This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Popular career
« on: September 08, 2009, 12:48:57 pm »

The amount of new windows cleaners their are about now. Their must be about 10 new ones in my town alone.   Scary when building up a business. Will they all go away in the winter months? Or when the country gets back on its feet.

The up side, I reckon the roof rack, ladder manufactures must be doing a great trade.

niceandclean

Re: Popular career
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 01:04:01 pm »
No! There will be more window cleaners in every city and it will continue to increase every year and for the next several years at least.

I belive this also.

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 01:31:35 pm »
Then I guess it will be the same in all cleaning related firms.
The only realistic way, is to double advertising efforts.

I am looking for more work nice and clean, if u have any in Cambridge area.

niceandclean

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 02:05:19 pm »
No sorry haven't got any going. Im always looking for more work myself, i have roundbuilders out for me when they can, but they are extremely busy at the moment! I have just bought 2 trad rounds, one out of my area just outside London but a large and very good priced round, and another small round on the cambs/norfolk boarder, which isnt too bad.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 03:17:24 pm »
ive noticed more people startin up but im not worried.i just concentrate on doin a good job and gettin round regular and my prices r cheap compared to some on here.im still pickin up work off 5 different WCs round cheshire way.thats where most of my work is.im smart,polite if not a bit cheeky and a good looking guy.always a bonus i think.im tendin to pick up work off the gangs of WCs who have 3 lads with them.sometimes standards slip or some people dont like them clambering all over their houses.only me who cleans and ive got a good reputation for bein reliable and trustworthy.i cant emphasize how important customer relations are with domestics.ive seen some of my customers kids grow up etc.a lot wont stick it during the winter.this job is hard physical work if u want to make it pay and most cant hack it.im always friendly with other WCs and dont see them as a threat.i just keep my business running as smoothly as i can and NEVER get complacent.im grateful for the round ive got.its took hard work  and commitment and a lot of trial and error but im in a good place.not gona rest on my laurels tho.van and WFP next year :o
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 05:27:08 pm »
 At least, most of them have not discovered WFP yet.  :o

martinsadie

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 06:21:32 pm »

The amount of new windows cleaners their are about now. Their must be about 10 new ones in my town alone.   Scary when building up a business. Will they all go away in the winter months? Or when the country gets back on its feet.

will you be going away  ;D

NWH

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 06:24:22 pm »
Winter has the same effect on WC`s as it does on wasps you very rarely see 1 in the winter,winter and just cold weather sorts out the hardcore.I`ve had people work for me in spring and summer and appear to be very good workers at these times of year only when there faced with cold mornings and pink fingers do you see the real person,i wouldn`t worry to much don`t forget they havn`t even had 1 winter yet most of them and the winters are a lot harsher than they were even just a couple of years ago.

tony talbot

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 06:39:15 pm »
i still think there is a lot of work out there to get, more newbies the better, gets the custys used to having there windows cleaned. and when some of them move on to what they think is a better job, the custys come looking for someone more reliable ;D

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 06:40:34 pm »
Thats a good way of looking at it.

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 08:41:25 pm »
NWH winters are not as i remember when i woz a kid in the seventies or even 20 yrs ago when i worked on a plant nursery.i just think theres a lot of soft arses about who cant put up with hard work and cold weather ;Dour winters r defo milder these days
price higher/work harder!

tacky

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 10:06:43 pm »
must admit .this yr never seen so many window cleaners

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 11:09:30 pm »
hmmm im one of those newbies, but so was every one of you! presure in my decorating job [all building trades are the same] made me look around id never even looked at window cleaning now i see windows every were i look, you know like when you buy a new car and suddenly you see loads of them, thay were there all the time but you never noticed them well now im thinking wow what a great business theres windows everywere = custies everywere spreads the risk, loseing a couple dont really hurt you like loseing 1 decorateing custie costs me hundreds thats the real appeal to me being honest tho would i have looked at window cleaning before the credit crunch no.

jonnyald

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 07:56:01 am »
hey mick, did u buy that round in the end  from that guy?   are you out there yet?

best of luck

geefree

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 08:21:58 am »
There are always extra window cleaners in the summer months, they vanish in the winter and we get all there customers,

Its good to have healthy competition, it keeps us on our toes,

and its also good to have fairweather brigades,

they canvass and pass them on to the established guys, when the cold comes and there little soft fingers turn blue.

:)

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 05:18:04 pm »
Yes, I agree. But we have not had a recesson in a long time.   

tony talbot

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 06:11:43 pm »
Yes, I agree. But we have not had a recesson in a long time.   

what recession ;D

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 08:59:20 pm »
hi jonny not purchised the round yet but we,ve agreed a price and agreed he,s happy to continue antill im redundant [work load  keeps changing it could be any time or could be a couple of months] anyhow iv picked up 5 custies of my own lol so im doing a bit and learning all i can and really enjoying it. thanks for asking good luck to you as well
mick

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 12:31:06 pm »
I picked up more customers yesterday. So not has bad as it seems.  What you put into it, your get out.

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 04:47:35 pm »
No! There will be more window cleaners in every city and it will continue to increase every year and for the next several years at least.

Thats no surprise to anyone, when did the number of window cleaners ever decrease?