This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gaza

ro v di units
« on: May 27, 2005, 10:54:40 pm »
Daft question I know:If your on a water meter would it be an advantage to di the waste water before you put it through the
ro unit again?

Is this possible?Im only asking cus at moment run di system only.

or di it before it goes into the ro system,just trying to save money going down the drain.

it would be pure surely before it was used that way

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

AuRavelling79

Re: ro v di units
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 11:02:22 pm »
Wouldn't the waste water have an even higher concentration of TDS than the original tap water? If so then wouldn't it get through resin at an uneconomical rate?
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 11:05:00 pm »
Daft question I know:If your on a water meter would it be an advantage to di the waste water before you put it through the
ro unit again?

Is this possible?Im only asking cus at moment run di system only.

or di it before it goes into the ro system,just trying to save money going down the drain.

it would be pure surely before it was used that way

gaza

Gazza, I think you should just stick to using scrims and crayons, Mate.

Regards.

Tosh.

gaza

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 11:12:03 pm »
Just a thought, Ihad all ready worked out it would be more consentrated,what about using spent resin instead of dumping it after its reading015 on tds meter.
must have some efect for a while at least

GAZA

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2005, 08:45:34 am »
Save yourself a lot of work and worry check out Andrews water his ro produces at 1:1 ratio better than my 1:2 (I'm not on a meter though)

Alan
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

gaza

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 12:34:08 am »
HI ALL :I KNEW  I was going to get some stick over this question but in industry they water soften the water 1st,I was told this was a waste of time but reading through  regenerating di resin on search web
I now know I was right by what I was asking [would it help to water soften 1st]

Some of the industry leaders dont know what they are on about,and I challenge them to prove me wrong.[cus Ive done my research and got the websites to prove it}the only problem Ive got is I get called for not being able to put links in

Also Im sure that if you put spent resin in front of a r/o unit it would be purer than tap water,so save your membrane . now this I admit I maybe wrong till I find the answer from recearching it, maybe nobody has thought of this being a new industry to the uk.

see item ebay 4382090840 you could put your spent polishing resin in to one of these you ro users ???

If knowone ever challenged the way you do something the wheel wouldnt have been invented now would it?

GAZA

dai

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 06:34:14 pm »
Gazza, I can't see any thing wrong in putting you water through the old resin before it goes through the new stuff. It would continue to work for you untill the SDS reading is the same as your tap water. That way you would be getting every last bit of benefit from your resin. Sounds good to me, planning on doing the same thing myselfe, DAI

gaza

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 07:00:13 pm »
DAI:Please let me know how you get on for future reference,all Iwas thinkink was waste water cost money,resin costs money.

Maybe the only way you would be able to tell what benefit you get is by having a flow metre and see what water u use to produce your usual ammount ,then run  spent resin in front of it and then compare. Will be interested in the result.

Thinking of running a water softener in the house,want my mrs to have soft hair instead of her brillo pad [a top hair dresser in nottm has refused to cut and style her hair stating its the hardest hair to cut hes ever came a cross]
this would I think help the resin last longer as well,but Ive been told this would be of no benefit ,so why does a soft water area produce more pure water than a hard water area
when run through a di vessel ? boffins answer that one 8)

GAZA

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 11:33:46 pm »
Hi,

For a boffin's explanation of water purification, suggest you click on http://www.andwat.co.uk/acatalog/HOW_WATER_PURIFICATION_WORKS.html

It might help a bit !
Andrew

gaza

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2005, 09:14:08 am »
ANDREW :Thanks for that posting its answered my many questions about w /softener pre ro/di systems.I thought of it
all on my own [which is good for me] not being the brightest spark in the fire.

I know your very well educated but for us simpletons whos are ludites to this water processing it can be hard work to understand,until we get amongst the meat and veg of this subject.

By the way Andrew I wasnt having a go at you [Ive nothing but respect for your company having dealt with your company
and the rapid response to supplying goods}

Some of the boffins at other firms arent as wired up right, they think they are, some of the advice Ive had on the phone is wrong to say the least.

These shall remain nameless to protect the guilty.
Once again Andrew thanks for taking your time to respond.
   GAZA

matt

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2005, 05:09:40 pm »
it would be worthwhile putting the spent DI resin Before the new resin, as this would help the life span of the new stuff

wouldnt it ?? ?? ? ??

so have RO - OLD DI - NEW DI

gaza

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2005, 09:33:07 pm »
MATT: glad to see someones been thinking ,thought of that one Matt,but would involve buying a new vessel until I discovered [ vodka] ebay item 4382090840.
MATT it may look rough,but cost effective yes.
100% pure water is pure water,a vessel is a vessel  ;D

gaza

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2005, 10:21:25 pm »
MATT: glad to see someones been thinking ,thought of that one Matt,but would involve buying a new vessel until I discovered [ vodka] ebay item 4382090840.
MATT it may look rough,but cost effective yes.
100% pure water is pure water,a vessel is a vessel  ;D

GAZA

matt

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2005, 10:34:08 pm »
gaza, yes, who cares what it looks like

BUT 25 quid for the info, and people knocked me for my DIY site  ::) ::)

i think i will get to work and make 1 myself :), afterall the plan that hard ;)

gaza

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2005, 07:01:55 pm »
MATT: my Mum used to make me wear a gaberdian mac in the early 60s,God did I hate it and a balaclava to boot.

BUT SHE USED TO SAY DONT MATTER WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE YOUR WARM.
Dont matter what the resin is held in 100% pure water is 100% pure water follow my drift.ITSnot hard to work out how to make it is it  if you get anyleaks you can go to Wilkos and get some plumbers mate sealant,jobs a goodun,let me know how you get on with it .

GAZA

matt

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2005, 07:26:45 pm »
MATT: my Mum used to make me wear a gaberdian mac in the early 60s,God did I hate it and a balaclava to boot.

BUT SHE USED TO SAY DONT MATTER WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE YOUR WARM.
Dont matter what the resin is held in 100% pure water is 100% pure water follow my drift.ITSnot hard to work out how to make it is it  if you get anyleaks you can go to Wilkos and get some plumbers mate sealant,jobs a goodun,let me know how you get on with it .

GAZA

its my next project for the next week or so :)

kingfisher

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2005, 06:52:41 pm »
Matt & Gaza It might be £25 for the info but you will also need  £60 for the parts I know cus I made one By the way it blew apart after a week but then I`ve always been crap at diy .

I`ve seen second hand ones on ebay for less than £85.

matt

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2005, 10:44:13 pm »
Matt & Gaza It might be £25 for the info but you will also need  £60 for the parts I know cus I made one By the way it blew apart after a week but then I`ve always been crap at diy .

I`ve seen second hand ones on ebay for less than £85.

cheers kingfisher

the pipe looks like soil pipe --- loads hanging around on building sites, not that i would condon taking a dogs lead around a building site looking for your "dog" and finding pipe  ;)

dai

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2005, 07:42:09 pm »
Plenty of fire extiguishers going cheap at the car boot. In truth I have yet to see thr inside of a DI cylinder. I still have my diving cylinders but am saving them for the time being. Been thinking of a pressurised home brew barrel and using compressed air to send water up the pole. Got to talk to one of the boffins in the diving club first. Dai