This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

H h20

Merlin ro units
« on: May 26, 2005, 09:58:18 pm »
Hi all,right i`m a bit confused ???i`m about to venture into wfp and have wonderd what is the best way of producing pure water i know you either need an ro unit or just plain and simple di resin,the ro unit ive been tempted by is the merlin because of how much water it produces and how cheap they are to run,but are more expensive to buy,but with the merlin i know you dont get a di resin polisher in it,do you need to add one to the unit or do you need to produce and store the water first the run it through di resin after,if so how do you run the water from stored tank then through the di resin then into another tank ???,please help its doin my head in. >:(

Roy Harding

Re: Merlin ro units
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 10:03:24 pm »
It is recomended that you have a D/I resin colum on your van, fitted tank to pump then through D/I colum to brush.

Roy

H h20

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 10:06:38 pm »
It is recomended that you have a D/I resin colum on your van, fitted tank to pump then through D/I colum to brush.

Roy
thanks for the quick reply what size colum is best?

Roy Harding

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 10:11:12 pm »
It does depend on the size you can fit in your van, mine is 8in x 25in tall this will take about 20kgs of D/i Resin, this will last about 18 months. The resin comes in 25kgs sacks and you can get ones that take a complete sack.

Roy :)

H h20

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 10:18:58 pm »
It does depend on the size you can fit in your van, mine is 8in x 25in tall this will take about 20kgs of D/i Resin, this will last about 18 months. The resin comes in 25kgs sacks and you can get ones that take a complete sack.

Right ,so the way to do it is to produce the water with the merlin ro unit store it into a tank,then take water to work,the resin colum is joined after the pump then the water is finally polished off direct to hose and brush. :D

williamx

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 10:35:18 pm »
Whats the cost of a merlin unit and who the supplier

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 10:40:04 pm »
I run a Merlin.
Water to extra carbon filter (as recomended by GE)
from carbon filter through Merlin
from merlin through resin bed
into holding tank.

from holding tank  to van tank no resin in van no need.

Alan
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

H h20

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005, 10:42:24 pm »
Whats the cost of a merlin unit and who the supplier
The best place i found is www.gapswater.co.uk and they are very helpful,or there is www.ro-man.com.

H h20

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005, 10:44:40 pm »
I run a Merlin.
Water to extra carbon filter (as recomended by GE)
from carbon filter through Merlin
from merlin through resin bed
into holding tank.

from holding tank  to van tank no resin in van no need.

Alan

can you explain why you need to run it through a pre carbon filter.

Roy Harding

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2005, 08:10:14 am »
Hh20

you said Right ,so the way to do it is to produce the water with the merlin ro unit store it into a tank,then take water to work,the resin colum is joined after the pump then the water is finally polished off direct to hose and brush.

Thats right if the water gets contaminated the d/i resin makes sure its pure.

H h20

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2005, 12:04:25 pm »
Hh20

you said Right ,so the way to do it is to produce the water with the merlin ro unit store it into a tank,then take water to work,the resin colum is joined after the pump then the water is finally polished off direct to hose and brush.

Thats right if the water gets contaminated the d/i resin makes sure its pure.

Cheers Roy your a true gent.

sair

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2005, 06:44:08 pm »
essentially pure ltd can beat most prices on the merlin R/o system email for prices    purewatersales@tiscali. co.uk we are out office until friday dont expect reply until then . regards tony
Essentially Pure Ltd

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2005, 10:34:42 pm »
can you explain why you need to run it through a pre carbon filter

The Pre carbon filter is in fact an additional carbon filter added before the Merlin GE strongly recomend it for units that are going to produce large amounts of water (i believe it helps the life of the membrains)

Alan,

GE are quite specific in their instructions with the Merlin.  If used commercially, and not just for small amounts of domestic drinking water, an additional carbon prefilter is necessary, to prevent damage to the membranes from chlorine in the tap water.
the comment from andrews_water in reply to an earlier posting

Alan
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

zymotik

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2005, 08:18:32 pm »
The extra carbon filter is so that the chlorine doesn't damage the RO. I higher throughput damages the membranes...

Check this with the Merlin RO unit, I just added it!

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=8267.0

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2005, 10:15:20 pm »
Hi,

The UK distributors for the Merlin slashed their prices yesterday.  Check out our latest price on our site at http://www.andwat.co.uk/acatalog/Reverse_osmosis_units.html, and remember, our version of the Merlin (the Wizard) has been tweaked to reduce by two thirds the large volume of waste water produced by this machine.

Email us on andwat@talk21.com to discuss the Merlin, and any other items (additional carbon prefilters and demin columns) which you may need to use the Merlin.  ALL our prices are highly competitive, and our advice will cost you nothing.

Yours, Andrew

zymotik

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2005, 12:56:00 pm »

Andrew, fair play for lowering your price on your site following my nagging!

Everyone else: Andrews RO is a BARGIN!! :o Loads cheaper than anyone else and I've searched all the water purification websites!

H h20

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2005, 04:59:45 pm »
Hi,

The UK distributors for the Merlin slashed their prices yesterday.  Check out our latest price on our site at http://www.andwat.co.uk/acatalog/Reverse_osmosis_units.html, and remember, our version of the Merlin (the Wizard) has been tweaked to reduce by two thirds the large volume of waste water produced by this machine.

Email us on andwat@talk21.com to discuss the Merlin, and any other items (additional carbon prefilters and demin columns) which you may need to use the Merlin.  ALL our prices are highly competitive, and our advice will cost you nothing.

Yours, Andrew
Gapswater can do the merlin for £359 inc vat on ebay.