Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

traps7

Re: SLX Review
« Reply #120 on: October 07, 2009, 09:55:40 pm »
So the clamp issue as we know is being sorted any day - great.

The black hands can be sorted by buying some gloves - thats fine.

The collars without enough glue have been easily rectified - so that's fine too

And I haven't got a problem with price or Customer service which have been first class.

I haven't got a problem with the wear issue when you take into account the relative cheap price for a carbon pole and that replacement sections can be purchased.

So Alex I think the only real unaddressed issue is the grit sticking to the hose and jamming or grinding the pole.
Am I using mine wrong or something?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #121 on: October 07, 2009, 09:57:28 pm »
So the clamp issue as we know is being sorted any day - great.

The black hands can be sorted by buying some gloves - thats fine.

The collars without enough glue have been easily rectified - so that's fine too

And I haven't got a problem with price or Customer service which have been first class.

I haven't got a problem with the wear issue when you take into account the relative cheap price for a carbon pole and that replacement sections can be purchased.

So Alex I think the only real unaddressed issue is the grit sticking to the hose and jamming or grinding the pole.
Am I using mine wrong or something?

Email me your telephone number to alex@agardiner.co.uk and I can ring you and see how we can get this problem sorted.

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #122 on: October 07, 2009, 10:02:28 pm »
Alex. Just out of interest. Would skimming the pole sections be a potential modification? For those that are having issues,I mean.

traps7

« Reply #123 on: October 07, 2009, 10:05:02 pm »

Email me your telephone number to alex@agardiner.co.uk and I can ring you and see how we can get this problem sorted.

Email sent. Thanks Alex. Speak to you tomorrow.

« Reply #124 on: October 07, 2009, 10:10:58 pm »
i agree

aftercare and customer service makes up for it and i am sure given a bit of time alex will solve the faults.

im having the same problems as the rest of you Ive got the  slx and super max and wouldn't change them
once these problems are sorted its got to be the best available

but i do not understand why people keep knocking gardiners and alex when they are doing their best
 to put things right for all of us

I didn't think people were knocking him or the company.  I just read it all as constructive criticism of how a very good pole could possibly be made even better.

williamx

« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2009, 10:15:47 pm »
Tonight I cleaned the pole again, the method I used was to clean it in the bath, I put loads of hot soapy water down the inside of the poles and rubbed the outside down also with hot soapy water.

Anyway I just checked the bath tub and the botton is covered in black particles which has come off the pole.

I think that this cleaning method is ok but I feel that the best way to clean them is the same way you clean rifle barrels.

I will try this method at the weekend and kept you posted.

« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2009, 10:19:06 pm »
Its no good cleaning it in the bath if you didnt use a conditioner. Carbon fibre has very sensitive 'skin'

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2009, 10:23:57 pm »
I certainly didn't intend to knock Alex or Gardiners. I should have taken a deep breath after work today, but i came on here pretty much after gettin in the door, fresh from bein wet and thoroughly stressed out. As Alex said, it wasn't a slagging off as such, just venting my frustration on something that if i'm honest, frustrated the pants off o me over the last week, month, whatever. Something that was mentioned earlier and it was something i hadn't ever really thought about, was that although Alex uses CIU as a platform for his products(intentionally or under duress  :-* ) it does leave him or should i say, his products up for criticism on here which is obviously being scrutinised by God knows how many people. Which i think is fair game. Back to the point i nearly got to make was...........yeh at least he's man enough to address/rectify issues to the best of his ability, whereas alot of companies couldn't give a monkeys once money has been parted with. So in that respect, i still take my hat off to the guy. Oh and the gals in the office have cute voices  ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2009, 10:32:39 pm »
Alex. Just out of interest. Would skimming the pole sections be a potential modification? For those that are having issues,I mean.

Taking the top surface off of the pole perhaps with sandpaper would certainly increase the tolerance gap and would no doubt get rid of the problem.  What you would be sanding off is the ridged top layer of epoxy resin that is over the top of the actual carbon fibre.  The downside of this would be that you would be taking months off the life of the pole.  A better solution would be to contact me and let me sort the problem out  :D.  Most people are not having this problem (thank goodness) so I am interested in the few that are because there will be a reason.

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2009, 10:42:58 pm »
OK OK  ;D I'll call ya tomorrow  ;) In the meantime, nighty night all.  ;)

traps7

« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2009, 10:46:18 pm »
Oh and the gals in the office have cute voices  ;D

I thought that the other week!

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2009, 11:04:14 pm »
I'm glad it aint just me  ;D Right i'm going....... For real this time  :P

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2009, 11:11:25 pm »
Jouk on the academy has a new idea for automatic pole hose cleaning,... I don't know how it works, but in principle it should solve a lot of SLX problems,....

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #133 on: October 07, 2009, 11:36:13 pm »
Jouk on the academy has a new idea for automatic pole hose cleaning,... I don't know how it works, but in principle it should solve a lot of SLX problems,....

Yea he hinted it on here as well. But no details.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2009, 08:09:46 am »
Well I replaced the clamps on my mk 2 about a month ago and have no problems - they are excellent. (Nylon little ones)

From lever breakage probs I read about here I line them up so that the levers are on the "skyward" side of the pole when going over conservatory roofs at a low angle to avoid the possibility of catching a lever on a gutter edge or roof bar.

I always carry an old towel in my unger pouch and the end of the hose connects to a tap on my hip belt. When I put the pole away I run the hose through it and so it is clean when I extend it for the next job. I occasionally wipe the hose with the towel if I have a run of work without putting the pole away and get few grit problems.

If I see the hose drop in grit or cut grass or mud I wipe it before it goes up the pole.

No probs here!

------

But ... I am an owner operator - if I had employees I would not expect them to take the same care so would train them thoroughly.
It's a game of three halves!

master cleaner

« Reply #135 on: October 08, 2009, 04:13:59 pm »
1pm yesterday ordered my slx 4pm today it arrived thanx Alex i will let you know how i get on
. by the way i dont let my pole hose drag on the floor because i use a backpack and if i use a reel then the microbore drags on the floor but i still dont let the pole hose go on the floor i have one of alex taps in my hand to turn the water on and off . i have used this method for 4 years so it is second nature to me and i dont think i will have any problems with the pole sticking if i do i will let you know Alex .
thanx for the quick service
Gary

stevieg

« Reply #136 on: October 08, 2009, 04:48:27 pm »
I love the idea of this pole, but how on earth do you lot have the patience to keep cleaning the hose and even"bathing"it.  Surely the whole point is to be able to do more work?but if your constantly fretting  i wonder if it is really worth it..I am ,however, open to convincing!!!!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #137 on: October 08, 2009, 04:54:29 pm »
I love the idea of this pole, but how on earth do you lot have the patience to keep cleaning the hose and even"bathing"it.  Surely the whole point is to be able to do more work?but if your constantly fretting  i wonder if it is really worth it..I am ,however, open to convincing!!!!

I'm not trying to sell you the product but from experience as a SL-X user (I have three SL-Xs and 1 Super-Max in my van and all get constant use), the only maintenance I ever do is to wipe the pole hose as I coil it away back into the van.  An exception to this is if I've been working on a beach, then I will hose the pole sections down inside before I put it away. 

Mike #1

« Reply #138 on: October 08, 2009, 04:59:11 pm »
i wear gloves so no probs with pole hose can't understand why people are getting so worked up about pole hose simply measures will keep it clean

williamx

« Reply #139 on: October 08, 2009, 05:19:36 pm »
i wear gloves so no probs with pole hose can't understand why people are getting so worked up about pole hose simply measures will keep it clean

You would get a bit stressed out if you have extended the pole out to 35' and you cannot retract it, I only drive a Maxus swb, so the pole won't fit in the back when fully extended, it also makes cleaning the bottom windows a tad bit harder.