This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dean Taberner

Re: Nationwide window cleaning
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2009, 09:05:39 pm »
Burnley college?

No Jason im not,

Theyre done through a landscaping company who do all of the.............................landscaping on all of the lidls ;D ;D
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

abilol

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2009, 09:18:53 pm »
only one we dont cover  dean r a few round liverpool ru in sheffeild wed or thursday mate

Dean Taberner

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2009, 09:25:07 pm »
Im there again tomorrow mate then weve got to cover our own work,

Tried to call you today but missed your call cus I was messing about with that 60ft pole :o :o

Ill defo call you in the morning around 8ish.

dan hughes

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2009, 11:18:15 pm »
What are you getting at Dan?

Between myself a guy called laurie and another guy called jamie we have covered every lidl from the furthest point in north wales, all through shropshire, stoke, cheshire, lancs, all of yorkshire, some of cumbria, some of lincolnshire and nearly up to newcastle up until recently on a weekly basis for nearly the last 3 years,

Dont know who you know but if his name isnt jamie or laurie then he hasnt been on any of our stores recently,

Dean

the name Jamie rings a bell I think. Is he still around?

The jobs were subbed out, but then they stopped. I was told one story of why they stopped but I reckon there was another reason, which is what I'm trying to get to. Just me , investigating.

NWH

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2009, 11:25:00 pm »
Earn the same money on your own doorstep if not more i would think,though to some i suppose it sounds almost glamourous to say to others you`ve been halfway round the country to clean a few windows. ::)

Dean Taberner

« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2009, 12:32:40 am »
nwh,

it was only a matter of time for a response like this,

well done,

dean

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2009, 07:28:17 am »
If it pays and pays well, its worth doing no matter where.

Though i like my own bed, so stopping out wouldnt take my fancy
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2009, 07:52:23 am »
A tip

Never limit your business, if the jobs pay do them.

We used to only do work in a £30 mile radius of the office and we got to a point and the business stopped growing, and over the years the compertition started growing in the area, now we cover the whole of the UK and have just started our first project in Dubia and have completed one in Qatar.

Just make sure all the jobs pay

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2009, 07:55:53 am »
Why dont you just sub the work out. Make yourself £100-150 a day for doing jacksie effectively. You can then go out do £200 a day locally yourself and be rolling in it without having to do your 4am starts and a £75 tank of fuel.

That to me is far better business sense.

I would have thought that would warrant a 'happy days  ;)  ;) '

Dean Taberner

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2009, 08:02:56 am »
A tip

We used to only do work in a £30 mile radius of the office and we got to a point and the business stopped growing, and over the years the compertition started growing in the area, now we cover the whole of the UK and have just started our first project in Dubia and have completed one in Qatar.

totally agree mate,

nwh

we are about to start some student accomodation blocks in sheffield,

its took us 1.5hrs to drive up from stoke,

glamorous or what

D ;D ;D ;D ;D

trevor perry

« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2009, 08:21:10 am »
A tip

thanks for that advice, do you find it easy enough to get staff willing to travel large distances or do you start local lads.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

NWH

« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2009, 11:10:02 am »
This type of work suits about 1 in 200 WC`s and is not worth it if you have the work on your doorstep or within 1/2 an hours drive,i`ll stick with what i do it works for me once you get to a certain level in this job you have to choose whether you want-need the hassel of driving miles to earn no more when you add it all up and i`m not just talking money.A bit like some of those on Dragons Den they turnover 250-300k and net about 30-50 lol. ;D ;D ;D

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2009, 04:27:26 pm »
Dean are the student blocks new build cleaning .Also if you need additional pure i may be able to help you i have an eagle IPC so can make 6+lt per min.
I live in Rotherham next to J 34 M1 near meadowhall shopping centre .If you need additional labour have mate looking for work he is available for jobs in this area my No is 07903817985
Spit and polish

Dean Taberner

« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2009, 05:41:55 pm »
This type of work suits about 1 in 200 WC`s and is not worth it if you have the work on your doorstep or within 1/2 an hours drive,i`ll stick with what i do it works for me once you get to a certain level in this job you have to choose whether you want-need the hassel of driving miles to earn no more when you add it all up and i`m not just talking money.A bit like some of those on Dragons Den they turnover 250-300k and net about 30-50 lol. ;D ;D ;D

NWH

Work hard for your business to start with then your business will work hard for you in the long run,

I got very bored on the domestics, Ive been cleaning houses for the majority of my window cleaning career and the change to commercial is very exciting, even in a recesion,

How many posts have you seen on here about wc's asking each other how to stay motivated? Quite a few.

On the commercial work, especially on a big job theres no time to be bored.

If what you are doing is good for you then crack on and enjoy it.

Dean

Dean Taberner

« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2009, 05:43:33 pm »
Dean are the student blocks new build cleaning .Also if you need additional pure i may be able to help you i have an eagle IPC so can make 6+lt per min.
I live in Rotherham next to J 34 M1 near meadowhall shopping centre .If you need additional labour have mate looking for work he is available for jobs in this area my No is 07903817985

Jason,

Will do mate,

Are you busy? That machine sounds superb. Was it a dear do?

Dean

« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2009, 05:53:00 pm »
Why dont you just sub the work out. Make yourself £100-150 a day for doing jacksie effectively. You can then go out do £200 a day locally yourself and be rolling in it without having to do your 4am starts and a £75 tank of fuel.

Dean Taberner

« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2009, 05:56:32 pm »

There are 3 who work on my books and I do the majority of the lidls alone ;) ;) ;)

dai

« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2009, 05:56:32 pm »
Dean, how long does it take you yo do that college in rhos? I drive past there most days and it's huge.

Dean Taberner

« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2009, 06:01:04 pm »
We were helping somebody else Dai,

There were 2 people from our 3 there for 2 days plus the other company had 2 people there for 3 days so it is a big place,

We also did that private school in colwyn bay with them the week before Rydal Penrhos, ever heard of it?

That is a massive place.

Dean

NWH

« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2009, 06:03:16 pm »
And you were only helping someone else,you put your own work on hold to HELP! someone clean it lol. ;D ;D