This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

concept

JUST ABOUT HAD ENOUGH OF THIS...
« on: July 30, 2009, 06:26:54 pm »
well...you guessed it...Merlin probs again!

got the new membranes and filter, at 150+, after that told water pressure too low, oh...and that i need new resin due to Merlin not working efficiently because of the low water...so...£230-odd quid lighter...now I need to buy a pump to boost pressure....£100 lighter, so in excess of £300 lighter...and the pump arrives today, with huge anticipation i put it on, and wow...works a treat! firing out a tds of 30 after ro, happy days...

spoke to the supplier, who said it has its own internal cut off when it overheats, and will turn on and off itself, well, after about 20 mins of firing through, guess what?! its been off for 45 mins so far!!

what a total waste of time and money this has been. not happy at all.

so now i have basically a brand new merlin on my hands, that is totally useless with low water pressure that I have, and an equally useless aquatec DDP500 pump which is now nice and cool, but refusing to turn on.

i can't get hold of gaps either to get a 4040 hf5 from them as they are on holiday for another week.

the frustration continues...

SteveAllan

Re: JUST ABOUT HAD ENOUGH OF THIS...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 06:30:10 pm »
Get a Wagtail ;D

matt

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 06:59:19 pm »
get a 100 or 300 gpd ro

GWCS

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 07:17:06 pm »
well...you guessed it...Merlin probs again!

got the new membranes and filter, at 150+, after that told water pressure too low, oh...and that i need new resin due to Merlin not working efficiently because of the low water...so...£230-odd quid lighter...now I need to buy a pump to boost pressure....£100 lighter, so in excess of £300 lighter...and the pump arrives today, with huge anticipation i put it on, and wow...works a treat! firing out a tds of 30 after ro, happy days...

spoke to the supplier, who said it has its own internal cut off when it overheats, and will turn on and off itself, well, after about 20 mins of firing through, guess what?! its been off for 45 mins so far!!

what a total waste of time and money this has been. not happy at all.

so now i have basically a brand new merlin on my hands, that is totally useless with low water pressure that I have, and an equally useless aquatec DDP500 pump which is now nice and cool, but refusing to turn on.

i can't get hold of gaps either to get a 4040 hf5 from them as they are on holiday for another week.

the frustration continues...

I can guarantee you have not got a heavy duty booster pump, just a plain diaphragm pump for about £70 which will not be able to cope with 24/7 output.

I did say!

You have been miss sold that pump totally..

Rob.Hall

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 07:25:24 pm »
Go trad its cheeper  ;)

Only kidding.

Maddening when you cant get it right.

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 07:30:46 pm »
I did tell you to get a 4040. you could have had one of my spares for near on £300 ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Steve CM

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 07:43:34 pm »
I did tell you to get a 4040. you could have had one of my spares for near on £300 ;)

no wonder he didn't take it you were trying to con the poor lad. i think gaps do one about 275 ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 08:03:15 pm »

no wonder he didn't take it you were trying to con the poor lad. i think gaps do one about 275 ;)
Really, thats a very cheap price for a complete 4040, I am  :o

EDITED: gaps 4040 start at £430.00 (£494.50 Including VAT at 15%) from what I see

If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Steve CM

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 08:06:58 pm »
i think i paid about 190 for the membrane and about 95 for the case. you conning git! ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 08:09:24 pm »
i think i paid about 190 for the membrane and about 95 for the case. you conning git! ;D
I dont charge vat  ;D

Steve CM

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 08:10:23 pm »
I dont charge vat  ;D
or offer a guarentee ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 08:33:04 pm »
Simon, im a well again now , give me a call  ;)

peter holley

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 08:35:45 pm »
get a 100 or 300 gpd ro

totally agree  MINE PRODUCES 000TDS ... tap water beween 85-95....
Iv just changed the membrans after nearly3 yrs...I let it go up to 10tds befor I changed the membranes...
 I do use a booster pump , and have used 2 n the 3 yrs .... :)

smearo

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 08:37:16 pm »
concept i told ya mate the booster pump you would need.. shame.. u aint having much luck..

matt

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 08:41:10 pm »
get a 100 or 300 gpd ro

totally agree  MINE PRODUCES 000TDS ... tap water beween 85-95....
Iv just changed the membrans after nearly3 yrs...I let it go up to 10tds befor I changed the membranes...
 I do use a booster pump , and have used 2 n the 3 yrs .... :)

water production need not be complicated, and for the sole trader, you do not need a massive output of water, all this talk of super duper high output water production when you start with WFP, its just not needed, if you find a 100 GPD is too little, then upgrade it with another 100 GPD membrane, its simple

Window Washers

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 08:45:44 pm »
concept i told ya mate the booster pump you would need.. shame.. u aint having much luck..

character building

concept

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 08:56:58 pm »
Concept, you need to do more research when buying something.

It strikes me that you have cherry picked thoughout all of your RO problems and discarded some good advice.

There are systems out there that are available (I have recommended some to you that would do what you need for £200 including pump) without having to get in to such a palavar as you have.

There was a thread running where you were asking about how to sort your Merlin systems problems and taking advice that was useless, like plumbing it in near a washing machine and buying a shed for it!!! What the hell is that all about.

On the same thread you ignored a number of helpful posts....it seems you are cutting corners.

Sorry, dont mean to be nasty about it, but this was seen coming ages ago.

the research was done by the supplier...we thought we would give it a go. as stated, by yourself and others after i had replaced membranes etc, the low pressure was the biggest issue, hence getting a pump that was hopefully suitable...ultimately proved unsuitable, but hey ho.

regarding plumbing it in off the washing machine supply, that was simply a test as my indoor taps are 40psi, whereas the outdoor is under 30psi...

now then, the shed/box thing...that is purely a storage facility, as close to the tap as possible to maintain pressure.

anything else?!

oh...the pumps you recommended, they still could be an option, just on this occasion i took the advice of a supplier, rightly or wrongly.

certainly not cutting any corners, trying so many options, and spending more than i am earning lol

please, dont take the huff with me...x

concept

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 09:00:09 pm »

yeah, they dont sell em anymore  >:(

concept

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 09:01:55 pm »
Simon, im a well again now , give me a call and i'll give you a 4040 ;)

very kind, thanks!

glad you're well again matey, could have done with you the last couple of weeks!!!!!!!!

Window Washers

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2009, 09:06:07 pm »
Simon, im a well again now , give me a call and i'll give you a 4040 (unlikely lol) ;)

very kind, thanks!

glad you're well again matey, could have done with you the last couple of weeks!!!!!!!!
I just spat my dinner over my pc,