This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Carter

Cleantech back pack
« on: May 07, 2005, 03:07:20 pm »
Had a conversation with Mike at Cleantech yesterday. What a nice chap. Deffinitely the place to go if service is important to you.
The reason for the call was because I need another back pack. Apparently he now has an improved version available, so I'm looking forward to what that entails. It's a useful piece of kit, but there was room for improvement. I have one of these so far that a lady associate of mine uses. She's basically turned it into a mini trolley by strapping it to an old shopping trolley so she can wheel it around rather than putting it onto her back. She loves it. The only real down side is the frequency with which she has to refill it.
She & I were wondering how long it will be before someone comes up with such a thing purpose built, rather than our hybrid concoction. Does such a thing exist already to anyones knowledge?. Can others see the benifit?. It would basically be like the DIY trolley discussed here recently, only all in one with a slightly smaller capacity.
Onwards and Upwards...

Simon Carter

Re: Cleantech back pack
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 05:42:51 pm »
Got two, plus two Cleantech. Personally, I'd never buy another trolley off any company. Nothing against the product . I just no longer advocate trolleys. All four of the above spend most of their time in the vehicle. What's the point?. If you want something to lift out, get a back pack to supplement working from the vehicle.
Onwards and Upwards...

cleanthrough

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 05:56:36 pm »
Hello

Would someone be able to show me a picture please

John

Simon Carter

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 10:10:42 am »
Sorry John, no picture, but if you are talking about the Cleantech back pack, try their web site. It's really just a crop sprayer adapted for WFP work. It's just a 16 ltr. container with an integral pump & battery designed to strap on to your back. The idea is mobility & flexibility, & a lot easier to lift out of a vehicle that a 50 ltr. trolley. As I said above, it doesn't have to go onto your back.
Onwards and Upwards...

cleanthrough

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 11:10:08 am »
Hello

Thanks I will have al ook at buying one as it sounds like a cheap way to get in reach and wash

John

Simon Carter

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2005, 12:04:51 pm »
Cheap ..... & simple.  All's you will need in addition is a small RO to generate sufficient  water for your needs & an 18ft. pole which is also cheap. What this will enable you to do is the top windows of the vast majority of residential properties. You can carry on doing ground floor with your squeegee whilst you get use to things. Thereafer, you can reinvest & up grade.
Onwards and Upwards...

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2005, 04:06:00 pm »
Hello

John

I think this is the one:

http://cleantech.co.uk/catalogue/product_reviews.php?cPath=25_84&products_id=587

As Simon said, you'd have to purchase a few other items to get going, such as:

An RO unit.
A pure water storage container.
A pole.
A brush head.
Containers for storing your water in your vehicle to replinish the back pack.

Also the reviews are genuine.  I'd recognise Vince Cobbold's written work anywhere!

Simon,

Is this the new and improved version, or is there another comming out?

Also, I was thinking that; because of the requirement to constantly re-fill the thing; a sack trolley with a 25 litre water container would be usefull to help cut down on constant journeys back to my car.

What do you reckon?

Regards,

Tosh.

replacement

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2005, 06:34:44 pm »
John,
        Ominpole do back packs as well with a trolley, not sure what the extra cost is for the trolley part thou.

http://www.omnipole.com/omnitrolley.htm 3rd one along is the trolley with the backpack.

Justin

cleanthrough

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2005, 07:16:45 pm »
Hello

I didn't realise I had to buy extras, I thought it was enough to just use the backpack

What does "replinish the back pack" mean?
Or do you mean replenish? and does this involve getting more power or water

Can I just buy the pure water from a shop 

Has anyone got a cheap second hand pole they would like to sell me?

Many thanks

John

Duke

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2005, 07:32:48 pm »
yes, replenish...as in re-fill with water, though it could mean re-charge the battery I guess. There are places you can buy water.. but no idea where the nearest would be to you.
I wouldn't go down that route though...it can be pricey, long term. Your best bet would be to start with a DI and make your own, but, if your pocket can stand it and you have somewhere to keep it....get an RO unit and tank.
You will still need to buy a pole though. Not sure I'd go for a second hand one....if you don't know what you are buying through having no experience....you could end up with a real banger. Not sure what the rest of you think...what's the depreciation rate on a well used pole ?
The 'backpack' is basically a container with a pump and battery that is designed to be worn like a rucksack....the water and pole(s) are something else you need. You'd be able to buy all that (minus the water) as a kit....but all are priced seperately...you wont get all that for the price of a 'backpack'....if that was what you were thinking....

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2005, 08:04:20 pm »
Used this trolley for a couple of years worked great though towards the end I would leave it on the vehicle, but very usefull if mobility was needed
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

cleanthrough

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2005, 08:06:17 pm »
Hello

Thankyou very much.
I think I will call one of the shops.
I thought for about £250 I could get a full set-up.
I cant afford much more as my partner and I have just splashed out on a health spa weekend.
His ideas, not myn, I would of put the money into a new bed

Whats so good about reach and wash anyway
Me and my partner have been cleaning windows for years with ladders and squeege's and we have had no problems.

Thankyou for the picture, Is that the omnitrolly, I reconise the barrell from thier site
Thanks

John

Duke

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2005, 08:17:39 pm »
lol...

matt

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2005, 08:50:23 pm »
Hello

John

Also, I was thinking that; because of the requirement to constantly re-fill the thing; a sack trolley with a 25 litre water container would be usefull to help cut down on constant journeys back to my car.

What do you reckon?

Regards,

Tosh.

thats a cracking idea tosh  ;D ;D

ive seen the same idea recently

matt

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2005, 08:57:11 pm »
Hello

Thankyou very much.
I think I will call one of the shops.
I thought for about £250 I could get a full set-up.
I cant afford much more as my partner and I have just splashed out on a health spa weekend.
His ideas, not myn, I would of put the money into a new bed

Whats so good about reach and wash anyway
Me and my partner have been cleaning windows for years with ladders and squeege's and we have had no problems.

Thankyou for the picture, Is that the omnitrolly, I reconise the barrell from thier site
Thanks

John

you can get setup for about 550 quid

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2005, 09:29:07 pm »
Used this trolley for a couple of years worked great though towards the end I would leave it on the vehicle, but very usefull if mobility was needed
this 1 is very similar to mine
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

cleanthrough

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2005, 12:14:33 am »
Hello

Does that clean windows?

How did you make it?

I'm sure that it's a great tool and would love to hear more about it, were did you purchace the parts etc etc etc etc

John

Simon Carter

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2005, 04:37:44 pm »
Alan,
What's with the number plate on your home made trolley?. I'm wondering did you attach it to a tow bar?.
My business involves helping others get into window cleaning. This used to be easy. A ladder & a squeegee & off they went. Heady days. So much more involved since the advent of water fed poles.
I'm still trying to establish the perfect combo. as a starter set up. Lifting a trolley in & out of a vehicle umpteen times a day is not ideal, even just a 25 ltr. one. I've thought about trailers, but again as a start off, that adds to the expense. I have asked manufacturers about towing trolleys of the 50 ltr. plus variety, but have been advised against it. I can't think why else you would have a number plate on yours unless your were towing it ?. Please tell me this is the reason as I can really see the benifit if it is safe & legal.
Onwards and Upwards...

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2005, 07:33:39 pm »
Alan,
What's with the number plate on your home made trolley?. I'm wondering did you attach it to a tow bar?.
Simon If you look close you will see that the trolley is of the ground as I devised an attachment that bolts onto the tow bar allowing the trolley to be hooked onto the vehicle to transport it without having to put into the vehicle the system is very easy to use, you push trolley forward unhook from vehicle, allow trolly to come backwards untill wheels touch ground then then leen back a little way further and unhook the base from the tow bar...you now have a portable trolley...

I improved it latter by adding a bigger hose reel that held 50 mtrs of hose, I also extended the water feed hose into the vehicle so that when the water ran out all I had to do was put the hose into another barrel without having to haul it out, Put the pole onto the roof rack and you have a system that can be in action quicker than it takes to get ladders of the vehicle.
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

Simon Carter

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2005, 03:51:20 pm »
Hi Alan, Just got round to reading your reply & I have one word for you ..... Thanks.
Is what you've done there unique ?. It's certainly a first on me. What a fab piece of lateral thinking. I think so anyway, but that's because my business involves setting people up in their own rounds & I don't want their choice of vehicle to restict them. Your point about it being as simple if not simpler than taking a ladder on & off sums it up.
If it wasn't for the fact that  technically I'm a complete dork, I'd have a go at this. I'm going to have to give it some serious thought anyway.
Any little bits of further advice to set me on my way ?
Onwards and Upwards...