Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Roy Edwards

Charley pads.
« on: August 11, 2009, 12:33:43 pm »
Asked Nick at solutions for 17" Charley pads but they don't stock them anymore.
Anyone know of another supplier or best place to get 10 cotton bonnets.

Thx Roy

Joe H

Re: Charley pads.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 02:04:03 pm »
Charley Pads went to Alltec and up went the price considerably.  ::)
Have you not tried the microfibre pads Solutions Cornwall have.

Roy Edwards

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 09:53:33 pm »
My first, and last conversation with Nick was about Charly Pads.

It was around the time his supplier said NO.

He said they weren't that brilliant anyway, but he had these new micro fibre pads.......

I might be a Carpet Cleaner, but give me some credit.  ::)

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 10:09:24 pm »
I've never rated Charlie Pads anyway, and I proved my point at a previous CCDO but I'm not typing all that out again.
The fact you have a hard face going against a carpet face says they aren't going to be absorbant enough to carry out the job of removing dirt. Yes they do a great job of evening out the dirt to give an even appearence or even dislodging the dirt so it drops to the bottom of the pile, but absorbant they are not.
I've done large jobs with one machine on Charlie pads and one on texatherm pads, pre sprays exactly the same, and it's obvious which is lifting the dirt out.
The proof is in the bucket >:(

stu_thomson

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 10:10:25 pm »
Ill sell you two charly pads which are just worked in for £120 inc postage

stu

apollocleaners@aol.com
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 11:00:27 pm »
Neil

Don't say that on your favourite forum.  :-X ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 11:10:40 pm »
The price went up when the pound to euro nose dived but thay was the excuse wonder if will ever go back?

I've heard good things about Solutions new pads.

Shaun

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 11:12:13 pm »
Don't say that on your favourite forum. 

Trouble is Mike I have spent my life saying what I think, so I'm not always everyones friend, but I can live with it.
If I think someone is spinning me a line then I'll say so, such was the storey about 2 years ago when I saw on a topic about pre spraying a carpet, going out side for 10 minutes, came back in to extract but noticed all the marks had gone.......total bull-s.hit
I'm still waiting for this to happen 2 years on ;D
And just in case you're wondering, Solution products are the first I use, but if that doesn't work I move up the scale to prochem/chemspec and somethings I won't mention on a public forum, but at the end of the day I want results and the customer wants results.....I give results

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 11:24:15 pm »
Spot on I think that if a supplier over sells to us and the product under delivers then obviously it is like when we do the same when we are cleaning for our customers, leaves a bad taste.

Shaun