This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Washers

floor paint not for van
« on: October 10, 2009, 08:28:04 am »
I am in need of some floor paint, any ideas where I can get this, it is concrete
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

cybersye

Re: floor paint not for van
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 08:39:18 am »
I am in need of some floor paint, any ideas where I can get this, it is concrete
wickes do a garage floor paint in several colours

Window Washers

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 08:40:12 am »
wickes do a garage floor paint in several colours
thanks.

D'oh I should have known with a name like wickes
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 08:42:33 am »
anyone know what 800 square foot is in meteres squared ??

can see this costing a bit as 1 tin does 20m2  :o

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 09:10:42 am »
anyone know what 800 square foot is in meteres squared ??

can see this costing a bit as 1 tin does 20m2  :o
you will be really lucky if you can get 20m2 out of 1 tin on concrete unless the floor allready as a coat of paint on , a good allternative ian is to use a masanory paint as a base coat this will stop the concrete floor being a porus surface .
where theres muck theres money

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 09:18:44 am »
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Garage-Floor-Paint/invt/600300

is what I was looking at 5 tins maybe ? and add sand for non slip  :-\

concept

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 09:25:01 am »
Its a bitch to get decent coverage with floor paint. Make sure you get it as dust free as you can, or else it will literally flake off the minute you walk on it. Normally needs 2 coats as well.

I would maybe see if you can find someone in the trade or a trade supplier, as wickes etc is not cheap.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 09:33:23 am »
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Garage-Floor-Paint/invt/600300

is what I was looking at 5 tins maybe ? and add sand for non slip  :-\
those tins are 2.5ltrs ian and the coverage on that is no where near what it says , ive done loads of floor painting in factories where they had to use grey paint for walkways , red paint for areas where things couldnt be left  and green areas for safe to leave things , and the coverage was no where near what it says on the tin .
yes sand will help to make it non slip it needs to be kiln dried sand .
where theres muck theres money

jonnyald

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 09:38:32 am »
as a first coat i once got all my old tins of gloss paint and mixed them together and used that .dont waste the floor paint  on the first coat as it will sink right in .

matt

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 09:54:11 am »
forget wicks for that size

get on ebay, a guy who works for some1 sells it by the big tin ( either 10 L or 25 L ) its what he has spare from jobs ( if you get what i mean  ;))

its even non-slip aswell, its commercial stuff

Window Washers

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 10:53:45 pm »
ened up getting a couple of tins from b&q, went to trade conters that I have accounts with and they were more expensive (annoying trade rip off)

question I need answering, if I added other paint to the floor paint for first coast what can I add ???? one post said gloss, I am not dismissing this at all but if it does not work it will be a nightmare to fix and I am very limited for time as need to get all water made from unit within a couple of weeks and will have to do this before and after work is completed.

Anyone wanting pure water I will be providing this service shortly in cambs for now max 6000L a day as I need some for the work we do  ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 11:04:34 pm »
Why cut corners with this it’s not expensive, even if you went to Wicks.  ???

This is straight forward seal the concrete & paint, wont take long, easy to do doesn’t cost much LOL  ;D

may just have to do that you know Ewan was just trying to save a trip to wicks again lol... Im not worried about the money side as I want it right, I just need to get it done asap and the sealing will make it even longer as I have moved all office furniture in there, and the wall that is going up tomorrow can't if i seal the floor as the furniture will not come back out and standing there for 8 hours holding up 4 decks filing cabnits and other stuff will be a nightmare  :(

I need to have a holiday I think

Window Washers

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2009, 11:25:32 pm »
Oh, good luck windowwashers anyway don’t worry too much it’s a only painted floor, something you can work around later if things are busy.  ;)
how long does concrete sealer take to go off so can do a first coat ??

I want it right at the start just have limited time.  need to get more work for another guy starting in 4 weeks and this could not have come at a worse time for me (but like a challenge  ;D ) will have no hair by time im 40 (sorry to all the under 40 baldy men for that comment)

Steve CM

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2009, 11:44:40 pm »
ian i used the wickes floor paint on mine, cracking paint and isn't lifting anywhere. i just pressure washed the floor out to get good contact, the paint also only needed one coat

STEVE-UK

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2009, 07:58:49 am »
i used international deck paint for my 1st van, which is non slip paint for boat decking

Its not as hard wearing a protectacote but will waterproof floor of van,i just picked it up at my local chandlers for £18.99

hears a link 

www.marinescene.co.uk/product/3265/international-interdeck-750ml-non-slip-deck-paint