This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TonyD

DI set up
« on: September 17, 2009, 11:27:50 am »
I've built a small round now over the last month or so, and I'm keen to start on a wfp set up, but as the round isn't huge and costs are a factor, I'm looking at the best way to introduce myself to it.

I'm on a water meter, so not sure how much this should affect my choice ?  Some of the waste figures for RO that I'm reading makes me worry about the volume costs.

If I put a 250ltr tank in the van could I use this to continually fill and work from a backpack ? or would a trolley be better ?

Would a couple of 25ltr DI tanks on their own be suitable for producing the smaller amount of water I currently need ?

Or am I better just saving for a van set up and be done with it ?????

Thanks for any help or advice, I know these are questions that are boring for some, but it's info that I need to find out..

Re: DI set up
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 12:12:59 pm »
If you have a small round at the moment, you also have a small need for water. So why not look at harvesting rainwater from your roof? The rainwater probably comes at between 2 and 6 ppm tds. You will then want a DI pot to polish it off.

Having said that, I use raw rainwater just as it comes off the roof and it gives perfect results every time.

ian1972

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 12:57:41 pm »
just get a 11ltr di a few 25ltr water drums and a backpack that will sort out the small ammount you have and pretty cheep to

TonyD

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 04:23:11 pm »
Thanks for the replies, that's helped a lot.  I know it's the same old questions, so ta for reading and giving the advice.