This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

victoriagardner

TV documentary
« on: May 31, 2005, 04:09:00 pm »
I work for a company called Shine who are currently producing a programme about different types of domestic cleaners.

The Real British Suburbia is a 6 part series about different aspects of suburbia. Each one hour part has a different theme, so for example, gardens will feature amazing and unusual gardens in suburbia and for cleaning we are looking for all different types of cleaners. Examples of people already on board are an original Mrs. Mop type, the most enthusiastic oven cleaner you have ever met.

So we're looking for a window cleaner...someone who is proud of their trade, passionate about the way they work and feels they are unique in some way. Perhaps they've cleaned more windows than had hot dinners? They could use old fashioned methods and can't fathom these new fangled ways...Or maybe they're the new kid on the block with a unique way of cleaning that makes them stand out.  They'll certainly have a few tales to tell to tell about the business.  We're specifically looking for a window cleaner at the moment but are still interested in talking to all different types of cleaners.

I'd love to have a chat to you about this if you've got a moment. If anyone from your firm is interested they should contact me ASAP, we're working to a fairly tight schedule and are looking to film in June / early July. (filming will take a day)

Thanks for your time

Victoria Gardner
Researcher
The Real Suburbia
Shine TV Limited
020 7985 7095

Re: TV documentary
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 07:20:17 pm »
Hi Victoria,

Are there any financial incentives involved and would the willing recipient have any say in the final editing of the programme?

windolene

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 08:59:45 pm »
Hi Victoria,

I can offer some vintage window cleaning items for you to show including the worlds oldest window cleaning trade journal issue no:1 dated April 1913 of The Window Cleaners Federated associations. Head office 111 Redlam, Blackburn.

Please excuse this post if I have spoken to your colleague Ian about this subject, Iam not sure if your the same firm.

Kevin.

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 09:18:57 pm »
Hi Victoria,

I can offer some vintage window cleaning items for you to show including the worlds oldest window cleaning trade journal issue no:1 dated April 1913 of The Window Cleaners Federated associations. Head office 111 Redlam, Blackburn.

Windowlene, I'd love to see that information.  You should post it up here.  Honestly, Mate, it's only of interest to window cleaners who like a bit of history too.

As for the TV programme I doubt they'd be interested.  What they're after is a 'character' who isn't afraid to make a 'tit' of themselves.  What we need is a 'Fred Dibnah' (spelling) of the window cleaning world.  Not that he's a 'tit' mind.  I think the bloke was great!.

But I think we've all seen enough cheap, rubbish, unscripted 'fly on the wall' TV to deter us from making a fool of ourselves.

Don't do it, is my advice!

windolene

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 10:09:54 pm »
OK,

I have it ready to email; but to who?

Kevin.

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 10:24:47 pm »
OK,

I have it ready to email; but to who?

Kevin.

Kevin,

Scan the pages and:

E-Mail it to me at at ken_tosh_simpkin@yahoo.co.uk

I'll stick'em up here.

s.hughes

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 11:01:18 pm »
We've had a lot of this TV stuff lately. There's enough for a program each.
Its nice to be wanted, and at least have a chance.

Steveyboy

rosskesava

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 11:36:18 pm »
Here we go again..........

Same old story.

'We are so so so interested in you, and you as a person'. Rather like a young boy saying to a young girl that he is only interested in her as a person. Not that he is after something only she can give him.

It has nothing to do with money, viewing figures or changing things so as it looks like how 'we' want it to. Nope. Of course not.

Profit never enters into things.

My advice to anyone which most know already is stay well clear. These people seek their own ends first, second, third and every step between that and last.

So we're looking for a window cleaner...someone who is proud of their trade, passionate about the way they work and feels they are unique in some way. Perhaps they've cleaned more windows than had hot dinners? They could use old fashioned methods and can't fathom these new fangled ways...Or maybe they're the new kid on the block with a unique way of cleaning that makes them stand out.  They'll certainly have a few tales to tell to tell about the business.  We're specifically looking for a window cleaner at the moment but are still interested in talking to all different types of cleaners.

Ho Hum. Yawn. Of course that is what you are after.

Yeah sure.

Next week, how to nail jelly to a ceiling.

alansavvi

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2005, 07:25:21 pm »
I am a new window cleaner who gave up a career in the city 12 months ago after i purchased a reach and wash system. Sick of the pressure and slaving for other people, I wondered about the silent person sometimes seen cleaning the office windows only to discover that he earns more than me in less time!  I have gone from nothing to a thriving business in that time. I wish I did it years ago! Interested?

Alan

gaza

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2005, 08:12:04 pm »
 ALAN:CONCRATS:Welcome to the sn****ring world of window cleaning. Just think how many times did you say sorry havent got time to talk Im off to work.

MUSTENT BE LATE AGAIN = nearly out of a job
Having to say sorry to a know it all, strait from univ,spotty runt
whos read the highway code of life but carnt drive the car.

MOST OF US ON HERE IM SURE LAUGH AT THAT TIME WE WORKED FOR SOMEONE.

Even on my first day window cleaning I couldnt believe what Iwas earning per hr,now my wife doesnt believe that I only earn 6 pound 10 bob an hr and tells me to get a proper job,rather get a proper wife who doesnt moan ;D .

ALAN PUTTING YOU FORWARD FOR DOC:city worker comes up trumps window cleaning. 8)
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

rosskesava

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2005, 08:52:44 pm »
Hi Alan

I'm the same as you although I didn't have exactly what I'd call career.

I didn't know a job could be this stress free although I still earn less at the moment but bit by bit, it's creeping upwards.

Today was an exception and was very stressfull.

Our usual cafe for todays work was shut. We had to find somewhere else.

Very very stressfull.

Cheers