This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

slendersunfish

Transporting wfp on roof
« on: May 24, 2005, 06:16:03 pm »
Ive got a partner van and need to carry my poles (just over 2.5 m) on the roof.
Ive had a look at the proper locked aluminium plumbers style tubes but being a cheap scate i was wondering if anyones come across a cheaper option

thewindowcleaner1

Re: Transporting wfp on roof
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 06:47:09 pm »
I've got a scudo and carry poles inside a fitting on parcel shelve and hook fitting at back put poles in corner to corner. quick and easy
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

matt

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 06:53:34 pm »
go to a builders suppliers and get a length of SOIL PIPE and 2 brackets and 2 ends (you will be able to get a screwable end and a fixed end)

fix the brackets to the roof rack bars, and they put a screw through the bracket into the pipe, some POLYPIPE glue will also help to fix brackets and pipe together and the the fixed end

plumbers do it all the time

Ian_Giles

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 07:53:48 pm »
As ever, a practical solution from Matt.

Or do as I did and strap em on with a couple of bungee's.
I use a hatchback, mostly given up on the roof rack, hardly ever need it to be honest, so I just plonk them down into the passenger footwell.
Works fine for me.
I never had a problem with putting them on the roof rack and tying them on with bungee's though. Helps to be in an area where crime is relatively low I suppose.

Regards

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

slendersunfish

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 08:31:09 pm »
Thanks guys excellent posts!!!

s.hughes

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 08:10:29 am »
I would be worried about them going missing if they were only tied to the roof.

Steveyboy

Duke

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 05:13:54 pm »
Yes Matt...I do the same....soil pipe...fixed front end of tube, screw on back end secured by chain (lost 2 caps in the past...not anymore). At night, more often than not, remove pole and stash in the unit...replace next day when loading with water...held to roof bars with clamps from Halfords. About £80 for the whole set up, (soil pipe, ends and 2 clamps)