Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

emz_1988_8

Cleaning Rates!
« on: August 13, 2009, 12:55:06 pm »
Hi everyone,

I am thinking about starting my own cleaning business/self employed! I am thinking about domestic cleaning just me to start with and if it picks up then maybe take someone on. What is the going rate for a domestic cleaner? I have to take in account insurance, tax and ni. Just would like to see if it would be worth doing?

Kind Regards
Emma

Platinum NW

Re: Cleaning Rates!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 02:22:49 pm »
Where do you live?
All depends on the area

emz_1988_8

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 04:20:31 pm »
Suffolk area. I would be cleaning in villages as i dont live near a big town

Mike #1

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 08:49:40 am »
i live in the county durham and some body i know charges £10 per hour

tonyoliver

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 11:12:51 pm »
7 per hour  it makes me weep

ian1972

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 04:16:11 pm »
its all gravy

wilclean

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 09:22:30 am »
I live in darlington and the going rate is £8.00 to £8.50 for domestic cleans.

Paul

newclean

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 04:25:12 pm »
£12 per Hour :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

caz16

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 05:11:59 pm »
Hi I a thinking of doing the same, shame we dont live near eachother we could have started together. I have a few already & charge £12 an hour, but would work for £8 an hour, depends on house & area.

I like to price per job rather than by the hour. Sometimes you get the clock watchers, I know i do a good job so the job is worth a certain amount to me. Well  thats at the moment, however when & if I start bigger I proberbly have to charge by the hour.  If you employ remember you have to pay staff, insurance etc. I dont know where to start myself, so maybe we can advise eachother when we find things out.
caz
caz16  :-)

Daria Taylor

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 04:52:59 am »
Hi I a thinking of doing the same, shame we dont live near eachother we could have started together. I have a few already & charge £12 an hour, but would work for £8 an hour, depends on house & area.

I like to price per job rather than by the hour. Sometimes you get the clock watchers, I know i do a good job so the job is worth a certain amount to me. Well  thats at the moment, however when & if I start bigger I proberbly have to charge by the hour.  If you employ remember you have to pay staff, insurance etc. I dont know where to start myself, so maybe we can advise eachother when we find things out.
caz
caz if you doing regular domestic cleans, alot of people dont like paying per job,they prefer per hour, but then i would never do a one off clean on hour rate only per price. Hope this helps, £8 per hour is conciderably cheap round here and that is in yorkshire, even here you will be lookng 8.50 to 9.00ph

simon smith50

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 05:22:24 pm »
if you look at some of the domestic cleaning franchises out there you will see how they price things .
am down in the south and here you can get more than you are quoting for a shelf filler in tescos or similar so you have to remember that you are  running a business , take a look at a few websites such as www..com or google and put in domestic cleaning businesses and home cleaning resources . it is an eye opener . well it was for me anyway
hope this helps
simon
now we're flying
flipper and pole all the way

willrubies

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 12:58:22 pm »
check - cleaning service in London, for refrences