Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

traps7

Re: SLX Review
« Reply #180 on: October 21, 2009, 05:56:36 pm »
So did either pole 2 pole or Pure Hydro send their poles back for Alex to give the once over and what was the outcome?

I cleaned the inside of my clamps out with a kitchen knife like Alex suggested to me on the phone. I'm just waiting for a real wet day to test if it still grinds when I pick up grit.

Only reason I'm relunctant to get mine checked over is I dont want to go back to fibre glass. Even if only for a few days. I've been spoilt.

ftp

« Reply #181 on: October 21, 2009, 06:02:08 pm »
Perhaps FTP and myself could be used in the testing phase of any new products you have coming out... ;D ;D ;D you'll be sure they will have had a good workout.

I have been thinking about something along those lines.

Well, I've already reversed into a lampost this week so I'd rather give the crash testing a miss if you don't mind. Pole destruction is really my speciality.  ;)

elite mike

« Reply #182 on: October 21, 2009, 06:07:53 pm »
Perhaps FTP and myself could be used in the testing phase of any new products you have coming out... ;D ;D ;D you'll be sure they will have had a good workout.

Well, I've already reversed into a lampost this week so I'd rather give the crash testing a miss if you don't mind. Pole destruction is really my speciality.  ;)

you forgot  total destruction  ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #183 on: October 21, 2009, 06:46:13 pm »

We have been letting MIRA take care of the crash-testing side of the business. Perhaps you could set up a consultancy and test facility specifically for testing tools and hand implements to destruction. All of these big manufacturing firms would pay vast sums of money for you to 'do your stuff'.

Window Washers

« Reply #184 on: October 21, 2009, 06:51:24 pm »

I would be willing to test products  ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

williamx

« Reply #185 on: October 21, 2009, 07:05:52 pm »
So did either pole 2 pole or Pure Hydro send their poles back for Alex to give the once over and what was the outcome?

I cleaned the inside of my clamps out with a kitchen knife like Alex suggested to me on the phone. I'm just waiting for a real wet day to test if it still grinds when I pick up grit.

Only reason I'm relunctant to get mine checked over is I dont want to go back to fibre glass. Even if only for a few days. I've been spoilt.

Alex has arrange for Fed Ex to pick up the pole tomorrow (Thursday) while I go to the Sunny side of America for some much needed R & R.

As it would happen, one of the collars broke its glue seal again and is now spinning around like, also the lever will not tighten up on the same section as well.

For the last 2 weeks I have been using the pole with the hose on the outside to slow down the jamming, which has worked, but some sections are now just started to jam.

I reckon that alex should use it first (with the hose on the inside) before they do any repairs.

Window Washers

« Reply #186 on: October 21, 2009, 07:28:12 pm »
My pole will be going back, for new upgraded clamps, Alex emailed to ask me this, have to say that is good customer service.

Would like to know about jamming issue maybe clamps will change this.

Enjoy usa William  ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #187 on: October 21, 2009, 07:45:46 pm »
Yeh i sent mine back for alex to test. Our opinions differed a little bit, but without malice. Mr G didn't seem to find any immediate problems with it. But in fairness to the man, he replaced one section on the pole, having seen it had some serious scorch marks on it due to grit etc. I even asked him while he had it to add another section to make it a 22?? footer. No probs this week at all with it to be honest, but i have been doin everything in my power to make sure the hose don't touch the ground and keepin a towel in the pouch to clean hose at every given opportunity. Not an ideal way of working but less hastle than cleaning the pole out when on the job. I'm just waiting for an end cap for 18 ft of the pole........I'll use the other section as and when required. Shouldn't take more than a few seconds to add it on.

neil100

« Reply #188 on: October 21, 2009, 10:54:56 pm »
I bought an 18' and 35' slx about 3 weeks ago.My 18' was sent back to be adjusted as it was so difficult to extend and shorten in use. The pole worked slightly better on its return but in my opinion it still was not right.On Monday 2 sections of the pole locked tight in use and they would not budge. Thats a first after 4 years wfp.                                                                                                                                            Examining all the pole sections Monday evening I was alarmed at the rate of wear on certain parts of the carbon poles,bearing in mind I have used it only for about 25 hours. I am getting black hands because certain parts of the carbon have lost all their weave due to the accelearated wear. If the problem that I found had been rectified at source the wear on the pole would not be anything like it is.I will post the photos when I have time. I have fixed the problem and now the poles slide and glide as they should of done from new.  I am happy to return the 18'pole to you Alex for you to inspect to see if the rate of wear is normall. I will fix the problem on some of the sections of my 35' slx as I have only used it for about 4 hours,  it does not have any wear issues.If you can give me a ring Alex on 07780677316 anytime I will tell you the problem and my soloution. Sorry in advance for posting this before contacting you as I know your a decent bloke. But the slx is now performing as it should of done fromthe outset.Regards Neil

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #189 on: October 22, 2009, 07:47:49 am »
Are ya using the Royal Snail Alex?

Yes, via franking machine.  Hopefully the proposed strike won't delay it too much.
They're striking  :( today and i "think" tomorrow. 1% chance of them(amongst other things i've ordered) arriving saturday. I'll be at work if and when they come on monday. So it's lookin like tuesday earliest. And it's ALL Alex's fault  ;D

traps7

« Reply #190 on: October 22, 2009, 12:10:24 pm »
Got my new clamps today. Gonna put them on now.

They look exactly the same.

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #191 on: October 22, 2009, 12:13:19 pm »
What????????????? I got mine this morning too.........ty ty ty postie(and alex,lol) Different league.............you can tell just by lookin at them that they oughta last a very very very long time. Congrats Al.............Ya got there  ;)

traps7

« Reply #192 on: October 22, 2009, 12:23:55 pm »
Yep I've just put them on. The bolt goes through the barrel nut more and is stiffer.

Haven't had chance to test properly yet as it's raining.

I take it they still need minimum effort? Just enough to stop pole twisting?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #193 on: October 22, 2009, 12:58:03 pm »
Yep I've just put them on. The bolt goes through the barrel nut more and is stiffer.

Haven't had chance to test properly yet as it's raining.

I take it they still need minimum effort? Just enough to stop pole twisting?

Yes just tight enough to hold the section from spinning. If you put the old and the new next to each other you can see the difference fairly easily.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #194 on: October 22, 2009, 01:14:16 pm »
I'll do some testing for you Alex! ;)
It's a game of three halves!

pingu

« Reply #195 on: October 22, 2009, 02:54:34 pm »
Could you post a pic of the old and new side by side..so those who are waiting for theirs can have a gander?

Cheers
Dave.

Pittmonkey

« Reply #196 on: October 22, 2009, 02:59:20 pm »
Just got back home and the New Clamps are here Alex.

Seen a few Posties out today in Bolton, not sure what this strike is all about or who is actually on strike. Just hope my custy's dont take advantage and say they have sent Cq's when they haven't.

Just finishing my brew and I'll be out to road test the clamps. Haven't done our windows for months ;D

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #197 on: October 22, 2009, 03:03:07 pm »
Just got back home and the New Clamps are here Alex.

Seen a few Posties out today in Bolton, not sure what this strike is all about or who is actually on strike. Just hope my custy's dont take advantage and say they have sent Cq's when they haven't.

Just finishing my brew and I'll be out to road test the clamps. Haven't done our windows for months ;D

Wayne
Pikey  ;D

traps7

« Reply #198 on: October 22, 2009, 03:07:43 pm »
They look pretty much the same.

Old one is nearest

Pittmonkey

« Reply #199 on: October 22, 2009, 03:10:48 pm »
Pikey ;D

:o

It all being done in the name of research. Just wondering how long windows stay clean using WFP :P
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'