This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

p1w1

Who's done safe contractor
« on: November 02, 2009, 08:58:28 pm »
Just wondering if anyone has done the safe contractor scheme as i'm about to start it at the end of the month... is it a long winded process? whats actually involved? are they helpfull in completing it? how long did it take you to complete it and to you was it worth all the hassle?
I personally think it will be a good help in gaining commercial work not really doing it for the  domestic side of things.
any info appreciated

Paul

ronnie paton

Re: Who's done safe contractor
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 09:08:19 pm »
i have and i think the payment terms are a joke, theytake your money but your not accredited untill you pass inspection which can take some time.

It tok 3 months first time 7 next they kept asking for more stuff, so the problem i see is that i am now due to pay for year three but only just started my accredition for year two so if it carries on i will be payig two or three times before accredited.......a joke really

macmac

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 11:17:23 pm »
Just wondering if anyone has done the safe contractor scheme as i'm about to start it at the end of the month... is it a long winded process? whats actually involved? are they helpfull in completing it? how long did it take you to complete it and to you was it worth all the hassle?
I personally think it will be a good help in gaining commercial work not really doing it for the  domestic side of things.
any info appreciated

Paul

I was going to do it untill I found out it was client specific & not universally recognised.

I told a commercial customer that I was going for safe contractor, his reply- "what the f*** is that!! ;D

matt

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 11:19:41 pm »
any info appreciated

Paul

I was going to do it untill I found out it was client specific & not universally recognised.

I told a commercial customer that I was going for safe contractor, his reply- "what the f*** is that!! ;D

i allways when selling myself mention a few letters and they sound important, i allways mention the MOD security checked and mention my elf and safety background

most dont care  :-\

p1w1

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 07:33:31 am »
hmmmm got me thinking now is it really worth it... ???

macmac

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 09:49:10 am »
hmmmm got me thinking now is it really worth it... ???

To be honest, it certainly won't do you any harm. For me personaly, it wasn't worth it but for you it may well be. ;)

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 01:25:25 pm »
Waste of time and money it wont get you work  :-X
Spit and polish

p1w1

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 03:56:38 pm »
yeah i'm beginning to think the same now after looking into it a bit more.. I thought it was a universally recognised thing and not just client specific and unless a company really asks for it i'm not sure if it will really benifit me..thanks for the replys

Paul

Mr Bungalow

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 10:16:31 pm »
I think its only worth it if you have a few employees working with you really.

Sounds quite complicated to get it.

But I have looked into it, as eventually it would be something worth having.

Kind regards. :)

ronnie paton

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 10:36:27 pm »
they need to re think there payment terms has like iv  said you could of ended up paying for say 2011 but still being accredited for2009 if you knw what i mean

mci services

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 10:43:20 pm »
my brother is about to lose a 200 quid a month contract because he doesnt have it, he is looking at doing it but is a bit annoyed as already complies to all the health and safety demands, but could lose this because of safe contractor