This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kingfisher

How big is your one
« on: May 31, 2005, 11:49:55 pm »
Hi just changing over to WFP and wonder what you guys think is the best all round size pole to use.

I’ve already brought a dirty great big 25ft metal one only to realise it’s a bit impractical for downstairs windows unless I want to clean them from the next door neighbours, and it weighs a ton as well

thewindowcleaner1

Re: How big is your one
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 07:21:20 am »
Hi I made the same mistake first pole 28ft took two sections off but it was still too heavy,
bought a 18ft with a viken brush head  from andrews water, works great, big enough for most houses and above conservatories, plus light enough to use on downstairs windows saving time switching to smaller brush.

Alan
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

kingfisher

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 06:39:45 pm »
Hi Alan how big is the pole when fully retracted as my one is about 6 foot and I keep knocking down flower pots ect .

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 07:44:51 pm »
Ya mine's the same and I do the same plus I've developed a flick of the rist to get pole into good position to clean windows then I forget about hose and pull things over. but its still faster than keep changing to small 2ft pole that I have (from Ionics)

Breakages getting less and Less, either I'm getting the Knack or my customers are getting wise and moving items out of my way.

Alan
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

Spoonbill1970

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 03:31:19 pm »
Hi Kingfisher,

Is it an Unger pole you have?
If so, you can take out the two innermost sections and replace them with a smaller pole.
http://cleantech.co.uk/catalogue/product_info.php?cPath=26_45&products_id=217
I use this and the next two sections of the "big" pole. When you do the downstairs, all you need to do is slip out the wee sections.

HTH
JSP

kingfisher

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 09:30:08 pm »

Hi
                  No dont think it is  I brought it second hand and thers no markings on it to say where it came from

Have decided to get a 12ft 3 section pole from Wintecs its on order.

Will keep the big one set up as it is in case I come across any high windows.

Thanks Kevin

texas girl

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 04:33:08 am »
 ;D

I cannot resist; Just how big is yours? :P
Debbie

Ian_Giles

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 07:06:15 am »
My system came with the Unger pole setup, now these aren't the best poles out there, they are in fact one of the cheapest and one of the lightest too.
They are very adaptable, you only use as many sections of the main set of poles as you need, the pole hose is on the outside of the pole and this makes using however many section of the pole you want an easy matter.
I also have 2 other poles quite independant of the main setup, both are Unger ones, the 5ft one (extending to about 10ft) was the one I always used prior to WFP, the second one, a 2ft 6in one I bought for use with the pole.
These two are a doddle to use, I just unclip the the brush and pop it onto either of the other poles.
Sometimes I just unclip the brush and don't bother using the shorter poles, the brush is attached to the Unger angle joint that allows you to vary whatever angle you wish to have the brush, so when you pop this off the pole you have the equivalent of a very short extention pole (18in or so). For many downstairs work I find this fine.

So remember, there ARE other options out there!!

Regards,

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

kingfisher

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2005, 11:15:48 pm »
Hi Texas Girl
                       Thanks for your interest, it’s very big  in fact it’s a bit of a handful I’ve been handling it all day and my arms are really acing ;D ;D

matt

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 11:39:46 pm »
i have:

3 X 3M unger for my 2nd floor windows

3 X 2M unger for everyday use

2 X 1M cleantech for downstairs if i use it (very rare)

pretty much covered for all work with them, less than 100 for for all 3 if memory serves me right