Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Washers

Re: Guild Pre-registration for 2010 is now open!
« Reply #140 on: November 04, 2009, 07:15:49 pm »
Not got the house yet! My mrs has been helping out at the school for years - she is also involved in security work with her job. The school suddenly realised she had no crb check so she was instantly banned from the shool trips etc untill the check was done.
The fact that they are non-transferrable is a joke. Obviously thought up by some jobsworth as a way of boosting revenue to whoever charges for it.
Reading through this thread has made me angry that we live in such a crap society that thinks bits of paper are the way forward.  ???
As for NVQ's - don't start me on that but having witnessed someone pass one who could barely read or write made me realise what a load of toss his piece of paper was.  ::) (and that was far more advanced than any window cleaning certificate)
FTP does it mean just because a guy can barely read or write make you any better than him doing a manual job ?? maybe he can not read or write but he clearly has a good understanding how to move his business forward, this maybe something you really should think about before making insulting comments.
And just because this said person can barely read or write does not in anyway mean the nvq is a load of toss.

Feel better now :-X

Ian

I don't think you understood the post. The NVQ I witnessed was in the print trade. A trade where I had to do a seven year apprenticeship no less! The NVQ system was brought in to replace apprenticeships. This enabled numpties like the guy I mentioned to pass an NVQ simply because he got someone else to fill it out for him (the training officer). Once they had the first guy through all the other trainees throughout the years simply copied all the coursework - just changing the name on the file.
One guy didn't even bother to copy the work but handed last years file in with his name on top and surprise surprise even managed to get better marks.
Maybe you can explain to me why a poorly educated person should be entitled to earn the same money and be called a craftsman when he clearly wasn't up to the job? Why do you send your kids to school?
An NVQ that can be completed in a matter of days is hardly an achievment is it?
Ok you want me to explain why a poorly educated person should be entitled to earn the same:

ok here goes maybe boring for other readers and I have to say sorry for that: This is about me by the way I am what you would class as poorly educated though it is not really my fault as I was eger to learn.  I was a kid I was ill i had cancer i missed quite a bit of school, back then not was it out of school sat doing errm sod all bored out of my brians, I then go back to school I am put in top set of maths becxause I was very good with numbers, I then move school, I got down graded from top set because I was not very good at english spelling and grammer (I had not been at school d'oh, and these so called clever people are educated aswell ::))
so me at school became boring maths was far to easy I did a l;essons work within mins of class starting and got bored, bored kids get in trouble because they are bored! so I then got in more trouble for speaking up for myself and asking to go up to a class so I could learn something (these educated people did not like to be told by someone clearly brighter than them that they was learning nothing because they had put me in a class where I already new all the answers because I had already learnt the stuff being in a top set of maths is not rocket science................ ::)
Anyway that was maths (guess you can see that annoys me, to english i WAS SO FAR BEHIND i JUST DIDNT HAVE A CLUE WHAT TO DO i ASKED FOR HELP, I got told off for disrupting the lesson and sent out, all because I was ill had to take time of through no fault of my own. And no I get punished for it and my education suffers because of it, unfair I thought. I ecel in woodwork and so much wanted to be a boat builder I didnt need english that much, maths I did but I was good at this so instead of being bored I learnt about boats wood and making things, Then I get my arm caught in a metal centre Lathe making an ancor for my boat, this kept me off of school for near on a year, my arm was mangelled (wrapped around a metal pole 4 times, cracking I thought, sorry have to laugh) when I went back to school I was even futher was behind on english, and at this point I told myself school is not for me, this was in no way my fault, and why should this hold me back. TBH I want to learn english now on my terms but be spoken to with respect that teachers back then clearly did not have.

I should be entitled to earn more for the crap schooling I got, not less  ;D

I do earn more than my teachers, I did that at 20 years old, and they are so called educated  ::)

I have nvq's in cooking, management, plumbing, also city and guilds in plumbing and NVQ in WINDOW CLEANING and I am proud to say it,  :P jealousy is an ugly thing ;D

Ian

Sorry for the part life story just tends to annoy me about school..and education
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #141 on: November 04, 2009, 07:31:40 pm »
A lot, maybe most well educated people have little or no common sense!
Why shouldn't an uneducated person be able to earn more than and educated one?
Earnings are usually down to hard work! not if someone has a degree or not.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Window Washers

« Reply #142 on: November 04, 2009, 07:36:04 pm »
A lot, maybe most well educated people have little or no common sense!
Earnings are usually down to hard work! not if someone has a degree or not.

Matt
You are spot on there Matt, and would love to hear the answer to the question you asked.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #143 on: November 04, 2009, 07:43:25 pm »
Because he not educated!

That was an easy question  ;D
I would like an indepth answer to that please!

Window Washers

« Reply #144 on: November 04, 2009, 07:48:35 pm »
What’s your point windowwasher?
I would answer you Ewan, but you clearly want to antagonise me by calling me window washer (sorry if I spelt that word wrong, I is uneducated!

Window Washers

« Reply #145 on: November 04, 2009, 07:57:48 pm »
You agree with a statement/question but don’t know why  ;D
I know why, but nice try  Ewan ::)

« Reply #146 on: November 04, 2009, 07:59:00 pm »
Ok you want me to explain why a poorly educated person should be entitled to earn the same:

ok here goes maybe boring for other readers and I have to say sorry for that: This is about me by the way I am what you would class as poorly educated though it is not really my fault as I was eger to learn.  I was a kid I was ill i had cancer i missed quite a bit of school, back then not was it out of school sat doing errm sod all bored out of my brians, I then go back to school I am put in top set of maths becxause I was very good with numbers, I then move school, I got down graded from top set because I was not very good at english spelling and grammer (I had not been at school d'oh, and these so called clever people are educated aswell ::))
so me at school became boring maths was far to easy I did a l;essons work within mins of class starting and got bored, bored kids get in trouble because they are bored! so I then got in more trouble for speaking up for myself and asking to go up to a class so I could learn something (these educated people did not like to be told by someone clearly brighter than them that they was learning nothing because they had put me in a class where I already new all the answers because I had already learnt the stuff being in a top set of maths is not rocket science................ ::)
Anyway that was maths (guess you can see that annoys me, to english i WAS SO FAR BEHIND i JUST DIDNT HAVE A CLUE WHAT TO DO i ASKED FOR HELP, I got told off for disrupting the lesson and sent out, all because I was ill had to take time of through no fault of my own. And no I get punished for it and my education suffers because of it, unfair I thought. I ecel in woodwork and so much wanted to be a boat builder I didnt need english that much, maths I did but I was good at this so instead of being bored I learnt about boats wood and making things, Then I get my arm caught in a metal centre Lathe making an ancor for my boat, this kept me off of school for near on a year, my arm was mangelled (wrapped around a metal pole 4 times, cracking I thought, sorry have to laugh) when I went back to school I was even futher was behind on english, and at this point I told myself school is not for me, this was in no way my fault, and why should this hold me back. TBH I want to learn english now on my terms but be spoken to with respect that teachers back then clearly did not have.

I do earn more than my teachers, I did that at 20 years old, and they are so called educated  ::)

I have nvq's in cooking, management, plumbing, also city and guilds in plumbing and NVQ in WINDOW CLEANING and I am proud to say it,  :P jealousy is an ugly thing ;D

Ian

Sorry for the part life story just tends to annoy me about school..and education

agree with what you say.
very boring. ;D ;D

school isn't for everyone, it's what you do with what you have

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #147 on: November 04, 2009, 08:01:10 pm »

I disagree with the statement that an educated person should earn more than an uneducated person.
earnings are down to how hard you work, I know window cleaners that earn a damn sight more than an electrician!

Window Washers

« Reply #148 on: November 04, 2009, 08:02:47 pm »

Ian

agree with what you say.
very boring. ;D ;D

school isn't for everyone, it's what you do with what you have
at least you read it  ;D

and to keep on topic, Nat can I get the stickers early if I pay early ?

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #149 on: November 04, 2009, 08:18:07 pm »

Yep, everyone who pre-registers will get their member pack sent out in a week or 10 days from now. I'm just waiting for the delivery of the 2010 decals (Should arrive with me on Friday) from the printer, and then I just have to pop them in the envelopes with the certs etc and drag myself to the post office! :)

Window Washers

« Reply #150 on: November 04, 2009, 08:19:54 pm »

I disagree with the statement that an educated person should earn more than an uneducated person.
earnings are down to how hard you work, I know window cleaners that earn a damn sight more than an electrician!

What you have posted here MB window cleaning is a different statement, to what windowwashers highlighted.
You are playing with words again Ewan:

this is what I highlighted:

ftp

« Reply #151 on: November 04, 2009, 08:37:02 pm »
Ian, you've twisted my post a little, I'm not saying a poorly educated business person should earn less than anyone else should they work hard enough.
All I said was why should someone who can't even complete their own nvq themselves be entitled to the same wages and stature as someone who has served their time, kept their head down learnt their trade and studied hard for their qualifications being employed in the same job. ie Printing.
I studied hard at school and got the qualifications to enter the print trade and then studied for a further seven years. Along comes the numpty, through the back door, bish bosh someone writes his nvq for him which he passes (distinction) and he's on the same money and level as me in less than two years. See the unfairness in it yet?
See why I have absolutely no faith in nvq's or poncy bits of paper?

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #152 on: November 04, 2009, 08:56:39 pm »
Ian, you've twisted my post a little, I'm not saying a poorly educated business person should earn less than anyone else should they work hard enough.
All I said was why should someone who can't even complete their own nvq themselves be entitled to the same wages and stature as someone who has served their time, kept their head down learnt their trade and studied hard for their qualifications being employed in the same job. ie Printing.
I studied hard at school and got the qualifications to enter the print trade and then studied for a further seven years. Along comes the numpty, through the back door, bish bosh someone writes his nvq for him which he passes (distinction) and he's on the same money and level as me in less than two years. See the unfairness in it yet?
See why I have absolutely no faith in nvq's or poncy bits of paper?

I can see that point FTP.
I miss read your post, sorry fella.
I thought you were having a dig at uneducated people.
Obviously this person must of been sleeping with the boss.  ;D

Matt

« Reply #153 on: November 04, 2009, 09:02:36 pm »

Yep, everyone who pre-registers will get their member pack sent out in a week or 10 days from now. I'm just waiting for the delivery of the 2010 decals (Should arrive with me on Friday) from the printer, and then I just have to pop them in the envelopes with the certs etc and drag myself to the post office! :)
why drag yourself to the post office when the post men aint. it might get picked in Ireland but it wont go anywhere in UK ;D

« Reply #154 on: November 04, 2009, 09:07:14 pm »
Nat  ;D ;D what is the Guilds opinion on earnings of educated plebs compared to that of uneducated morons?  ;)

« Reply #155 on: November 04, 2009, 09:35:55 pm »
I'm sure they will still let you renew your membership :D

« Reply #156 on: November 05, 2009, 11:35:02 pm »
Do the folks that are already registered as guild members think membership has done their business any harm?

Window Washers

« Reply #157 on: November 06, 2009, 07:03:18 am »
Do the folks that are already registered as guild members think membership has done their business any harm?
Has not done my business any harm

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #158 on: November 06, 2009, 11:30:33 am »
it has totally wrecked my career, my marriage has broken down as a result, my kids ran away from home, the baillifs have taken every thing i ever owned, the car and van were repo'd and the house is now being taken by the banks....and its all down to being a member of that blasted guild >:(

:)

p1w1

« Reply #159 on: November 06, 2009, 11:40:54 am »
it has totally wrecked my career, my marriage has broken down as a result, my kids ran away from home, the baillifs have taken every thing i ever owned, the car and van were repo'd and the house is now being taken by the banks....and its all down to being a member of that blasted guild >:(

:)
Dont think ill join now then lol