This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

macleod

out to get you - LaddersFree
« on: November 19, 2009, 10:36:10 pm »
has anyone any stories about this company?
95 quid to join

are they just a window claning company that sub out work?
or are they some kinda legal association?

cheers

macleod

Re: LaddersFree
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 10:53:15 pm »
any actual experiences, anyone please?

daz1977

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 11:13:28 pm »
u got a web site to look at, so people can see it

macleod

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 11:25:01 pm »
i believe their web address is laddersfree.co.uk

again, any experiences to relate?

daz1977

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 07:54:36 am »
by the look at they are just like a yellow pages for wc, i would rather spend the 95 on google ad words and get higher up there pages

wizard

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 09:28:13 am »
They take your cash and gives you nothing. So many lazy people around who want easy cash.

macleod

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 09:32:16 am »
thanks guys, anyone done actual work for them?

macleod

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 10:39:36 am »
I'm sure someone on here must work for them either now or in the past.
Would be interesting to know your story...
Thanks

Roy Harding

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 01:22:55 pm »
You pay your joining fee, and then you select 3 counties that you would like to cover.
They then contact you if any contracts come up in those areas and they get 3 tenders. They bill the customer with some on top and then pay you.

I must add I have never worked for them but know some who have, one has had work and a few have not.

They can offer a nationwide service as they have built a network of window cleaners.

I personally hate all national companies that sub work out to window cleaners that they cannot cover, I have been offered plenty of jobs like this but never take it on. Why “You never get rich digging other peoples ditches” many will disagree and say if the work is there take it.

I’m in my 27yr and earn a good living and se no need for someone to make money on me. I will do the work and have all the money. ;D

This will open a can of worms! ;D

Roy

Steve CM

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 01:52:49 pm »
You pay your joining fee, and then you select 3 counties that you would like to cover.
They then contact you if any contracts come up in those areas and they get 3 tenders. They bill the customer with some on top and then pay you.

I must add I have never worked for them but know some who have, one has had work and a few have not.

They can offer a nationwide service as they have built a network of window cleaners.

I personally hate all national companies that sub work out to window cleaners that they cannot cover, I have been offered plenty of jobs like this but never take it on. Why “You never get rich digging other peoples ditches” many will disagree and say if the work is there take it.

I’m in my 27yr and earn a good living and se no need for someone to make money on me. I will do the work and have all the money. ;D

Roy

i heard they take the cream and palm off the poop! dunno how much of that is true mind, just what i heard

matt

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 02:39:43 pm »
they took 1 of my better jobs a few years back, it was a nice little 3 day job that i earnt well on

they came in with a price well below what i did it for ( for for 3 years ) and then struggled to get any1 to do it, in the end after less that 12 months they lost the job as the subbie just wasnt doing a good job ( because the price was so low )

macleod

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2009, 08:26:22 am »
thanks guys, what are they like to work for?

macleod

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2009, 09:42:50 pm »
has anyone worked for, or still works for laddersfree?

Window Washers

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2009, 10:21:43 pm »

Roy

Only have to say this is a very short sited view, I get others work and dont take a penny from the jobs, I do charge £49 for a year to do it, but thats less than 15 mins work for a years posibilities.....not everyone try to make a sack load from every person,  if everyone gave me 10p a week on here I would be rich, that not greedy do you get the point i'm making roy, please dont tar us all with the same brush, as you can get rich digging others ditches as sometimes you find gold and can keep it  ;)  :-*

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

macleod

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2009, 10:52:42 pm »
I'm really interested to know if anyone knows anyone that has worked for, had dealings with or can give me any additional info about laddersfree - feel free to share here or email me.

cheers

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2009, 11:05:00 pm »
they asked me to clean a massive retirement complex for £170, the same job if i priced it myself would of been £400.

Steve CM

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2009, 11:07:38 pm »
they asked me to clean a massive retirement complex for £170, the same job if i priced it myself would of been £400.

thats the kind of thing i heard about them.

matt

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2009, 11:38:16 pm »

thats the kind of thing i heard about them.

the thing is though, they will only expect you to spend 170 quid of time on the job, cut the odd corner, clean quickly etc etc

macleod

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2009, 10:24:58 pm »
thanks guys, Im not sure but i feel that perhaps they mislead clients into thinking that they are somehow an 'official' representation of window cleaners - is this true?

and give the impression that they are are a national window cleaning company when in effect they simply 'sub' work out to local window cleaners (via yellow pages etc) - and this sub contracting is the very practice that they say they dont do.

also if a client is paying £100 to clean their windows, is that what you get or do they 'cream off' a 'management fee' or is it simply the £95 quid a year that they make.

help to answer my suspicions please.

this topic is proving to be rather quite - so come on lads get involved.

macleod

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2009, 04:32:00 pm »
bump, really interested in any feedback