This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: VAT Threshold
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2009, 11:49:19 pm »
Yes long way off, enough time for us to work on our rigid vak tube sections.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2009, 11:52:29 pm »
Craig how much would it cost me to hire a Vac off you for a morning/day?
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2009, 11:56:46 pm »
i'll ring you with a price tomorrow morning, once im in the Shop, as i cant remember, Dean has dealt with the Hire side of things.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2009, 11:58:03 pm »
Craig how much would it cost me to hire a Vac off you for a morning/day?

Craig can you email the answer please mate.
We are having Tristen re-sign the van Tuesday/Wednesday

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2009, 11:59:08 pm »
i'll ring you with a price tomorrow morning, once im in the Shop, as i cant remember, Dean has dealt with the Hire side of things.

deantaberner?

« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2009, 12:02:41 am »
No Problem.

He does a good job, done all our vans.

he should pay me a commision as ive got him loads of work!!!!, a few of our trade counter customers are using him

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2009, 12:03:47 am »
Who? No Dean who works for me.

amayze

« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2009, 07:02:42 am »
MB,

If you believe that you are going to break through the thresshold, then it is much easier to obtain your VAT reg now.

luther1

« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2009, 08:08:26 am »
You can register yourself for VAT regardless of whether you cross the threshold or not.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2009, 08:14:44 am »
bear vat in mind if yuor thinking of doing that much work then an price your jobs accordingly, it might be 20% next year, plus your employee costs plus tax

you would be lucky to take anything yourself !!

« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2009, 08:19:55 am »
I know the VAT threshold is £68K.
When do you need to inform the inland revenue?
Is it once you have gained £68K or your forecast will reach £68K for the year?
Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Matt

I understand that if the  £68k is achieved in ANY 12 consecutive mnonths then registration becomes compulsory.  The 12 months don't have to be in the same accounting year.  Also, if you exceed a quarter of the annual threshold level in a three month period there can be issues - unless you can show that it was a major blip.  Not sure about needing to inform in those circumstances.
Knowing what I now know, I would have gone VAT registered at the very beginning in '91.  The trouble was that computerisation wasn't really around so much then - at least not at an affordable price.  I've never come close to the VAT threshold but it would be nice to have it in place in case I ever decide to head that way.

ronnie paton

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2009, 09:18:50 am »
You have to register b4 you hit has they will be expecting vat and if you haven't added it you will have to pay for it, I'm sure they would rather you do it on forecast or well b4 but I would say leave it till as late as poss.

65-66k mayb

« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2009, 01:04:17 pm »
Matt, i have E mailed you Re the PolarVak hire costings you enquired about.

Archer

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2009, 03:25:40 pm »

Just for the record:

Whats wrong with £5.00 ?? ???

I know quite afew window cleaners charging £4 - £5 amounts for terraced houses, who earn serious money, and i mean big amounts !

I think in this day and age, people forget about the small paying houses.

A good traditional window cleaner can easily clean 50 terraced houses a day, on a compact round.

I'm out there no-matter if its raining hard, you kind of get used to it. I've been running my own business 19 years & cannot remember losing a customer just because its raining.

So 50 terraced houses a day @ £4.00 over a 5 day period = £1,000.00 per week.

So imagine, some window cleaners have 10 lads working for them - £10,000.00 per week

Now we are getting into big money just cleaning terraced houses, no wonder you cannot buy a good compact window round at the moment in the north west.

;)

MSTAV

« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2009, 04:16:23 pm »
50 a day trad????dream on unless you meant that as a joke..you been smokeing the funny stuff mate??. 50 customers a day works out 1000 customers a month to do for 1 round,1 man.  you are 1 crazey man. it cant be done. 30 at a push if verey compact but even then would be knackaring

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2009, 07:42:38 pm »
50 a day trad????dream on unless you meant that as a joke..you been smokeing the funny stuff mate??. 50 customers a day works out 1000 customers a week to do for 1 round,1 man.  you are 1 crazey man. it cant be done. 30 at a push if verey compact but even then would be knackaring
??? ??? ???

50 custies per day X 5 day working week is 250 X 4 week month = 1000 custies

I would be happy doing half that by the way  ;)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2009, 07:55:52 pm »
Theory & dreams are wonderful things ;D

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2009, 11:53:29 pm »

I think 20 customers per day at £10 per customer is very achievable.

Matt

peter holley

« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2009, 07:47:46 am »

I think 20 customers per day at £10 per customer is very achievable.

Matt

these doubters on here are makn me laugh ;D

mb , just keep plugging away with a positive attitude, and youl reach your goal!
20 custies, at £10 is being achieved and more by lots of wc....

the reason the doubters will never achieve is because of their negative attitude ;D

Sean Dyer

« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2009, 07:50:49 am »

Just for the record:

Whats wrong with £5.00 ?? ???

I know quite afew window cleaners charging £4 - £5 amounts for terraced houses, who earn serious money, and i mean big amounts !

I think in this day and age, people forget about the small paying houses.

A good traditional window cleaner can easily clean 50 terraced houses a day, on a compact round.

I'm out there no-matter if its raining hard, you kind of get used to it. I've been running my own business 19 years & cannot remember losing a customer just because its raining.

So 50 terraced houses a day @ £4.00 over a 5 day period = £1,000.00 per week.

So imagine, some window cleaners have 10 lads working for them - £10,000.00 per week

Now we are getting into big money just cleaning terraced houses, no wonder you cannot buy a good compact window round at the moment in the north west.

;)

Theres one on window cleaning resources for 30,000 :)

3k   a month tunover i think

and yeah i have a day a week on 4-5 -6£ houses and easy do 2ton on them without breaking sweat :) thats trad
theyre going up in jan to £5 then i will be laughing, some of the newer ones and monthlies are £6 its good work sometimes upto £50 an hour where its really really compact and priced a little higher for monthly

20 a day at a £10 is the minimum/or at least target- i would expect any wc to be achieving with 3 beds semis in most areas :)