This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

John Walker

Re: SLX v Ionics Glider opinions?
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2009, 11:40:22 am »
nope straight from ges just gardiners it has new clamps just keep undoing for some reason and like i said the brush dont seem stiff enough to me but can change that,all in all i do like the pole

Have used my SL-X25 for some weeks now.  My clamps stay tight and I've never had black on my hands.

This pole is so light and rigid in use, it's probably the bext WFP item I've bought.

I would point out that I do treat it with respect and keep it cleaned which only takes a couple of minutes.
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

ian1972

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2009, 02:28:16 pm »
no dont get me wrong i am impressed with the pole wouldnt swap it but i had it 2 weeks brush just dont seem stiff enough for me if the window is hevaly soiled its a struggle,and is getting wore out quite fast

aiminvestor

Re: SLX v Ionics Glyder opinions?
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2009, 12:37:43 am »
Thanks for all the replies, this was an interesting thread to follow.

I have decided to go with the Ionics Glyder 28ft.

My main reason is I have used one, and found it easy to use, and there don't appear to have been any issues with this pole, and the extra cost is minimal.

Dictum meum pactum

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2009, 08:45:55 am »
Why not try and hook up with someone that has an slx, more money isn't always best. I honestly believe that the slx is the best pole out there.  Btw I have 3 sl brushes and they are all going strong all used regular. 

Simon. 

NWH

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2009, 06:32:36 pm »
I was at Ionics on Thursday, they have plenty in stock. I'm going to buy a Glider Pole next week, I was speaking to a Chap who was also looking at various Ionics Equipment and said to me the Ionics poles will last 5 times longer than any pole on the market if you look after them. All my poles from Ionics and other acquaintances in the business are all lasting, and are in very good condition.
To say they have plenty in stock is a good enough indication to me that there not all that,i`ve used 1 for a few windows and that was enough for me to make up my mind.Closed it was well over 6ft and as heavy as lead enough for me to keep my money in my pocket on that occasion.

drwindows

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2009, 07:06:45 pm »
To say they have plenty in stock is a good enough indication to me that there not all that

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

So if a company has a product is in stock then it must be no good.  HA HA HA

No offense but what a riducilous thing to say!

NWH

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2009, 07:10:40 pm »
Don`t hear many people on here rave on about them do you,that in itself is enough for me.

aiminvestor

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2009, 07:20:55 pm »
I was at Ionics on Thursday, they have plenty in stock. I'm going to buy a Glider Pole next week, I was speaking to a Chap who was also looking at various Ionics Equipment and said to me the Ionics poles will last 5 times longer than any pole on the market if you look after them. All my poles from Ionics and other acquaintances in the business are all lasting, and are in very good condition.
To say they have plenty in stock is a good enough indication to me that there not all that,i`ve used 1 for a few windows and that was enough for me to make up my mind.Closed it was well over 6ft and as heavy as lead enough for me to keep my money in my pocket on that occasion.

"heavy as lead"???

They only weigh 2.6 kG!
Dictum meum pactum

John Walker

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2009, 07:22:21 pm »
Plenty in stock - worrying!!

Are you sure you will get the same level of after sales that Alex Gardiner offers - absolutely first rate.

Unfortunately a well known 'market leader' left a bad taste in my mouth at an Excell exhibition a few years back.  I had hard cash in my pocket ready for a system, but was a relative newbie at the time.  I had decided on their system based on their professional advertising.  

They started talking to me and then totally blanked me when some flash guy in a suit turned up.  I was then left standing there feeling very awkward.  (I saw the same guy later placing a large order on another stand)

Maybe it was a one off - maybe they have learnt better customer service since but having been a manager in customer service for most of my working life I found the situation embarassing and unacceptable.

Your will not get treated like this by the likes of Alex Gardiner.
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

NWH

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2009, 07:23:18 pm »
When you look at all the advertised weights of poles it looks like nothing in comparison,use a pole that weighs only slightly more and you can feel the difference in an instant.A few pounds at 30-40ft feels a lot lot more when in use.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2009, 07:29:15 pm »
When you look at all the advertised weights of poles it looks like nothing in comparison,use a pole that weighs only slightly more and you can feel the difference in an instant.A few pounds at 30-40ft feels a lot lot more when in use.

Very true.

aiminvestor

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2009, 07:30:34 pm »

The Glyder is only a 28' pole.

It feels fine, I have used one.
Dictum meum pactum

jonnyald

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2009, 07:36:11 pm »
hi aimin ,    you must be out on the streets now ?   hope its going ok

aiminvestor

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2009, 09:07:38 pm »

I rang Gardiners last week, and they had all their poles in stock, so on the basis of your post above, their poles "aren't all that" either!

So what you seem to be saying is i need to look around for a supplier whose poles are not in stock!

Hmmmmm!
Dictum meum pactum

aiminvestor

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2009, 09:12:29 pm »
hi aimin ,    you must be out on the streets now ?   hope its going ok

Yes thanks, ok so far (touchwood, no complaints!) but helping a friend with some other unrelated work this week so starting slower than I had anticipated.

I hope to go to out fulltime next week now, have some houses waiting through a friend, so hope the weather stays clear on Monday.
Dictum meum pactum

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2009, 11:08:55 pm »
The glider is 70% heavier (not sure if brushes are included) and from the cool ionics video doesn't look as rigid as the slx. The extra kg would really notice especially over cons. Not a bad promotional video though, I can see why people would be impressed.

Does any one know if the glyder is servicable like the slx, replacing sections ect.

Simon. 

Sean Dyer

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2009, 08:08:24 am »
My staff wont use the slx anymore, they get black hands with it and cant get there hands clean in the evenings, I suppose it is the same with amy Carbon Fibre pole.

Whats the lesser of the 2 evils black hands or glass fibre splinters ?

Dont seem to get the same problems with the supalite though

surgical gloves :) them throwaway ones for a few quid a box , you know it makes sense

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2009, 08:20:02 am »

surgical gloves :) them throwaway ones for a few quid a box , you know it makes sense

I agree, I use non-powdered nitrile gloves, in the winter I use thicker gloves over the top. I wouldn't work without gloves these days as there is so much muck on hosepipes etc. I'm surprised that anyone who employs workers doesn't have to stipulate gloves as part of their H&S policy.