This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sean Dyer

wcp vs george
« on: October 02, 2009, 11:23:56 am »
I know this has been done before, and i have stuck by george - however my palm popped its cloggs recently and im back to paper and pen whihc was ok but im stuck now and want to go back to handheld

only i dont want to get another palm that will break on me, so thought about getting a windows mobile 5.0 device and using wcp but ive paid for george already so why should i go for wcp over george??

i must say i do find george hard work at times for certain things like when a house is £10 one clean and £15 the next etc because they have conny done every other time etc

Anyone ?

Sean Dyer

Re: wcp vs george
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 12:42:02 pm »
too late already gone to dark side :)

can pay monthly 16.50 inc vat for 12 months

Not bad...

hopefully be a bit easier to use

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 12:50:23 pm »
did you not try it first, they give you 45 days?
wcp seem a good bunch, i tried it a while back, but wasn't able to put it through it's paces, got in touch and was given another trial. I like that you can put a time for the job, so you can see how ling the day will be.
still not sure, as george does what I need. any jobs that have two prices i just put in a note that shows on the print out

Sean Dyer

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 12:53:54 pm »
did you not try it first, they give you 45 days?
wcp seem a good bunch, i tried it a while back, but wasn't able to put it through it's paces, got in touch and was given another trial. I like that you can put a time for the job, so you can see how ling the day will be.
still not sure, as george does what I need. any jobs that have two prices i just put in a note that shows on the print out

I used a trial last year, i while i was buying it i didnt realise but ian sent me an email saying that i could trial it again but ive paid now :)

I want to use a windows mobile 5 device for other reasons too so im happy with the decision

I am canvassing lots of work at the minute and find george time consuming and difficult to work out
i wanted something a little bit different in its set up and this seems to be it :)

time will tell

i have best of both worlds now anyway as i have both

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 02:40:48 pm »
I am in the middle of trialling WCP as well. Just setting it up for my Commercial rounds. I had narrowed it down to WCP or ServiceCEO, but at £1500 for the latter I thought it would be worth trying out the cheaper version first.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 10:03:39 pm »
I have had wcp for a few hours and love it

I cant wait to have the time to finish off inputting my work tommorow

George does do most of the same but its the interface thats so well thought out! It is so easy to look at and find what you want, i find everything an effort on george , but wcp is simple, but brilliant with it

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 10:10:26 pm »
I'm the opposite. i have both but can't figure out how to use pro?

Sean Dyer

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 10:12:44 pm »
I suppose if you have used it for long enough to get happy with it, i never got on with it but with wcp it just clicked i changed because i knew i was nt happy but i would say if your happy with george and dont feel anything is missing then you will probably get on , but also i like wcp for the advantage of it being able to grow with my business

Ste M

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 10:14:09 pm »
sorry lads, what the hell are you all on about  ??? ;D

Sean Dyer

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 10:20:53 pm »
window cleaning software

try google :)

mark dew

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 11:48:11 pm »
sean what windows mobile 5 device are you using to run wcp?

concept

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 07:55:35 am »
i am on the trial of wcp at the moment, love it!

few tweaks needed i think, but great bit of kit, and even though i am on free trial, the support has been fantastic.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2009, 08:58:28 am »
sean what windows mobile 5 device are you using to run wcp?

Thats my next question

havent got one yet

From trawling ebay it seems you can get some cheap dell ones 50- 80 quid

Or more expensive hp ipaq ones

depends what else you wanna run i suppose?

What spec does wcp lite need?

ianhannaford

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 12:24:30 pm »
Hi All,

Thanks for your support and kind words for WCP. We listen to what our customer are telling us and are adding new features into the software all the time but we understand that training is quite a big issue. Its obvious from when we speak to customers that there are a lot more features that they could use if they knew they were there! This is something that we are going to tackle very soon with online videos and interactive wizards.

We are exhibiting at both the FWC show next week and at Windex and will be able to give live demo's to anyone is interested?

As for Mobile devices, the min spec require is using Windows Mobile 5.0 or higher and we recommend either HTC Touch smart phones or IPAQ Classic 114.

Let me know if you want me to look at any devices for you

Thanks

Ian

Sean Dyer

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 12:39:32 pm »
can i suggest more reports ian??

I could do with one that lets me know how much my round is worth on a certain clean ie when the round is without monthlies etc that make sense?

Also be able to click on a road and see how much work is on that road?

BradMonks

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 12:59:21 pm »
I'm the opposite. i have both but can't figure out how to use pro?

Hi Slumpbuster, if you want any help getting to grips with WCP then drop me a line (brad@windowcleanerpro.com) and i'll give you a hand. It can be a bit daunting at first with new software but it'll be worth it, we will be releasing an 'Get Started with WCP' type PDF in the very near future to help out.

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 12:20:58 am »
Any chance it will go Iphone app?

Rogue Trader

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 07:00:03 pm »
my question is ....... if i decide to get WCP is there a way to copy all my george jobs to it or do i have to sit there and input hundreds of customers :'( :'(

BradMonks

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2009, 07:03:33 pm »
my question is ....... if i decide to get WCP is there a way to copy all my george jobs to it or do i have to sit there and input hundreds of customers :'( :'(

Hi Matt3

Yup, there is a REALLY easy way to copy all you Geroge data across....send it to me!! I will get it back to you normally within a couple of hours. If you get it to me tonight/tomorrow morning i will get it back to you by close of play tomorrow. Send it to Brad@windowcleanerpro.com

BR's
Brad