Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jim_77

Re: Just been quoted for van signage !
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2009, 08:51:28 am »
Thanks Steve :)

Yeah it does look big sat on its own but looks more at home once installed.

It's a MWB med roof transit.  snug fit, but still room for additional storage for all my other bits n bobs.

richy27

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2009, 02:04:03 pm »
I think it's best to remain inconspicuous when working ;D ;D

Nice one jim   . 

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2009, 06:05:29 pm »
Jim

Are you Service Master frachisee?
Good looking truckmount tho! very clean too  :)

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2009, 06:17:34 pm »
The conclusion I have come up with when it comes to van signage is that, unless its a really fancy, top notch job i.e. a wrap or expensive looking. Then its not worth getting done. It actually puts potenital customers off!

Rubbish - If your van wasn't signed in the first place the customer would never have known about you so how can they be put off?

There's no such thing as bad advertising.

O Reilly!....

And you've been in business how long???

To make it easy for you, I had a van with simple signage i.e. professional carpet cleaner, phone No etc etc black text on white van. NOT one call in 2 years!
Next van (same make and model. Always clean) full wrap, cost £995. 2 - 3 calls a MONTH!

What you gotta say about that??

I even had customers saying "oh thats a much nicer van! last last one made you look like a dodgy cowboy...."

Gordonnis

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2009, 07:20:19 pm »
Got this done for £100 cash , last year in gateshead , both sides front and back

Jim_77

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2009, 06:14:51 pm »
Jim

Are you Service Master frachisee?
Good looking truckmount tho! very clean too  :)
Yes I am. would be a bit silly if I wasn't!!

Should be clean it's brand new ;)

Dave_Lee

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2009, 09:33:41 pm »
Jim,
You got the full interoir insulation and waterproofing too? Alltec defo do the best install in the UK.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Jim_77

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2009, 01:19:26 am »
Did it myself.  Van was partly ply lined when I got it (sides, arches and bulkhead) but I completed it to all surfaces and insulated all round.  Got some protectakote off JK for the floor and the rest is still undercoated at the mo, ran out of time to finish it before installation!!

If the quote for speedlining wasn't such a p**s take i'd have had it all done at alltec.  However I really don't think that roughly 1200+vat i was quoted is very good value for money just to paint some waterproof stuff on some wood ???

That said, all the time and aggro I went through myself to get the back of the van prepped for installation.... next time I'm paying someone else to do it!

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2009, 12:55:43 pm »
150 it for northing ive just had one back door re done that cost me 280 + vat

derek west

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2009, 06:38:29 pm »
The conclusion I have come up with when it comes to van signage is that, unless its a really fancy, top notch job i.e. a wrap or expensive looking. Then its not worth getting done. It actually puts potenital customers off!

Rubbish - If your van wasn't signed in the first place the customer would never have known about you so how can they be put off?

O Reilly!....

To make it easy for you, I had a van with simple signage i.e. professional carpet cleaner, phone No etc etc black text on white van. NOT one call in 2 years!
Next van (same make and model. Always clean) full wrap, cost £995. 2 - 3 calls a MONTH!

I even had customers saying "oh thats a much nicer van! last last one made you look like a dodgy cowboy...."

you must have some pictures of both vans, lets see em.
derek

Dave_Lee

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2009, 05:26:59 pm »
Derek, tell me, how do you post pictures on here?
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Joe H

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2009, 05:54:56 pm »
Dave
You need to know where the photo is on your computer - pre requisite

Instead of typing in the message box, just look a bit further down to "additional options", click on it

go to "attach" and click on "choose file"  - now you search for your photo on your computer and it should be straight forward fro there, just double click on it once you found it on your comuter.
You can add text in the message box if you want.
Post it as normal

M.Acorn

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2009, 10:26:25 am »
This is the design i am going to go for !!!
Think it will look great !

What goes around comes around

Jim_77

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2009, 11:19:35 am »
It will certainly look nice and professional if it's done properly.  If that van pulled up on my drive, or I saw it at my neighbours house etc, I'd get the impression it was a pro doing a job.

But there's always a but... :)

Hopefully you can take this for what it is... constructive criticism!

You need to put yourself in the shoes of Joe Public, what do they see and how do they perceive it?

At the size of image you've posted, all I can see is "MGD", which means that at a glance from 20 yards away the same will happen in real life.  "What sort of work is that guy doing parked on that drive of our neighbour?"  The little graphic looks like a guy with a huge wang taking a giant sized pee on the floor :D  Nobody knows at a glance you're a carpet cleaner.

The description of your type of work is the thing that needs to be the most prominent.  Then the phone number.  Your company name/logo has to take a back seat because unless you're a big national company nobody will know you or connect you to the service you provide.  I think Clinton's new van has "CARPET CLEANING" plastered on the side in the biggest letters, great example.

Another thing is your mobile number.  I know opinion is divided on this but a mobile number on a professional vehicle??!  It looks pikey, really pikey, I tend not to do business with any firm who print a mobile in their advertising literature.  It's perceived the most trusted and dependable (in my opinion) to have a local landline number only.  Use call divert to your mobile so you don't miss any calls, it really is worth the few pounds a month it costs you :)

Email address.  I've never rushed to scribble down an email off a passing van.  You've got the web address there already, presumably you have a contact email on the website?  My suggestion would be to keep the web addy but drop the email, they crowd each other out.

Apart from that it's fine ;D  Not trying to knock you down, just sharing ideas mate hope u take it the right way :)

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2009, 11:37:53 am »
Pretty much echo everything that Jim has said. depends whether you want it to look nice or get business. CARPET CLEANING should be the thing people see, even more prominent than your company name.

I would put one of those card holders on your van as well.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2009, 12:05:31 pm »
Mark why are you sign writing your van? sound like a simple question but the answer to this question will dictate what you should do.

if you want people to see it and remember it, so the call you when they need a carpet cleaner, or when they are looking in the yellow pages or see a leaflet they remember your van.

I would say stop playing safe and let your van make a statement or really say what you do.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

clinton

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2009, 12:24:58 pm »
Mark i would too go for something that says what you do and make it bold.

I did it on my new van and it says carpet cleaning in very large letters next to a cartoon design,it will get you noticed ;D

Maybe in a nice yellow as well to stand out on the navy blue ???..

Joe H

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2009, 02:33:34 pm »
Good advice already given, Mark.

Nothing to add really.

james roffey

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2009, 04:47:26 pm »
you all bang on about marketing and how much it cost which it does it costs a bloody fortune more so when first starting, how can anyone drive around with a BLANK billboard because thats exactly what it is in fact i will go further its a FREE BLANK BILLBOARD if you do not utilise free advertising i think your mad, i had my van done graphics etc something very different my lttle boy on the side to make it stand out cost £700 within one day i had a job by the end of the first week two and now after 4 months its paid for itself 3 times over, just putting j bloggs carpet cleaner will not be any where near as effective as something unique as far as i am concerned its a no brainer.

O Reilly!....

sherco

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2009, 04:48:56 pm »
I saw a white vauxhall vivaro yesterday with silver sign writing, couldn't read what it said as he went passed.....Twat  ;D bet he thinks it looks good.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk