This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

prestigeclean

vivaro owners help please
« on: September 27, 2009, 11:38:03 am »
the clutch on my vivaro has had the master cylinder changed 3 times in the last 2 months . i,ve just gone out to it and again the clutch pedal is on the floor , i,ve pumped it up again and it might do  a few days which is whats happened in the past but clearly the fault lies elsewhere , i,ve looked on the honest john forum and it seems it may be the slave cylinder , to cut a long story short will a new slave cylinder correct the problem or am i better to get a complete new clutch fitted , and how much will 1 cost me fitted including vat , its costing me loads in lost days , your help would be appreciated regards alan

Mike_G

Re: vivaro owners help please
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 12:11:31 pm »
What year is the van?

prestigeclean

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 12:29:02 pm »
van is an 03 regards alan

jonnyald

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 02:53:19 pm »
renewing the slave means pulling out the gearbox -jeeeez a 7hour job . but only change it if its leaking .

if you follow the pipe from the master cylinder >>>>>theres a hydraulic damper inline,(by the heater)    . they arent too pricey and  id try that first if i was u . its  sortof central in the van (by heater)

another thing to check is that the pedal return spring/slider is still in place. the flimsy bracket that holds it can split and then the pedal doesnt return quickly. i once welded up a bracket on a 04 ,when i was a mechanic. 

jjames

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 05:21:32 pm »
mine was doing exactly that and they had to change the slave cylinder which did mean the gearbox coming out. I opted for a new clutch whilst the gearbox was out and all in it cost me just over a grand. That was for a new clutch, new master cylinder and new slave cylinder along with a new wishbone that was noticed and labour. The clutch is much better now but still not right and I am considering getting rid of van

perfectpanesplymouth

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 06:50:03 pm »
you might as well get a new gearbox as well as they don't last too long either

prestigeclean

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 08:13:44 pm »
cheers guys will try the damper first regards alan

poole bay

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 08:21:07 pm »
iv had this problem i have the renault traffic iv had a recon gear box new clutch master cyclinder the pipes that go from the pedal, the pedal  can get air in them and then the clutch will just go to the floor to get a new gear box fitted cost me £950 and a new clutch was £550 i still have 2 years on the van with the payment and its a 04 plate its going to the scrap yard when i have finshed with it the best vans is the transit can go far wrong with them regards carl..

telboy

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 02:52:20 pm »
I had a new clutch fitted cost me £450.00 since then the pedal hasn't been to good
have to lift it up first thing in the morning.

I have noticed since the clutch was fitted there is a lot of chatter in 3rd and 4th gear,
if you know what I mean.
Anyone know what this might be  ???

Cheers Telboy

s.hughes

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 06:16:29 pm »
Puts me right off getting a van

poole bay

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 10:16:32 pm »
dont no mate i have that 2 soon as some think like this happens fix then get rid iv just started up and this has happend to me just hope it dont finsh me  ::)