This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

d s windowcleaning

ro after waste
« on: August 01, 2009, 09:53:33 am »
i connected a spare ro unit up to my waste water pipe yesterday , so that my waste became my inlet . the tds of the pure is 2 so im now filling from 2 units but not wasting as much water .
it minght not be cost effective in the long run with having to replace flters and membranes but time will tell , if it works well over the next few weeks this will save money for people with water meters .
as anyone else tryed using the waste to produce pure ?
if so are you still doing it now ?
where theres muck theres money

matt

Re: ro after waste
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 10:18:49 am »
yes

i connected a spare RO unit to my waste ( i thought the first RO had " had it " but it turned out the cloth partical prefilter had completely gone and nothing was getting though that , when i changed it, the unit was fine )

it worked fine till the RO died, i never did replace the 1 connected to the waste

i find the same results can be obtained from fitting a small tap to the waste pipe and having it 1/4 turned shut, this decreases the flow of the waste ( the only thing to remember is this is likely to reduce your RO membranes life and when you flush, open the tap )