This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

keen n clean

pure freedom 650 ltr 40 ro system
« on: November 13, 2009, 08:24:00 pm »
Can anybody advice me of the system i am having from pure freedom its the 650ltr 40 ro one and im having it fitted in a couple of weeks i live in the west midlands(hard to soft area ) and would like to know if i require a booster pump for it to help speed up my production of water...do i need one? i have been quoted £500ish from pure for the one with this system which is pricey !they have said niether here nor there, i am confused and the last thing i want to do is get the system fitted and then find out i need one does any body live in this area that can advice me and also tell me am i making a good chioce in buying this set up ,and what i can expect in maintenance costs etc................ ty andy

Dan French

Re: pure freedom 650 ltr 40 ro system
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 05:27:49 pm »
Hi
Booster pumps are used when you have low water pressure or if you want consistent results. If your water pressure is low the RO will not work as efficiently because it likes higher water pressure than most domestic water supplies can provide. I can get by with normal tap water pressure but when I had a bit of cash spare I fitted a booster pump, it was a pain to fit but I am well pleased with the results; I can fill faster and it works better so my resin use has gone down. If I had fitted from the start I recon with the resin I have saved it would of paid for itself sooner.
Cheers Dan