Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike #1

Re: slx poles
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2009, 09:15:26 pm »
totally agree i would expect an slx to last 5 yrs for the £500 or so i will be paying later in the year might wait though

Mike #1

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2009, 09:19:12 pm »
HOT TOPIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!! how long has the slx been out and what is the longest length of time someone has used one overall , full report please

pingu

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2009, 09:37:52 pm »
Alex has without doubt made a massive contribution to our industry with regard to the use of poles and how they have made our lives better in respect to the toll that this repetitive work places on our bodies.

Even though I have had a MK1 pole to the point where is became a pain to use as I was having to cut and shut it regulary...the pole did make my life easier in so many respects and to be honest it allowed me to earn a nice turnover in the time it was used...I would say how much but that would open up another can of worms ;).

So Alex...despite me having the odd dig about this and that...Thanks for being a pioneer and having the forward thinking and perseverance to continue to advance the poles and brushes...

Ok so you're in business and I hope are doing very well out of it and these poles inturn help me do well also.

I used the MK1 from 20th May 08 until the 31st July 09 (R.I.P)..MK3...Since last Monday...

Cheers
Dave.

ps...I doubt any pole will last 5 years....

boshravie

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2009, 10:03:22 pm »
Long live ALEX-GARDINER :)

boshravie

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2009, 10:07:30 pm »
GARDINER
Top pole, Top service and Top man.

pingu

« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2009, 10:13:02 pm »
Lets not get carried away with this...he'll never be able to wear a hat again... ;D ;D

By having the odd dig here and there we can keep him on his toes...ssssshhhh don't tell him ;)

Dave.

boshravie

« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2009, 10:24:05 pm »
Hi pingu
He just heard you  :o
That’s it ,,, you wont  get any key rings any more  ;D ;D

pingu

« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2009, 07:50:13 am »
Keyrings...and pens...it took him long enough to send me those....

Its people like Cozy I feel sorry for(it's hard not to)...I think Alex has something against us lot on the incontinent...so just to show some good will, Cozy is meant to be visiting me at some stage when he can get his gypo pikey wagon sorted out and I shall present him with a Gardiners pen on behalf of all the CIU members here for being such a big CIU member here ;)...I would have given him a keyring as well but I use that on my dog lead..

Dave.

cozy

« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2009, 08:07:33 am »
So I come all the way to Holland for a pen and to be Dave's brew bitch? lol

If WFP is anything for me, it will be one length as all my squaddie custies houses are all the same. No cons or obstacles really.

Do I get 50% off a new pole because I am fighting my own corner over here? ;D

pingu

« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2009, 08:19:47 am »
Like I said Cozy...Alex just has something against you box-heads..sorry but that's just the way he is :P....

AuRavelling79

« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2009, 12:03:21 pm »
My SLX was bought in March 2009 and has knurled aluminium clamps.

Nylon clamps? Less wear? Is there an upgrade for mine?
It's a game of three halves!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2009, 12:06:43 pm »
My SLX was bought in March 2009 and has knurled aluminium clamps.

Nylon clamps? Less wear? Is there an upgrade for mine?

Of course there is  :)

www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Gardiner_Pole_Systems_SL-X.html

Bottom of the page gives you all the details including fitting instructions.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2009, 12:20:16 pm »
OK, mine works OK. Will the new clamps benefit me now or should I wait until there is a need and what would that need be?

pingu

« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2009, 02:18:17 pm »
If my experiance with the MK1 pole is anything to go by...get the upgrade...plastic against carbon will wear way better than carbon against carbon.

Cheers
Dave.

macmac

« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2009, 02:24:50 pm »
HOT TOPIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!! how long has the slx been out and what is the longest length of time someone has used one overall , full report please

I've had mine sinse it's original release (about 18mths I think, maybe Alex could confirm?) I use it every day for everything & it's still going strong. No clamp issues, no exsessive wear issues etc. I ditched my carbon facelift in favour of the sl-x, which is sat in the shed & only gets used once a month for a hotel which the sl-x doesn't reach as mine is the 25ft model & the facelift is 44ft.

I clean the pole hose each time I put it back in the van (if required) & have only taken the pole apart & flushed it once in all this time (although I would recomend you do this more often). The point is, the sl-x, for me has not required any more care or maintaning than my facelift pole.

For me the sl-x was a no brainer, much more productive & easier than the facelift & a genuine all in one pole!
Top product. ;)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2009, 03:20:49 pm »
OK, mine works OK. Will the new clamps benefit me now or should I wait until there is a need and what would that need be?

I'd do it now to reduce wear.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2009, 05:06:48 pm »

But what about warranty issues? I bought a pole suitable for purpose; which it appears to be, only to find that the clamps have been changed to improve it/reduce wear. It's almost like there is a design fault that has been overcome but because I bought mine in March 09 I have to pay.

If I pay the admittedly small sum of £7 plus p&p etc. and do it myself then is there a warranty issue?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2009, 05:29:13 pm »

But what about warranty issues? I bought a pole suitable for purpose; which it appears to be, only to find that the clamps have been changed to improve it/reduce wear. It's almost like there is a design fault that has been overcome but because I bought mine in March 09 I have to pay.

If I pay the admittedly small sum of £7 plus p&p etc. and do it myself then is there a warranty issue?

There are no warranty issues. The current clamps you have will work fine, if you are worried stick with what you have. The new clamps have been in production/development for a year now so are not related to any issues with your ones.

Mike #1

« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2009, 05:45:39 pm »
nice to hear macmac i have always found gardiners to be top notch only use brushes so far getting funds together for slx

matt

« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2009, 07:22:07 pm »

The 1st slx clamps are great, no reason to change the clamp for nylon one that does the same job but has not proven itself, every plastic clamp has and will have problems.

Wears is caused by the grit/dirt getting between the sections & rubbing against the carbon has nothing to do with any clamps.

not wanting to be argumentative

BUT

when you tighten anything against something else the softer material will wear ( or if they are of equal strength, the wear will be equal