This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

when i started WC in the early 90s
« on: September 03, 2009, 08:11:52 pm »
when i started working for this bloke when i was 22 all we used was DAMP SCRIM on everything :osometimes wet cloth then dry cloth for buffin up.the scrim in them days was a lot thicker weave than the stuff u get now.used to take a month to break in but then it would last for months used every day.used to buy it on a long roll from the local hardware store.the ve all shut down round here now.he was that tight with his money if u lost ur 1pound cheap scraper he provided for u he would just say use a 50pence piece to scrap the bird muck off :oi hated working for him.i started up myself a year later.he still goin in his 60s now with 2 lads with him.he used to send me to chippy every day for a bag of chips and still want his 12p change back.he used to photocopy the crossword out of the paper in the local library so he wouldnt have to buy a paper.AND HE S NOT EVEN SCOTTISH ;Danyone got any other WC stories from their start up days?

best wishes to u all

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

ronnie paton

Re: when i started WC in the early 90s
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 09:34:39 pm »
i would want my change too

and if my emplyees lost stuff they would pay for it the only way to make them look after there stuff