This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Michael Monk

Who really uses a Holster?
« on: April 27, 2005, 01:03:57 am »
I've been debating on buying a holster that holds the squeegee and scrubber head. I'm sure they have their place for certain jobs.. just curious.. how many of you guys really use them? or do most of you just change each attachment and put in the dry side of your bucket? I have a double sided bucket . wet and dry .. well, kinda dry anyway  ;D
it's hard to kiss the lips at night that chew your (_(_) allday long. :)

The Bear

Re: Who really uses a Holster?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 06:51:31 am »
If you mean a "bucket on a belt" then I wouldn't be without mine.

If you mean do I carry a fire-arm, sorry its not nescessary in my area!! ;D

Ian Rochester

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 07:30:26 am »
BOAB, an essential tool especially if you are up ladders.

I have watched people in the past climb up ladders with application in one hand, blade in the other and a cloth over their shoulder, wet window and put applicator on sill, next thing applicator has gone and hit oppo on head, or worse still landed in the borders and got covered in soil.

We all use BOAB's, ettore pouches, mini scrapers and microfibre cloths.

I took on a wc last year who had previously worked for his brother, he knocked the whole belt issue saying he didn't need it, now he won't go out without it.

It's faster and safer.

Michael Monk

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 07:38:26 am »
Thanks guys.. I may get one in the near future.

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 07:52:29 am »
belt bucket, wouldnt be without one when doing trad method also srim pouch, keeps yer hands free.
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Ian_Giles

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 08:36:40 am »
Couldn't agree more, BOAB and pouches are essential pieces of equipment.
Looks way more professional too.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

s.hughes

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 09:03:49 am »
Bucket on a belt for me. But only use the bucket for a holder I never have water in it. It keeps the applicater clean and wet for ages.

Steveyboy

Philip Hanson

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 09:50:44 am »
Bucket-on-a-belt and (Sidekick by Ettore) is one of those devices that you don't realise just how good it is until you've tried it, and then you wonder how you ever managed before!

I remember very clearly the summer that Unger launched the very first BOAB, and Ettore manufactured their "SideKick"

At first I thought it wouldn't be much use, but I shelled out the £15 or so that it cost in those days, and immediately decided never to be without one again.

Later, they improved the design to hold 2 squeegees and also included a quick-release clip that meant you didnt have to undo your belt to remove it. (Handy for jumping in the car, best to remove it then as the water can spill down your leg)

These days, I still see window cleaners without them, and I feel like lending them mine so they can see just how useful they are.

Like everything, they take some getting used to, but they are without a doubt a superb invention that no window cleaner should be without!  Give it one week, and you'll wonder how you managed before!

Unger bucket-on-a-belt

Ettore Side-Kick
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

matt

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 10:22:22 am »
unger boab for me

agree'd

its a must have tool

s.hughes

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 04:56:55 pm »
ettore side kick for me. Only problem is the holder is small and when you put your appliactor in it tends to squeese it a bit anfd water runs over.

Steveyboy

Michael Monk

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2005, 05:45:53 pm »
Thanks for the feedback guys..the more business I pick up I'll be sure to get a BOAB.. thanks again.

karlosdaze

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2005, 09:59:21 pm »
Dont get the leather holster, squeegee sticks, water drips, and only really useful for a hammer.

rosskesava

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2005, 10:11:21 pm »
Yup. I am a recent convert to a BOAB also.

Last Monday I sat down in a plastic chair and soon after realised I was sitting in a puddle.

Wouldn't be without it though.

Michael Monk

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2005, 10:24:49 pm »
A BOAB it is.. are any really better than others on design? I'm one of those guys that trys to buy the best first instead of buying whats cheap and find I should of purchased something later.. But I have found out that somethings cheap work just as well as the name brands.any thoughts?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2005, 10:44:07 pm »
I had older Unger single applicator and channel and now have larger quick release one that is a bit bigger and lets you hold two channels (as per PH's picture). I'd never be without it for trad. work.
It's a game of three halves!

Ian Rochester

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2005, 05:45:03 am »
I prefer the old style Unger BOAB, though just bought a new style one on Saturday and been giving it a go yesterday, holder for applicator is slightly smaller and scraper holder is in different place, but other than that it is fine.

Jon T.C.

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2005, 06:21:38 pm »
Dont get the leather holster, squeegee sticks, water drips, and only really useful for a hammer.

Tried BOAB and couldn't get on with it. Use a double holster with a 4" and 14" blades and carry applicator. Have done for 10 years!!! Horses for courses I suppose
Elite Cleaning Solutions

karlosdaze

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2005, 06:20:49 pm »

Tried BOAB and couldn't get on with it. Use a double holster with a 4" and 14" blades and carry applicator. Have done for 10 years!!! Horses for courses I suppose
Obviously you don't do alot of inside work?

Marc's on the Glass, LLC

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2005, 07:06:16 pm »
I use an Ettore side-kick also...  For me, time savers are a big plus.  The BOAB lets you carry some extras around and make fewer trips back to your bucket.  You may only save a few minutes at each job.  Multiply that by 20-30 stores and you're saving 1 hour!!!

Also, because I do mostly commercial, I hav a lot of BIG glass.  So I use a 36" channel.  That saves me loads of time.  But I keep my shorter channels with me in my BOAB for when I get to smaller windows far away from bucket, see?

Michael Monk

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2005, 05:29:31 am »
Thanks clear View.. I was thinking about the Pulex holster.. same as the BOAB I assume..but I am a ettore guy.. may stick with their products.