Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Washers

Prochem Courses Anyone been on one?
« on: June 11, 2009, 08:50:14 am »
Hi all,
I am just about to aquire one of their carpet cleaning machines secondhand and will be cleaning carpets on a part time basis to earn some extra money. I have no experience with carpet cleaning as yet so do not not how easy it would be to learn the machine and the business.

Just wondered if anyone had been on any of the Prochem Upholstery and Carpet Cleaning courses.
If so what did you think.
1) A good investment in time and money?
2) Educational?

I am thinking of signing up for one in Manchester but will have to take a day off work and I will incur some travelling expenses as I live about 150 miles away.

Thanks for your comments.

Re: Prochem Courses Anyone been on one?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 08:56:25 am »
Training is as important as the machine itself and I would have thought the Prochem course is a good course to set you off. I've done 1 course and been running my outfit for a year... I plan on doing an IICRC course soon and I am also looking at doing the prochem course too. Some of the guys on here are well seasoned to put it politely, but they still attend courses as refreshers!

markpowell

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 09:02:47 am »
Hi all,
I am just about to aquire one of their carpet cleaning machines secondhand and will be cleaning carpets on a part time basis to earn some extra money. I have no experience with carpet cleaning as yet so do not not how easy it would be to learn the machine and the business.

Just wondered if anyone had been on any of the Prochem Upholstery and Carpet Cleaning courses.
If so what did you think.
1) A good investment in time and money?
2) Educational?

I am thinking of signing up for one in Manchester but will have to take a day off work and I will incur some travelling expenses as I live about 150 miles away.

Thanks for your comments.

Where are you based?
Mark

dave123

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 02:05:14 pm »
I agree with Colin about always doing courses.There's always new new chemicals coming onto the market & new ways to do things .I am looking to do a course in spot and stain removal .Just missed one that was being done by The Big Clean at Epsom .You are never too old to learn new tricks .Prochems courses are good as i Ashby's both give you a booklet and when new they become your bible.Always keep mine handy in the van .

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 03:45:01 pm »
Did the Prochem course 10 years ago, having been cleaning (ahem!) for 3 months.

It really opened my eyes. I had no idea the things that could go wrong.

For weeks after the course I would wake in the middle of the night panicking that a carpet had shrunk or the colours run on a suite.

Ignorance would only have been bliss until I got the first call complaining. Once it was clear that I wasn't getting complaints (as a result of practising what I had learnt) it gave my confidence a huge boost.

GO for it!
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

absolutecleaning

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 05:00:30 pm »
The prochem course was the first one I did as well but although it taught it me a lot it was more product led than others I have done since.

Si