This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

waynebarry

DOES ANYONE DO HOUSE ROOF CLEANING
« on: September 17, 2009, 06:47:01 pm »
As above & if you do what do you charge say for a three bedroom house?

Les

Re: DOES ANYONE DO HOUSE ROOF CLEANING
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 08:37:36 pm »
I have done the odd one or two, however I never work on one price for a 3 bedroom house as they come in all shapes and sizes, can be of considerably different ages, dependendant on their location the level of soiling, moss growth etc. can vary wildly and things like access have to be considered.

perhaps decide how much you want to charge per hour and use that when viewing the job.

Les  ;)

waynebarry

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 10:08:31 pm »
cheers les Ive done a couple to the first one I got the price totally wrong the second I got right but ive just been asked to do a big four bedroom property and are trying to gauge what to charge!

*Derek*

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 10:13:40 pm »
I do a lot of roofs. Charge enough as there is a lot work envolved. I try and charge in the region of 400 - 500. The worst thing about roofs is that everything need cleaning walls gutters facia drive etc... Even sometimes the neighbours place. I nearly always use a cherrypicker where possible...

waynebarry

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 10:21:39 pm »
hi Derek interesting I have a Ipaf licence would you be able to e-mail me your contact details so I could chat with you about how you clean it off a cherry picker as I normally do it off a roof ladder. sales@apluscleaningservices.co.uk

stalwart

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 10:27:52 pm »
Hi i've done about 7 over the last 4 years and not one job has been the same go in at your top day rate then add your bits for other costs,
like les says it all depends on how much work is to be done,access,etc etc,just a couple of tips

Dont get caught by the H&S man working off roof ladders,hire a one man cherrypicker(£100+ a day)
Make sure your PLI covers you for doing roofs,most of them wont if your working over 7.5 mtrs in height read ya small print
Last but not least DO NOT GO ANY WHERE NEAR ASBESTOS SLATE ROOFS i put a post in a while back about these have a look at it,do these wrong and your pay very dearly for it,TRUST ME
Been there,seen it,done it,just cant remember when

waynebarry

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 10:33:53 pm »
Hi stalwart as I said before I have an IPaF licence but didnt think it wold be possible to clean it from the cradle, do you think this is the best way ? Do you do the job on your own or with a member staff?

stalwart

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 10:47:11 pm »
OH god yes it is,1st two i did was bloody hard work off a roof ladder with lance plus the weight of the hose and with 3000psi firing out its hard work esp if the pitch of the roof is steep.
My local hire place does this one man cherry picker so much easier but still can be a pain if you've got like close semi detatch houses,dormers,long valleys to get to,dont half save coming up and down ladders all the time just to move a few feet over.

I dont want to put you off,but as my last post said get all your legal crap up to scratch,just do your homework 1st.

I've a photo of a converted stables i did about 3 years back,wasn't to back off a roof ladder cos the pitch was not as steep,still took ages though,as the tiles were like biscuts,i'll try and dig it out

waynebarry

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 10:52:46 pm »
Cheers Stalwart it would be great to see, ill also look into using a cherry picker on this next job. ill e-mail you tommorrow to get some meor info of you .

stalwart

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 10:58:53 pm »
By all means do,BTW everyone,am selling up and heading into a new venture,fed up getting wet,being an ole git,lol,just fancy being dry for a change ;D

stalwart

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 06:05:47 pm »
It's on ebay at the moment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290349967438&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

i did offer it on here weeks ago,no interest ???

Mind you,loads of messers on ebay as usual >:(

Richy L

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 07:57:23 pm »
id be interested in a price for
  • the pressure hoses
  • the wall washer
  • and the sand blasting attachment

stalwart

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2009, 09:59:01 pm »
If it dont sell on ebay(which i cant see it doing) then i will spit it up,only thing is its not gonna be easy to do with the likes of the machine and hoses,not really easy to explain on here call that NUMBER  so i can explain why.
wall washer £35

http://www.northerntooluk.com/pressure-washer-accessories/general-accessories/northstar-315mm-wall-washer_1576231E.html?fhsearchterm=wall+washer
mines in blue though

Sand blaster £70  ,but you need the machine that'll do 200 bar @ least 15lt a min

http://www.northerntooluk.com/sandblasting/sandblasting-accessories/heavy-duty-sand-blasting-kit_2259E.html?fhsearchterm=sandblaster

mines with the nozzle

sherco

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2009, 10:08:05 am »
It's on ebay at the moment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290349967438&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

i did offer it on here weeks ago,no interest ???

Mind you,loads of messers on ebay as usual >:(

Just had a look at your stuff on EBay...Didn't realise you were so close to me, im in Heathfield.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

stalwart

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2009, 03:06:37 pm »
Its a small world as they say,what is it you do?

sherco

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2009, 04:03:42 pm »
I lay and clean natural stone flooring. So whats your new business venture?
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

stalwart

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2009, 06:03:34 pm »
Please do not take this as being rude,but would you mind if i keep my cards close to my chest on that one ;) ,by all means feel free to email me though

stalwart

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2009, 09:54:44 pm »
Right found the pics of the roof job as promised,this is the second one i did about 3 years back,quite an easy roof so to say,but it still hard work off a roof ladder,the pitch of the roof wasn'st to steep plus access to it was really good,the problem you have is doing the hips you cant or shouldn't hang a roof ladder on them.
The tiles were like rich tea biccys any sort of force on them and they'd break,summit you got to think of when doing this,and yes i did snap a few lucky for me there was loads of spare tiles.
Price wise i just about broke even charged £450 for two of us a day and a half.