This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steve@kleervue

Going Full Time?!
« on: June 06, 2005, 07:29:23 pm »
Hi there fellow window cleaners,

First of all im new to this site so any help would be appreciated.
I have recently started up my own round in window cleaning. At the moment I have 15 customers and am currently dropping leaflets through doors to generate more business. I am also working full time in a security job, which I desperatey want to get out of. What I need help in is how to make that break to go full time and quit the security job. I have commitments and cannot afford to jack the full time job in until I have enough customers.

I have tried canvassing by knocking door to door and have not found this effective, all my customers so far have been through leaflets, and word of mouth. Could someone please give me some advice on how to generate more customers quickly so I can get out of this security job and enjoy the life of a full time window cleaner.

Thank you in advance everyone.

Steve

stephen d

Re: Going Full Time?!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 10:33:05 pm »
steve, no other way than knocking on doors & leaflets when your starting out unless you buy a round from someone.alot of hard work initially but worth it ,good luck

steve@kleervue

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 10:55:08 pm »
Hi Stephen

Thanks for your advice and support.  The problem I am having is trying to fit in time to canvass after my 12 hour security shifts.  So all I'm doing at the moment is waiting for the phone to ring after my fiancee has delivered leaflets for me, or I am coming home at 7pm and going out for a couple of hours delivering leaflets.

I've tried knocking on people's doors in the evening and so far have not had one response.  I'm not quite sure why as I've previously worked as a sales rep and have the "gift of the gab".   Maybe I am just timing it wrong and people don't want to be hassled by me after a hard day's work? 

On previous discussions I've seen people suggest that they get their other halves to help them with door knocking but as I'll be the one doing the quoting this seems a bit of a pointless exercise for me - what do you think?

Thanks again

Steve

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 07:57:37 am »
hi steve, i thing i've noticed here is you say you go door knocking for 2 hours after 7pm, so therfore you must be knocking around 9pm? this could be a major problem and the reason for lack of response, if you were to knock my door at 9pm i would not be to happy (it's a bit late don't you think) i understand your other job restricts your timings so why not get your young lady to canvass for you say between 5-7pm? it may make a difference
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

s.hughes

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 10:22:43 am »
Hi
I agree with Jay. When I neded extra help with canvesing then I used the misses. I didnt think it would work to well but it did.

Steveyboy