Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ABLECLEAN

At last Yellow Pages will be alphabetical New
« on: June 04, 2005, 07:58:32 pm »
Guys and gals, I spoke to Yellow pages head office yesterday about the bad feeling over the way that they let advertisers use dots and numbers to get in front of the alphabetical listings. And guess what!! They said they are going alphabetical in 2006. " I said, "prove it" I said. "OK" they said. "Go to" - www.yelldirect.com/advertisinginfo     And then"Advertising policies" and then "Future name and positioning policy" and then "Positioning of adverts" and you will see that starting with Northants they are going to change to alphabetical listings. "So there" they said"  :P

Adrian Makel

Re: At last Yellow Pages will be alphabetical
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 07:59:47 pm »
i will believe it when i see it.

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 08:00:59 pm »
so will i.
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

ABLECLEAN

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 08:10:27 pm »
That means you both will have missed out on another year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karl Wildey

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 12:16:17 pm »
Y/P rep told me that 6 years back, and its yet to happen will have to wait and see.

Don't think it will.

Glynn

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 12:25:26 pm »
Most people "flick through"  a directory, thus stopping usually in the middle of a catagory, so it doesn't need to be in alphabetical order, its a random thing.
Very few people use the index to see on which page a classification begins.
Regards
Glynn

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005, 12:40:13 pm »
glynn ive just put that theory to test. and yes it is pretty random. i headed for the biggest picture
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

bennymon

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2005, 02:36:25 pm »
hi folks my ad is on the 4th of 7 pages of carpet cleaners its been great in my first year it has given me over 80% of my work  :) . now im gonna start a leaflet campaign ive got 20.000 printed up at a cost of £245 and its goin to cost about a grand to get them delivered is this value ? do you think ill get a good return ? and do you think its best to put out about 5000 a month or to put out all 20.000 and do the same again in a couple of months  :)         cheers   del :)