Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

derek west

working tx credit
« on: September 15, 2009, 07:21:50 pm »
i know minimum hours to qualify is 31 hours, if i pay my lad minimum wage £5.73 i think, does anyone know roughly how much working tax credit he could be entitled too. and does anyone know about this £1000 grant i could get for employing someone.

i know its a long shot but thought i'd stick it on here to see if anyone could shed some light. employing someone is something i know F all about and its making me nervous.

he helps me out regularly but thinking if i take him on it would benefit the business and i could push on faster with more free time to market the business even better.

derek

markpowell

Re: working tx credit
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 07:39:42 pm »
Derek,
Take a look on tax credits website calculator, type in details it tells you how much will be paid
Mark

derek west

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 07:54:31 pm »
cheers mark.

Robert Watson

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 08:04:28 pm »
Hi Derek,
I`m looking into this at the moment.
I`ll let you know how I get on.
Rab
The Kitchen Door Centre

Jason Ryan

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 08:09:53 pm »
Also a good source of info on stuff like this is ukbf websife (uk business forums), as on here if nothing comes up with a search ask the same question-loads of knowlage on there.

http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk

Hope that helps

Cheers

derek west

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 08:22:25 pm »
rabby
just found out
my mates 25
and working 30 hours on mimimum wage he is entitled to £50 odd a week working tax credit. we're now looking into if he is entitled to any housing and council tax benefits and any other benefits he might be able to get.
i'll let ya know about this £1000 grant (if it exists) we might be entitled to

cheers jason, i'll have a nosey

derek

garyfindlay

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 08:28:58 pm »
I`ve got girls working for me (cleaning, before anyone jumps to conclusions) and the work 16 hours a week, at the minimum rate and mr Brown tops it up to around £120 I think

Karl Wildey

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 11:11:09 pm »
does it matter if its your son, as oppose to employing a non family member?
and what this £1000 bit?
my son finished school and could not get into college, no spaces left.

Jon Tabbener

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 11:16:03 pm »
Derek

My brother just asked me the same thing advised me i will get £1000 if i take him on £500 straight away & another £500 if still with me after 6 months - something to do with people who have been unemployed for over 6 months i think.

I'm thinking about getting him out leafleting & then helping out on large jobs

Like you though i know nothing about employing someone else, so it's a bit worrying having to find someones wage before mine  ;D

Jon
Cleaner Carpets

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 11:38:11 pm »
Aswell as the £1000 it looks like you could be entitled to £1,500 worth of training.

These links may be helpfull -

http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/jcp/Employers/AdvertiseaVacancy/recruitmentsubsidy/

http://www.witanjardine.co.uk/news/2119-Government-offers-funding-for-recruitment
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 08:24:49 am »
karl
not sure about family members all though i have read something about it so might be diff
jon
i think the extra work that another pair of hands can generate i.e. leafletting when not busy, and doing jobs at twice the speed, so freeing up time for your own marketting will soon generate the money you pay him. thats the theory anyhoo.
keyplus
cheers for the links, i'll have a nosey when i get home.
right! hi hoooooooooooooooooo, you know the rest. ;D
derek

Jason Ryan

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 08:25:16 am »
Not 100% sure as aint checked-but it would be worth your while derek contacting the job centre as im sure its them that give the grant and also they pay a percentage of the wage (may be around 50%)for the 1st year-though not fully sure.

Government sites aint always 'advertise' the info when it comes to handing out money on things like this so you sometimes have to enquire.

Also if you 'helper' who your looking at employing is currently unemployed then he/she may be entitled to a job start grant and extra back to work help-depends on a few things so worth there while also asking the job centre.

Can be a bit of fuss but worth it in end if things work out. I do know of plumbers who have had lads doing apprentiships (or simular) from college and they pay nothing as the college pays it all for 1st year (may be more) but then when there year is up they tell them they aint needed (which i personally think is a bit unfair as being used as cheap labour), job centre may have a simular policey.

All the best

derek west

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 04:32:18 pm »
16 hours and he gets his rent paid plus 70p a week council tax. we've found a mole who's gonna do some digging for us. watch this space. ;D
derek

elliott cleaning

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 09:23:01 pm »
Amazing, what seems to be available from the State :o
Wonder who indirectly finances all this ;)
Anyone else like me, who favours lower taxation ???

derek west

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 09:51:37 pm »
 ???

everyone wants lower taxation don't they?

derek

Griffus

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 10:12:37 pm »
We're just in the process of converting one of our zero hours guys to part time (18 hours).

He has one of these 'Recruitment Subsidy' leaflets from the job centre.

One important point worth noting is point 13 on the form: -

13. Vouchers are subject to available funding and are time limited. Jobcentre Plus reserves the right not to honour this voucher if funding has been exhausted or the voucher is presented after 31 March 2011.

The bottom line is that you shouldn't employ anyone just because of this offer. You may end up not receiving a penny. It is a nice little bonus if you intended to employ anyway.

Remember also that to claim this benefit your new employee must have been claiming Jobseekers Allowance for at least six months prior to you employing them.

Karl Wildey

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 11:17:30 pm »
'Remember also that to claim this benefit your new employee must have been claiming Jobseekers Allowance for at least six months prior to you employing them.

rules my son out he just left school.'

derek west

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 05:52:52 pm »
apparantly you can get £75 a week from the guv for employing a long term unemployed person, not sure of the full details as yet.
derek

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 06:01:00 pm »
Business Link or whatever they are called now are very good for basic stuff like this. Also employment law, H&S and how to stop yourself being shafted by employees.

Daria Taylor

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 06:07:59 pm »
some really usefully info here, i have question as well may be someone will be able to help me, my husband set up his own company(self employed), and at the moment sales are quiet, so could he get any help from states? but to statr up this company his quip his job 3 months ago, so anyone had simular situation? i'm thinking about any kind of benefits to get him through this time?

dash