Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ABLECLEAN

Sprinter Vans
« on: April 28, 2005, 05:19:33 pm »

Is there anyone out there using a MB Sprinter van and if so , what do you think of them?

Re: Sprinter Vans
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 05:29:08 pm »
Hi

Had 2 both let me down big time very expensive to put right, but we may have just been unlucky

Best regards Nick

adl

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 08:00:15 pm »
I have sprinters long wheel base, they are an unbelievable machine

regards dave ADL

ABLECLEAN

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 01:21:56 pm »
Thanks Dave     My Mechanic who only charges me £22 an hour says they are fairly cheap to repair and easy to work on
has anyone else found this? :D

Len Gribble

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 06:34:14 pm »
A couple of mates have them they think there are the bees knees, but are only jealous of me as I have a carnivorous Vito.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Liahona

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 08:03:18 pm »
best vans out there and the only ones that keep there value, i know mine was nicked.

stains-away

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 08:39:57 pm »
I know a guy whos got several refridgerated sprinters, hes got several on their original engines now over 400k miles and has just got rid of one with over 500k on it, their regularly serviced but worked hard,cant say fairer than that!!

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 11:43:22 pm »
They  certainly Sprint

Do not like position of pedals or hanbreak.

Much to big for mt needs

But i would say Idea    lfor Truckmount giving you room for extra equipment

BRSL

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 10:39:59 am »
Its personal choice as anything

Ive mainly used sprinters and transits with TM's, my van is now a lwb transit, Sprinters are V good vans but well over priced imo, and in my experiance there not very reliable compared to the transit and cost a lot more to put right, plus they burn more fuel and dont hold the road as well, if you have a heavy right foot ive been led to belive  ::) ::) that when they get to 80 n obove they jump from lane to lane when the wind hits them, the ride is not a good one,

Why look at mwb, if you are looking at TM to go in it lwb all the way and high top too and if buying new get sliding doors either side

James
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2006, 09:13:09 pm »
A good friend of mine is on his 3rd Sprinter, he says that he would never have anything else.

This one has 2 rows of seats, windows in the sliding doors, and there is still enough room in the back for all the gear you need.

Last summer he drove to Spain and back in it with the family, and reported a comfortable journey all the way.

He reports incredible reliability and excellent fuel economy, plus it's very comfortable, quiet and smooth, even on spanish potholed roads  (I can vouch for that as a passenger : but I flew as far as Alicante)

Mercedes Benz certainly sets the right image of quality and success.

tomh

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2006, 12:03:50 am »
there deffinitly the kiddy ! i know a courier done over 400k & other than service's tyres ect very little has been replaced ! comfortable & great view of the road i think simlar mpg as a transit

PaulKing

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2006, 08:28:38 am »
Had a 208MWB and i was great but 08 engine is underpowered if you are carrying a tm and tanks

Transit are the same money at the moment because deals on but you get no extra from Merc ( not even a cd just a tape) Ford give you electric evevrything.

VW LT is the same body and they are bringing out a new model summertime  so look out for a pricefall on the old models soon
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Liahona

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2006, 12:45:03 pm »
Mercedes or a Ford and you have to ask?

PaulKing

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2006, 08:33:41 pm »
Spoke to the VW man today and he reckons he can beat Renault prices on contract hire, knew they are keen to sell vans with all the TV advertising but not that keen.

Might be worth your cheking out if your in the market, VW Van centre have nice coffee and free biccys ( jammy dodgers/custard creams/bourbons) hell works for me.

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2006, 08:52:00 pm »
Watch out for the engine management systems on the newer VWs. I know a caterer who's just bought one, and had to travel to a further away VW dealer, as his local one does'nt have the diagnostic equipment.

Expensive to put right as well.

Dave

PaulKing

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2006, 09:04:09 pm »
VW set up van centres that have all the bits and bobs, as for no diagnostic equipmet sounds very poor service indead as mot manfactures make them buy all the toys or else will definatly keep my eyes peeled next time I am in. Thanks for the heads up.