This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jhagger

priceing
« on: June 05, 2005, 06:46:55 pm »
hello there! first time used this site. just starting to get involved with builders cleans and found it quite intersting reading all the comments to one guys question, and it seems no one really likes doing them.
i quite enjoy the difference of a normal clean but it is hard work and i just feel like i'm charging more than seems realistic although it is only the same as what i'd normally earn doing normal windows and without the grief or arm ache!!
but as you can,t grumble at more work i want to give it a go, but am finding it hard to quote up and i need to draw up a rough priceing chart to give to the cleaning company i'm subbing through.So if anyone could help me with an idea for 1,2,3.....and so on bedroom houses /flats it would be most appreciated!!   cheers

clearview window c

Re: priceing
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 08:37:51 pm »
3 quid a window. ;D

Ian_Giles

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 10:23:09 pm »
treble your normal price per window, and if they are georgian....run screaming down the road :o
Buiders cleans are a real pain, do not be afraid to load up your prices. For a fixed price, treble your normal cost, maybe even more than that.
If you are doing a house that has large, real wood georgian windows it will take yo up to 5 times as long to clean them.
It does of course depend on the standards the builder expects of his tradesmen.
If they have done their job properly then the work you will have to do will be little more than normal clean.
If the tradesmen have been sloppy, you will have compo, paint, putty and or silicone to remove, even worse, if the painters have been careless and the walls have been painted you might also have the silicone based water sealant all over the glass too, and this is a total sw!ne to get off.

DO NOT BE AFRAID TO AT THE VERY LEAST TREBLE YOUR PRICE FOR A FIXED QUOTATION!!!

Also make sure you point out to the builder any scratches that you might see, and if there is sand and cement (compo) on them, point out the fact that this may well cause scratches on the glass.

Scratching glass is not an easy thing to do, not for us window cleaners, anyway most scratching is caused by clumsy decorators and their sandpaper. But if you are doing initial cleaning you must be very aware of the fact that after the windows are clean, any marks, scratches or flaws will show up, and the odds are, unless you have had the sense to point out these possible problems, you could well be blamed!!!

So be warned!!!

Regards,

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

scrimit2

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 08:00:45 pm »
does your 3 times the normal price include taking off the that protective plastic and stickers, why I ask is I do what call new cleans they have had an initial clean but I clean them for hand over, but now when I do them they have plastic still on so I think the price needs at least 50% extra on top.

rosskesava

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 08:13:32 pm »
For builders cleans we also charge 3 times the going rate and an extra £1 for any window with any type of tape on it.

Cheers

s.hughes

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 08:38:18 pm »
Sorry but I would still run a mile 3x the price or more I would still run.

Steveyboy

rosskesava

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 09:30:35 pm »
Hi How Much

We recently completed a large contract on a council estate to do the windows and frames after the roofs were replaced.

If I was quoting normally it would have been £8 per house. They were semi's with one downstairs window and one upstairs window front and back plus a small loo window, a tiny bathroom window and back door.

We quoted £20 for the glass and £5 for the frames per house.

Someone else quoted £10 per house but we got the job because the 'someone else' quote 'was too cheap'.

My advice is don't think about it - just do it with the attitude of 'I am a proffessional'. For every 1 that's says no, 3 will say yes.

Cheers

s.hughes

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 09:36:50 pm »
Hi Ross
Yup I know what youre saying. But for me I have really had the worst in builders cleans. I have had to get rid of concrete and lots of it. The last one I did was loads of concrete on leaded windows and it was a really hot day. I'm afraid that just did it for me. Now I will only do it for my regular customers who have had work done on their houses and then I would charge a lot more.

By the way have you set up your wfp yet???

Steveyboy

petetaylor56

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 09:55:17 pm »
 :)wheni do builders cleans i get them to sign a scratched glass waiver all it say is i will not be held responsible for any scratched glass and get them to sign and date had no comebacks and i charge about 5 times going rate if they dont want to pay i dont do them  ;)
today i be mostly wfp

rosskesava

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2005, 10:20:53 pm »
Hi How Much

We have the money in the bank for our WFP stuff but we still havn't yet fully agreed on what to buy.

It's dotting the I's and crossing the T's time.

Hi petetaylor56

We keep a diary and point out any problems we've had with concrete, plaster mortar and so on. As yet, no problems either.

Cheers

Ross