This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

concept

harris pole alternative?
« on: June 27, 2009, 08:43:31 pm »
what non-homemade alternatives are there to the harris pole?

like the weight and feel of the harris, however, feels too "homemade" for my liking.

whats a professional alternative?

Steve CM

Re: harris pole alternative?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 08:53:11 pm »
harris poles are v.good concept. thats all we use now as chuck away poles. for the amount of money they are i don't think they can be beaten!

concept

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 08:56:05 pm »
today i used mine and the screw worked loose, fortunately i was at a relatives so managed to borrow his drill, and whacked a bolt through it to keep it all steady, could have been embarrassing if it was at a customers.

still, mended and worked well through the rest of the day!  ;D

just wondered if there was a reasonably priced, decent alternative.

GWCS

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 08:56:44 pm »
harris poles are v.good concept. thats all we use now as chuck away poles. for the amount of money they are i don't think they can be beaten!

Just bought one today looks and feels very study for the price!

@ concept - Are you looking to use a wfp brush or a general applicator on the end?

concept

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 08:57:40 pm »
wfp  8)

Steve CM

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 08:59:26 pm »
i think we have gone through about 10 or so and not once has the screw worked loose. in fact its taken me ages if i want to get the screw top out to use on a new pole. maybe your not converting it right?

concept

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 09:01:39 pm »
i think we have gone through about 10 or so and not once has the screw worked loose. in fact its taken me ages if i want to get the screw top out to use on a new pole. maybe your not converting it right?

well....i watched ians video aaaaaallllllll the way through ;) honest!  ;D

if you count looking at the 1st 5 seconds to see what parts you need and fast forwarding all the way to the complete pole as watching it all the way through?!  8)

Steve CM

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 09:05:15 pm »

well....i watched ians video aaaaaallllllll the way through ;) honest!  ;D

ian said they wobble. he don't convert the the same way i do  ;) not once have we had that issue

if you count looking at the 1st 5 seconds to see what parts you need and fast forwarding all the way to the complete pole as watching it all the way through?!  8)

mileslake

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 09:07:07 pm »
They are great but I find them far too heavy.  Fishing poles are much better for me. I use a gangster for houses and a F16 plus extra base sections if necessary for very high.

Steve CM

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 09:08:44 pm »
heavy? are your arms made from matchsticks?  ;D when i bought my first system i had a 30ft streamline glass fibre pole. I still have it today. Its bomb proof but you need to be arnie to use it at even 2 storys!! ;D harris poles are light as anything

concept

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 09:10:15 pm »
deffo not too heavy like, maybe i am too used to my caber tho  8)

Steve CM

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2009, 09:12:03 pm »
if i were to work on my own i would probably go for something like the sl-x but as my equipment gets treated with no respect the harris poles will do just fine ;)

concept

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2009, 09:16:44 pm »
you dont pay the boys enough then!

either that, or dont threaten them enough!
 ;)

Steve CM

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2009, 09:20:12 pm »
i pay the boys hansom mate. 8) you have to look at things in a different light when its employing. Its all damage limitation

concept

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2009, 09:33:47 pm »
maybe i should come work for you!

Steve CM

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2009, 09:34:39 pm »
all booked out mate sorry. no room in the inn ;D ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2009, 10:34:42 pm »
Pretty darn nice inn I must say  ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

concept

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2009, 10:42:01 pm »

matt

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2009, 11:28:17 pm »
heavy? are your arms made from matchsticks?  ;D when i bought my first system i had a 30ft streamline glass fibre pole. I still have it today. Its bomb proof but you need to be arnie to use it at even 2 storys!! ;D harris poles are light as anything

having asked the question on here and getting a few e.mails about it

its heavy compared to fishing poles, which i think just about sums the fishing pole up

concept

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2009, 11:41:45 pm »
if the fishing poles are good enough, why dont you make them and take them to market?

as an alternative to whats out there, there are a lot of us, i am sure, that dont want to pay full whack for a pole from the usual suspects, but would happily pay for something as good if not better, but not have to make it ourselves.

i have read a lot of your posts with interest matt, and i am surprised you aren't sitting back on a beach somewhere, posting us from your iphone....as you've clearly got an eye for the alternatives out there, you come across as a bit of a diy pioneer, maybe you are missing a trick?!