Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AJB

Re: PUB CLEAN
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 07:20:21 pm »
I do a High School every year that is plastered in chewing gum. When i originally tendered
i put on the tender that only some of the chewing gum would be removed, that which was sat
proud of the Bitumin backing. Another quote included £1.50 per blob, his quote was £9500 for
the 1800 SqM they wanted cleaning that year. Glad he was such an a**ehole. Some of the smaller classrooms are more chewing gum than carpet!!

If i'm in the mood i use Craftex chewing gum remover (Very quick).

If theres lots of time Craftex orange Gel ( slowly soak),
or more often than not, if the wand doesn't shift it, it stays put.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

Len Gribble

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2009, 07:32:40 pm »
A few years ago ask to do a quote O’Neill’s Bexleyheath see the picture above the paten, gum was just like that with a bit more black top, gum removal about £750 carpets £650, glad he told me where to go! Understand they had some bonnet boys in there. ;D

Oh I may do a few free that’s the ones I can see ;)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2009, 06:06:37 pm »
One of the best things we ever did was tell our pub customers we DON'T remove chewing gum. At first glance that might seem like a silly thing to say, but we lost not one of many Breweries that gave us work.
The reason we did is this. One day we were cleaning a pub in in Wirrall and the manager insisted that remove every single chewing gum deposit of which there were hundreds, which we duly did. Low and behold at nine o'clock the cleaners show up and open their cleaning cupboard to reveal a shelf full of Chewing Gum Freezer, which obviously they had never used.
We rang the Area Manager and told him from now on we were no longer doing it. 'Why?' he asked, 'Because we only clean the carpet every few years and so apart from the day it is cleaned, all the rest of the time there is chewing gum on it. But if the cleaners did it on a daily basis then there would be NO chewing gum on it ALL of the time!' He thanked me saying I had done him a favour because now he could solve the chewing gum problem, not just in that pub, but in all of the pubs in the chain.
You're not solving the chewing gum problem by removing it for them, but by telling them you don't do it and that it is something that should be done on a daily, not bi-annual basis, you actually help them solve the whole problem, not just some it.

Simon

And if you're really on the ball you sell them the chemicals to do it-then you build bridges so that they always come back to you for the cleaning.
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way