This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Glen

Window / frame protection
« on: May 23, 2005, 11:06:30 pm »
Has anyone branched into the above? Window protection when a house is being constructed ( a film is applied to the windows to be peeled off on completion) and frame protection (paint on a uPVC rotector to keep frames looking good.

If so, how do you get around the WAHD as this could not be done from the ground unless you did the windows before they were fitted.

Re: Window / frame protection
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 12:04:00 pm »
I think you'd have to work off scaffold on that one and be available to fit into their timetable - Is that a permanent protective liquid for the frames. I used to build and fit them but just put the tape on the frames. Didn't matter about the glass cos they went in last and were offered internally. If you did do glass prior to fitting, the K glass only goes one way so you have to suss the outside from the inside pane -  unless thats all changed in the past 2 years :)

Jake

Re: Window / frame protection
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 07:30:02 pm »
Glen

I think you'll find that most windows are fitted after the building is finished, also a lot arrive on site already protected. Why not try and drum up some work from a construction company, window cleaning or builders cleans? Good luck.

Jake
Exeter, Devon