Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

clinton

Re: Closing a Deal
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2009, 08:37:27 am »
Mike O

Good credentials with your sales background :)

Did you find it helps getting work ???

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2009, 01:24:15 pm »
Hi Clinton

I think the key is maximising every lead and getting a good price rather than relying on a low price to get the business. We like to optimise our time and our costs, but when you think about it, not having your sales down pat will lose you lots of time and money.

Having said that getting the phone ringing I suspect is more the average CC problem and the more it rings the easier it is to sell.

nevil

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2009, 03:06:39 pm »
I find the best way is to not think sales. Put that to the back of your mind for a moment. Whenever possible try to engage the customer. talk to them, listen to them. Have a joke. I have always thought that half the battle is for them to like you. If you alienate them there is no way they are going to use you.

They are thinking about more than just price. Getting the job done properly and making sure they are not going to get a weirdo coming in their house could be important factors. If you have talked to them you will already know when they are thinking of get the job done. I always say don't leave it to late to book or that day or week will be fully booked. 

Robert Watson

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2009, 04:45:44 pm »
When a customer says "I`ll talk it over" or what ever, I always say.
My name Robert, if you want to get back to me.
Then they warm up and say " Oh thank you very much Robert"
Might just be enough to win them if the price is not to far out.

Rab.
The Kitchen Door Centre

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2009, 05:23:32 pm »
i always go out to quote unless its a repeat customer - the thing is that i always want to know what im walking into E.G state of the carpet/upholstery,where its situated,can i park my van and more importantly do i like the look of potential customer or are the nobheads