This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Is it me?
« on: June 22, 2009, 09:44:32 pm »
When I get a customer who turns me away I rarely bother to go back.
Cleaning several months ago - "are you doing mine today?" yes I said, "well I don't want them done" no explaination no apology nothing, just shuts the door. Month later she contacts my wife and requests I clean her windows because she was getting married that weekend, rollocks I told the wife, i'm too busy. She keeps asking but to be honest I really don't want to do them. Should I be more professional with the notion that the customer is always right or walk away?

dave0123

Re: Is it me?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 09:46:35 pm »
Tell her why you dont want to do them!! otherwise she will think your just not reliable
Dave.

edd

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 09:47:13 pm »
smile and wave boys smile and wave !!sod umm ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D never ever ever ever ever go back

Bazzy1999

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 09:50:29 pm »
rollocks and walk away....... ;D

jouk45

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 09:53:02 pm »
be professional, and tell her since shes been away the prices have gone up  ;D

cozy

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 09:56:58 pm »
I've had exactly that today, from a good payer & good price. Her husband is just back from Afghanistan and within first 3 days, he apparently cleaned his own windows  ???

I hope he keeps cleaning them, because I won't.

The flipside to this coin is, a happy customer tells 10 people, an unhappy 1 tells 30, but I can live with that.

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 10:00:02 pm »
I suppose you could explain why you havent gone back, it doesnt mean you are looking to get back together and be custy/cleaner friends mates etc. It just means he/she/it/them know why.

If she then persists and ASKS you to go back you could then say 'no...I told you why  not.' I would do it that way I think.

Or sell it to slrobo  ;D  ;D

ftp

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 10:01:30 pm »
I have several who may skip a clean. If they are polite or have a good reason I normally let them off. This one really peed me off, she works in the same supermarket as my wife so it could be bad for buisiness if I don't or it could be good for me in showing other potential messers that i won't have it.

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 10:05:49 pm »
Probably you shouldn't do it, but i refuse to act petulantly just to prove i am right.Very often this leads to the customer getting the better of me, because they too like the last word and the idea of payback (or don't pay) at all time.

The business books say that your worst customers cost you money, and you make 80% of your money from your best 20% of customers.

As Regards turning you away she probably didn't give it a second thought, and you probably behaved nonchalantly as if you werent bothered which reinforced this. If she knew you were on a wcing forum obsessing over a minor incident that happened months ago she would probably be very surprised.

I think you should go back and consider it character building.

matt

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 10:14:56 pm »
i dont normally go back

life is too short to worry about these things, fook em

peter holley

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 11:39:46 pm »
 ::) ::) ::) oh well nevermind....anoter wek of dirty windows wont hurt ::)

wfp master

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 11:48:01 pm »
tell her to get someone else to take the p**ss out.drop it

Dave Turley

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 06:13:46 am »
Book the job in, they don’t clean the windows if you don’t feel like it.

If you don’t end up cleaning them, and she contacts you later, just tell her.

"Well I don't want to do them" just shut the door or put the phone down!

;D

lol, good one.
don't do them, it would be bad for morale.

tomy jackson

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 07:45:12 am »
a bit dif , last muth how much for windows x can you do em next muth then every munth ,yes ,gos yesterday start washing she comes out i who asked you to wash the windows gesr that lives hear wots his name i dont  kow his name o il ring him as iv moved next door he comes home and says when youv dun that one come and see me , off

Craig 72

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 08:00:11 am »
The position I'm in,(not many customers yet),I would probably just do them.If had a full round of customers I would happily tell her where to stick it.

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, 08:04:09 am »
When I get a customer who turns me away I rarely bother to go back.
Cleaning several months ago - "are you doing mine today?" yes I said, "well I don't want them done" no explaination no apology nothing, just shuts the door. Month later she contacts my wife and requests I clean her windows because she was getting married that weekend, rollocks I told the wife, i'm too busy. She keeps asking but to be honest I really don't want to do them. Should I be more professional with the notion that the customer is always right or walk away?

It really does depoend on the circumstances for me.
If it's in the middle of loads of other work and the customer has a good track record then I will probably let it go and return.  I may be tempted to try and get them to sign T & Cs that stipulate paying for half the clean if turned away.

AJ

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 05:15:07 pm »
be professional, and explain to her that due to the economic crisis she would be much better off doing them her f ing self.

macmac

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 05:38:21 pm »
Tell her you're too busy with reliable, loyal customers!

Or, get your wife to get her boss to tell her that he doesn't need her that day when she next walks in to work!!

On the other hand, you're in a position now Dave to do what the hell you like with her, it's your business, which relies on a steady income! Do what your instinct tells you & you won't go far wrong. ;)

pingu

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 06:05:47 pm »
Just had this same situation this morning..

I clean in a well to do little road...in Feb this lady walks over says she has seen me cleaning for a couple of years and would I do her....yes...all explained and being regular, every 8 weeks, notice period to advise us when they are on hols or something like that...

Anyway...I go to clean it for the 1st time...everything goes well... 8 weeks later I go back and back gate locked ( being open is a stipulation of ours)...so I leave a note to say I'll be back in 2 days...she phones and says its not convienent...so would like a skip...so that would be another 8 weeks..so we just let it go...and took her off George.

This morning she comes over...all nicey..."could you clean ours today?"...no sorry but I'm full as I had to fill your space as we work with set days....she then all apologised....but the way she spoke to the g/f the last time like she was lady Muck....I saidthen to the g/f  I would'nt take her back...

Some people...she had our t&c's and agreed to them and then decided to play around..whilst I appricate the we are 'just' window cleaners and our services are not life and death...but I did actually enjoy this morning. Being at a comfortable level of business income is nice to be able t make these calls...2 years ago I would have eaten the humble pie and sucked it up.

Dave.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2009, 06:32:00 pm »
She just needs training. Normally i would drop her if her attitude was poor but if your wife works with her then that puts a different dimension on it. Is your wife embarrassed? If not then drop drop dropity drop!
It's a game of three halves!