Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave.e

slx poles
« on: August 13, 2009, 06:24:02 pm »
May i take this opportunity to congratulate Alex on the 18ft slx pole i have had one now for about a month and talk about the dogs naggers it the best pole i have ever used and will be ordering another but can some one tell me where i can get 1.5mm or 1mm jets from  have had a look on all the site but can not find any at all thanks Dave

stephen s

Re: slx poles
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 06:27:25 pm »
why don't you book a hotel room for the two of you  :D :D :D :D :D

dave.e

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 06:30:28 pm »

ha ha ha  ;D ;D ;D ;D

GWCS

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 07:05:23 pm »

who Alex G or the pole?  ::)  ;)

pingu

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 07:13:24 pm »
used mine for about 2 hours and the clamp on number 2 section come off in my hand...looked like no adhesive to bond it.

1 day after use...the yellow and red warning tapes are already ripping...so does not look like it will see the year out.

Not a great start.

Cheers
Dave.

ian1972

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 07:29:44 pm »
dont say that paid for 1 got 3 week wait for it dont b saying they not good

darragh windows

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 07:32:19 pm »
May i take this opportunity to congratulate Alex on the 18ft slx pole i have had one now for about a month and talk about the dogs naggers it the best pole i have ever used and will be ordering another but can some one tell me where i can get 1.5mm or 1mm jets from have had a look on all the site but can not find any at all thanks Dave

i seen the 1mm jets on one of the sites cant remember which one,i looked through a few there with no joy but i think it was the same suppliers who sold a brush with red rollers on the back to help extend the pole maybe someone will know the supplier
jamie

GWCS

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 08:42:32 pm »
used mine for about 2 hours and the clamp on number 2 section come off in my hand...looked like no adhesive to bond it.

1 day after use...the yellow and red warning tapes are already ripping...so does not look like it will see the year out.

Not a great start.

Cheers
Dave.

I had that problem too - i emailed alex to check if it was to be glued he said yes and offered to send some glue via courier the next day - or i could return it to them (for free) and they would do it for me.

I did it myself as i had plenty of the glue spare - i know it shouldn't have happened but it was no biggie.

Not had much wear yet of the poles or the tape sections. I dont go past the yellow infact it get clamped on the yellow and no further..

Will be bathing it come the weekend and applying ptfe, to ensure all ok inside the poles and to reduce the ware.

s.w.c

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 09:53:08 pm »
dave check your email address.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 10:46:39 pm »
I bought mine at the end of March so coming up to 5 months.

Mine's the 30ft one plus 5ft g/f extension and for 95% of my work I just use the top four sections with a smaller diameter ferrule and keep the other two plus g/f extension and original ferrule ready in the van.

The stop indicators (one red only on mine) wore to nothing in two months on the top two sections and are faded on the next two. One of the clamps (quick release bicycle type of effort with a knurled adjuster) came unglued too.

Last weekend I spent an hour hosing all the sections through, re-gluing a clamp and painted double stop indicators on the top three sections.

It's a small price to pay for such a light and sturdy pole to repaint and glue every two months. It takes less than an hour and it's dry and ready next morning. I hose through every couple of weeks or when it feels a bit gritty.

If it lasts two years (at the rate I use it)  before I have to buy a new top section or next one down then I'll be happy. I do wonder if it'll need some sort of service from gardiners at about the twelve month point tho'. 

I'd be more miffed if a section got damaged/worn out and was unavailable from stock though...
It's a game of three halves!

elite mike

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 10:49:53 pm »
think i would put the hose on the outside  :o

saving all that muck going into pole 8)

windowswashed

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 07:37:58 am »
Stop indicators wear out far too quick, more paint on the indicators would be nice and sealed to prevent it wearing off.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 07:51:42 am »
Stop indicators wear out far too quick, more paint on the indicators would be nice and sealed to prevent it wearing off.

I suppose it's a trade off between a tight fit and losing paint. Too thick paint would scuff. Best result would be a different colour section in the tube. How expensive would that be? Very; even if it was practicable...

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 10:01:24 am »
We are looking at a different technological solution to the overlap markers - several option are being investigated. Currently they are applied below the outer surface (the shiny epoxy layer). Because they raise the profile by about 0.1mm they will attract more wear though, than the rest of the section. This is largely dependant on environmental factors as much as anything though, so a lot of clients will only experience this over a longer period of time. My own 22ft SL-X which has been in use longer than any clients has no marker wear at all and the Super-Max44 which has been in use with various clamps for about 10  months has only two sections with marker wear. I am quite fussy about dirt on and in the pole though. As has been said the tolerances between sections are very close, which enables the ground-breaking combination of low weight, rigidity and compactness.

When the markers wear they can be renewed with a thin paint, such as car paint or similar.

Not a great start.

Cheers
Dave.

You should have contacted me when this happened Dave. We have had one or two clients who have experienced 'bonding failure'. Usually this can be simply rectified either back at our workshops or by the user. If contacted about such problems directly we can usually work out a solution within a fairly short time frame. Let me know if it continues to be a problem for you.  :)

drwindows

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 10:16:22 am »

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 10:27:21 am »
only minus .5 on the Care-O-Meter  :(

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 10:41:50 am »

My care-o-meter is at 3.14 - I'm off for a pi(e).  ;)

pingu

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2009, 10:43:34 am »
Alex contacting you for a thing I can rectify myself seems silly given that it would cost us both a load of money and me being without a pole would cost even more

....as for the markers wearing...surely this is not normal..if it is..I doubt they'll last the month let alone a year.

I am suprised however that you are looking into other markers given that this pole has only been out about a 3 weeks.

But yet your poles dont seem to suffer these issues..? I have used this pole for 3,5 days this week and it is suffering already...I only clean windows with it.

Ah well it's only a pole...but do remember I am using this pole as a result of the MK1 being totally useless after a years use...so I am a little less star-struck by the new pole..more that I am watching very carefully how it performs as it should.

I am just being honest thats all.

Dave.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2009, 10:57:58 am »
I will be interested in your 'long-term' findings, keep me updated  :). The new nylon clamps have been designed to reduce section wear when compared to the older style clamps.

matt

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2009, 10:59:18 am »
Because it will make you more money than a harris pole or fibre glass pole.

posts like that ewan and just a little far fetched

i would say the lighter pole will make you more money, as you will be able to work faster and less fatigue