Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: SLX Review
« Reply #140 on: October 08, 2009, 05:37:10 pm »
An exception to this is if I've been working on a beach, then I will hose the pole sections down inside before I put it away. 

Oh! how the other half live  ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #141 on: October 08, 2009, 05:57:25 pm »
An exception to this is if I've been working on a beach, then I will hose the pole sections down inside before I put it away. 

Oh! how the other half live  ;D

:)

It is a right pain. What I try to do whilst working over the sand is to hold all of the coiled pole hose in one hand so that it never touches the sand. Still seems to pick it up sometimes though.

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #142 on: October 08, 2009, 06:56:53 pm »
Life's a beach Alex  ;D Did ye get my mail ok???

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #143 on: October 08, 2009, 09:48:53 pm »
Life's a beach Alex  ;D Did ye get my mail ok???

Sure did, I was sitting on the beach at the time....

ian1972

« Reply #144 on: October 08, 2009, 09:57:36 pm »
have the new clamps come for the sl-x yet?just curious broke 1 again today

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #145 on: October 08, 2009, 10:00:01 pm »
have the new clamps come for the sl-x yet?just curious broke 1 again today

If you mean the lever, then they should be with us by Monday and they will go out automatically.  Give me an email on alex@agardiner.co.uk and I'll get the girls to send out a handful of spares in the meantime.

ian1972

« Reply #146 on: October 08, 2009, 10:03:12 pm »
i was just asking thats all the girls sent some out the other week think i got 2 left so should b ok for another week but thanks,still impressed with the overall pole though,might change to a metal goose neck though gone through a couple of the plastic 1s since i bought it a month ago lol

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #147 on: October 08, 2009, 10:07:57 pm »
i was just asking thats all the girls sent some out the other week think i got 2 left so should b ok for another week but thanks,still impressed with the overall pole though,might change to a metal goose neck though gone through a couple of the plastic 1s since i bought it a month ago lol

That doesn't sound right either.  Drop me an email and I'll get another plastic gooseneck sent to you.

« Reply #148 on: October 08, 2009, 10:10:51 pm »
Alex, my pole snapped in half; well, when I say snapped, I mean in fact all the sections just disintegrated on me today; well, when I say disintegrated I mean crumpled into a heap of dust on the pavement.

Wotcha reckon?

8)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #149 on: October 08, 2009, 10:12:18 pm »
Alex, my pole snapped in half; well, when I say snapped, I mean in fact all the sections just disintegrated on me today; well, when I say disintegrated I mean crumpled into a heap of dust on the pavement.

Wotcha reckon?

8)

You're on something  :D

« Reply #150 on: October 08, 2009, 10:15:51 pm »
 :D

ian1972

« Reply #151 on: October 08, 2009, 10:18:24 pm »
thanks i will tommorow

pingu

« Reply #152 on: October 15, 2009, 03:26:25 pm »
SL-X mk3 clamp levers....3 broken this week..could these be considered the worst improvement to the SL-X so far?

Dave.

Window Washers

« Reply #153 on: October 15, 2009, 04:45:30 pm »

That doesn't sound right either.  Drop me an email and I'll get another plastic gooseneck sent to you.
have to say my plastic one also broke within 4 days of using it :'(
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

traps7

« Reply #154 on: October 15, 2009, 05:46:53 pm »
Amazing how people are different because I've had the other problems but I have not snapped one lever.

Window Washers

« Reply #155 on: October 15, 2009, 05:56:08 pm »
Amazing how people are different because I've had the other problems but I have not snapped one lever.
none of my levers have snapped, just a few things i'm waiting to have a chat with Alex about I think the pole weight is good
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #156 on: October 15, 2009, 06:09:59 pm »
SL-X mk3 clamp levers....3 broken this week..could these be considered the worst improvement to the SL-X so far?

Dave.

Update on the new Lever arms/bolts/barrel nuts/bolt cups - I have been getting
increasingly frustrated the last two weeks with the slow progress at the
plastic injection firm, nobody's fault just little hitches. We should have
had these new items with us about 2 weeks ago. I have had an email from them
confirming that tomorrow they will be doing the full production run (7000
units) so we should have some of these by Monday. Allowing for in house
sorting and packing we should start getting these items out in the post on
Tuesday, this will take us some time as we have literally hundreds of
SL-X clients to send these to. Fortunately most of our clients have not had any
breakages at all, so we will try and target the 'offenders' to start with.

pingu

« Reply #157 on: October 15, 2009, 06:13:17 pm »
You know what with the wear rate on my SL-X mk1 and the MK3 breaking levers and again wear issues....I again feel that I am doing somthing wrong with the pole as 'most' do not seem to suffer with the poles?

I wish I knew what is it that I am doing wrong then I could stop my pole having these issues or indeed modify my working habits to prevent these really annoying defects stopping me working whilst I have to continually repair/clean out the pole.

Am I writing this whilst still 'hot', yes I am ...

I work fast day in day out I work to make money...I do not have time to treat a pole with kidd gloves and gently brush windows with the mearest touches...and then conduct a time and motion study to ascertain the route to the next window that would involved the least amount of time and objects that might brush up against my pole..

For the love of God...do these poles and componants get any testing? each lever has broken in the exact same spot.

Dave.

« Reply #158 on: October 15, 2009, 06:22:24 pm »
I'm still using the "allen key" clamps at the moment.  I've been wanting to have updated clamps on both my SLXs for a while but just waiting until the gremlins are sorted out.
I've got very used to having such a lovely light pole.  It really has spoilt me.  I will only return them one at a time as I don't want to be without it.  Won't be sleeping with it though   :)

pingu

« Reply #159 on: October 15, 2009, 06:30:20 pm »
I suppose I should approach this all like using Microsoft o\s...never use the lastest as it'll be full of bugs and issues that will get patches and fixes over a period of say 5 years then it'll be fit for purpose.

Cutting edge or bleeding edge...trouble is that despite these issues there is nothing I can think of that comes close to the SL-X when it's playing.

Cheers
Dave.