Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sherco

Sebo Dou Pre-treatment agitator.
« on: November 03, 2009, 02:55:10 pm »
Are the any good for agitating pre-spray...at £199.00 thought i might get one, must be better than a brush.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

Paul Simpson

Re: Sebo Dou Pre-treatment agitator.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 03:11:53 pm »
Used one for 3 years but now have an Envirodri I try to use for most jobs.
Still use the Sebo every now and again for tights areas and upstairs if I can't be bothered to lug the heavier machine up.
I think at £199 they are an excellent piece of kit and certainly better than a brush (effort wise at least) some people think they are a bit flimsy but my first one lasted 2.5 years with no problems and was still working perfectly when I replaced it and sold on.

sherco

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 03:15:52 pm »
Still use the Sebo every now and again for tights areas and upstairs if I can't be bothered to lug the heavier machine up.
I think at £199 they are an excellent piece of kit and certainly better than a brush (effort wise at least) some people think they are a bit flimsy but my first one lasted 2.5 years with no problems and was still working perfectly when I replaced it and sold on.
Where is the best place to get a Envirodri from? and what is the cost of these.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

clinton

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 03:38:55 pm »
Me too use a sebo duo and dont use it on every job but it comes in handy :)

Used it yesterday on a job and the brush stayed in the van for a change ;D

A handy tool to carry around in the van so worth the money and stores on my rear door so takes little room up :)

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 03:44:17 pm »
I wouldn't be without mine, great kit for a great price although I still use my "Perky" now and then! For the more challenging jobs I use the Oreck Orbiter...

Paul Simpson

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 04:42:47 pm »
Where is the best place to get a Envirodri from? and what is the cost of these.

From Envirodri driect http://www.envirodri.com/ although a tad more expensive at around £1200 incl. unless you manage to get an ex-demo but they are few & far between. Picked mine up for around £600 new from someone who got it as part of a package with other equipment but had no use for it.

richy27

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 05:13:42 pm »
very simalar to paul i have an envirodri and a sebo use envirodri most of the time but sebo is handy for doin tight spots as envirodri is heavy. sebo is ok but its very light. put the too side byside and the results are staggeringly dif

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 05:18:56 pm »
At £ 200 they are a good little tool, better than scrubbing away with a brush.

I've no doubt an envirodri is better as it's heavier, but I've got better things to spend £ 1200 on.

Think next on my shopping list will be the Oreck, at £ 400 it's a nice compromise between the two.

Steve

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 05:22:23 pm »
Colin why not use the Orbiter all the time if you have one?

Robert Watson

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 05:29:10 pm »
HOW MUCH. Is that what they cost now?  :o Great bit of kit, but at that price their having a laugh.
The last I heard they don't offer a guarantee if used for agitating pre spray.
Total joke.
Rab.
The Kitchen Door Centre

garyhumphreys

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 06:23:25 pm »
Link 2 duo's sid by side using Sebos Doppel connector and you have an agitation machine as wide as a door frame and with the extra weight much better performance. I bought my second duo a couple of months ago from cleansmart and it makes mincemeat out of large areas and easily converts to a single seconds if i need to get into tight spaces. Highly recommended.  :)

Len Gribble

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 06:54:10 pm »
Sherco

Think this will cover your needs http://www.carpet-cleaner.co.at/ don’t think there will be guarantee problems. ;)

Len 
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Martin S

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 07:08:18 pm »
Len that looks like the one Prochem sell.  Is it any good?  Ever used one?
Martin

Len Gribble

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2009, 09:03:25 pm »
Martin

Only learnt the other day Prochem market it as friber or some thing as I don’t do dry so why look! Then a mate said there a couple of contra rotating machines (three) on you know what, done a search under brand name came up with dry & wet cleaning phoned them to see if same machine. We sold one for £800quid I have done about 5ksqm wet clean (pre spray) with it no sign of chemical damage.

Oh they are totally crap machines so if you see one advertised for sale drop me a line, I will slaughter them on price!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2009, 09:10:42 pm »
Colin why not use the Orbiter all the time if you have one?

Cos I bought the Duo first I think ??? I didn't want to banish it to the garage...... I see what you mean though and the Orbitor is a versatile piece of kit, it can be used to speed up the drying by giving the carpet a quick bonnet on completion of HWE.....

Joe H

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2009, 08:08:26 am »
Link 2 duo's sid by side using Sebos Doppel connector and you have an agitation machine as wide as a door frame and with the extra weight much better performance. I bought my second duo a couple of months ago from cleansmart and it makes mincemeat out of large areas and easily converts to a single seconds if i need to get into tight spaces. Highly recommended.  :)

Two together will be twice as heavy as one, but the area you putting that weight onto is also twice as much, so the effect of weight is back to where it was - too light.

I got the Envirodri and use it not on every job but most. It is heavy but that is what makes it work well.

Host have introduced a new model and if you a member of the NCCA you can get it for £999 inc vat and a set of brushes of your choice.

Martin S

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2009, 08:52:21 am »
Joe have you ever used a 'Host' before?  Just wondering how it compares to the Envirodri.  I have a Duo at the mo' but would liketo get something meatier  :)
Martin

Joe H

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2009, 10:09:53 am »
Just over 2 years ago I had a demo of both the Host and Envirodri, at different times but on the same carpets.

They performed very similarly, so much so I simply chose the cheapest, by far, which was the Envirodri.
The Host did have benefits in as much you could add a vacuum pod. This means you could agitate the carpet when dry and release all the bits and suck up at the same time. If you dont have the vac pod you have to go over with a vac cleaner - double the effort (but still worthwhile).

Point to note is that a set of brushes (2) are usually included with a machine but there are different grades for differring tasks ie black is for hard floors, gold is for wool and 3 more inbetween.
A set for Envirodri is about £95, a set for Host is about £170.

The Host offer of £999 inc a set of your choice. It was a limited offer so check it out, and this new machine is not capable of having a vac pod fitted at a later date.

clinton

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2009, 04:30:30 pm »
I used a host a long time ago and guess it would do a good agitation job as its weight would be the main benefit compared to a duo..