This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

herbiefatboy

customer moan about WFP
« on: May 24, 2005, 07:40:14 pm »
hi all just done a big old house with leaded window with my wfp the owner has just phone up to say that some of the windows are lovely but some have runs on them could some one help me and tell me where i have gone wrong many thanks

Roy Harding

Re: customer moan about WFP
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 08:04:59 pm »
If its a first clean with wfp pole wash & brush & rince, then repeat. Do another couple of windows and return to first and brush and rince really well.

Roy

thewindowcleaner1

Re: customer moan about WFP
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 09:23:27 pm »
The trouble with leaded windows, if its the traditional style leaded glass then dirt builds up in the channels over the years and takes a lot of brushing and rinsing out, also can (does leak )inside, Iexplain this to the customer and so far they except that problems can happen,
With modern leaded windows (the lead is stuck onto the glass) againd dirt and soap residue can build up along the edges if they have not been boned down correctly, also there are diffrent quality leads and some can start to oxidise a little when first treated with Pure water, again the problem tends to go away after first clean.

I find it a nice little earner replacing damaged lead to modern windows as normal installers can't be botherd to come and replace a few inches of lead,

Alan
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz