This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johnmaggy

£1 a SQR M 4 drive cleaning?
« on: September 18, 2009, 04:36:52 pm »
How much do other drive cleaners charge (NO dont tell me)? BUT we have got a company now going round here advertising £1 a sqr m for block pave cleaning dont think its worth the hassle for that myself what does anyone else think? They arnt cowboys by the look of it either, sign written  van the right machines the lot.

stalwart

Re: £1 a SQR M 4 drive cleaning?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 05:03:44 pm »
A quid a M,is that for just a clean,not resanding,bloody hell thats well under cutting,whereabouts is this BTW?
Been there,seen it,done it,just cant remember when

johnmaggy

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 05:16:03 pm »
Hi pretty sure its for cleaning and resanding saw them in Birmingham area, got my mate to get a quote and it was cheap, well cheaper than me anyway :o

stalwart

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 06:12:40 pm »
Theres got to be a scam some where,say you drive 10 miles to a job 50sq M theres 2 of them,you got to do at least 5 a day to get any sort of wage

johnmaggy

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 09:10:08 am »
Lol thats what I would have thought, like you say must be a catch somwhere but I bet it gets there foot in the door or on the drive so to speak

Adam P

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 01:02:14 pm »
start up comapnty perhaps that isn't working any way so can charge whatever they like until they get regulars?when i first started my prices were not even quarter what they shuold be sometimes as i just wanted the money, now they are better but even still if i have a few days when i'm not busy and someone asks for a clean i'll reduce price a fair amount just to get it.

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 09:22:33 pm »
I wouldn't entertain anyone offering to clean my drive  at that price, far far too cheap... Alarm bells would be ringing!

stalwart

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 09:31:19 pm »
Whats the name of this so called outfit got a number for them johnmaggy?

johnmaggy

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 03:32:46 pm »
Its drivewayclean in Tamworth, looking at the small print it des look like its clean only! go and take a  look at the site, looks like it would attract customers to me, maybe a gimmick wonder if its working tho?

Adam P

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 03:34:44 pm »
possibly does, website is aweful though

stalwart

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009, 03:52:30 pm »

drive surgeon

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 06:34:57 pm »
they cant be fully insured and have all the right overheads and be charging a quid a metre. they must be just a little one man band with a small van. you could not earn a living off a pound a sq metre.  most charge 2.50 to 3.50 a sq metre/

mark bowditch

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 08:42:33 pm »
And here's another £1 per square metre

http://wecleanuk.webs.com/ratesservices.htm
Pressure Washing and Maintenance
http://www.grimeforce.co.uk

karygate

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 07:51:49 am »
i do my driveway cleaning as an add on and only charge by looking at a job and if the drainage is great ,its no hassle etc sometimes my price may be similar to those. i have full insurance but do not advertise (only by word of mouth) so my overheads are small . and i must be doing it right cos i keep being recommended and getting repeat work.
gary

johnmaggy

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 03:54:21 pm »
maybe its time to sell up and sign on, seems it would be better to be lazing about rather than working for nothing  :-\

After overheads plus tax(if u pay it, which maybe they arnt) etc £1 a sqrM you may aswell pay them to clean there drive cuz you arnt earning any money from it....

Andy Foster

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 11:04:43 pm »
I have been cleaning drives for 5 1/2 years now and have only recently put my prices up from £1 a square metre to £1.50 per square metre (clean only).

I am a limited company, VAT registered, have all the training that is available (and more), all the right insurances, all the right kit and employ another person to help me out.

I have made and continue to make good money doing it at this price so anyone who wants to quit rather than do it at this price, please feel free to do so.

I think that between £80 and £100 an hour for 2 people is more than adequate an income.

Looking forward to all the extra work that will be available when the £2.50 - £3 an hour chaps throw the towel in.

;D ;D ;D

karygate

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 07:19:04 am »
maybe its time to sell up and sign on, seems it would be better to be lazing about rather than working for nothing  :-\

After overheads plus tax(if u pay it, which maybe they arnt) etc £1 a sqrM you may aswell pay them to clean there drive cuz you arnt earning any money from it....

you,re obviously not that busy then. maybe its your price structure thats wrong.
gary

stalwart

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 10:28:39 pm »
I have been cleaning drives for 5 1/2 years now and have only recently put my prices up from £1 a square metre to £1.50 per square metre (clean only).

I am a limited company, VAT registered, have all the training that is available (and more), all the right insurances, all the right kit and employ another person to help me out.

I have made and continue to make good money doing it at this price so anyone who wants to quit rather than do it at this price, please feel free to do so.

I think that between £80 and £100 an hour for 2 people is more than adequate an income.

Looking forward to all the extra work that will be available when the £2.50 - £3 an hour chaps throw the towel in.

;D ;D ;D

forgive me if i read this wrong,are you saying you can clean 100sq mtrs an hour?

Andy Foster

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 12:40:02 am »
you are forgiven.
two people working equals £100 per hour at £1.50 per sq mtr.
works out at approx 70 sq mtr an hour.

johnmaggy

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2009, 01:18:48 pm »
Busy enough but thnx for your concern but I still think £1 a sqrM is to low, unless its on your doorsteep and you can wheel the machine round. Take this week for example we have 4 jobs booked in for drive cleaning and our first for gutter vaccing, the closest is around 5miles away the furthest is 25 miles away so taking at fuel costs alone £1 isnt enough, but good luck to you if you want to charge that much.
Dont think I could get away with a 50% increase in me prices tho Andy but I wish I could.