This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Commercial Collecting?
« on: December 01, 2003, 10:14:25 pm »
can anyone please give me some advice on what terms and conditions they give to their commercial customers i have given 14 days to pay with 7% discount alas this still dosent seem to work and also whats the longest you had to wait for your cheque or bacs payment?

jonesy5

Re: Commercial Collecting?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2003, 11:46:58 pm »
Ive got one customer(refugee centre) who pay about 2 months after its done !!!!!!
EMPLOYER   THE GOVERNMENT AGENCY     i aint paying my tax bill till march 31st ;D

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2003, 12:11:24 am »
Hi easyclean
I would never give a 7% discount why should you, you have done the work, there not the one's freezing there bits off.
After talking to a few people on this forum and wintecs forum I decided to set a 14 day invoice and if they dont respond in the time slap a 10% surcharge on top which I have stated in invoice terms at bottom. Face it to most company's this is pennys to them.
If nothing heard after 14 days they will start getting weekly reminders and telephone calls.
Bloody cheek I think.

Good Luck
Alan

Fox

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2003, 12:24:29 am »
Hi
Most Companies work on 30days net. Don't give a discount for early payment to commercial customers very rarely has any effect on speed of payment.

If you haven't recieved payment after these terms call every two to three days if they are evasive.  However you will usually find that after the first call they will give you a payment date - and usually stick to it.

Good luck  

STEVE71163

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2003, 11:31:08 am »
Hi Steve,
            I expect my invoices to be paid within 30 days and if they are not i telephone first but ultimately i dont clean again until payment. Even the largest companies can produce a cheque in minutes regardless of what they tell you  ::) but i do find out the days of their cheque runs and then give a gentle reminder.

Steve Lowe

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2003, 04:50:33 pm »
Hi steve
I have heard of your persuasion techniques.
I found them most impressive, and your right about being able to produce cheques on demand if they want too.
Must say I am starting as I mean to go on had a couple of run-ins the last week so put on 14days so should receive within 30 days if not will start trying your techniques.
Alan

simonb

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2003, 10:17:32 pm »
Most companies ignore your terms and go for 30 days, which means the end of the month FOLLOWING the month in which they recieved the bill.So
Get invoices in before month end
Address to person paying bill
Phone that person to chase
Keep doing domestic work as it helps cashflow!

Majestic

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2003, 12:32:49 am »
When I get a new commercial job I ask when they pay out, ie 30 days from invoice date or at the end of the month .Allways get a contact name and no  , even a
e mail address then you can keep sending reminders but I would not do a clean untill I have had payment for the last one . Most companys like to keep hold of there money for as long as they can  8)