Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

richyp

working in pairs
« on: June 07, 2009, 04:27:34 pm »
do any of you guys work in pairs and if so is it possible o make decent money that way?

nick p

Re: working in pairs
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 04:43:02 pm »
yes i have worked as a pair only on large commercials though and yes it has speeded the job up for me to earn more money in less time

Len Gribble

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 07:55:12 pm »
When you say pairs do you mean helper or experienced cc’er? Don’t think you can price match.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

richyp

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 08:03:08 pm »
my employee len

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 08:30:20 pm »
Actually it's a great idea, I have a friend who is a CC and he has 2 lads on one van, he's porti and litterally can get them to clean a suite between them in an hour, doesn't do anything less than 2 carpets and still hits a good goal a day, okay he's cheap but can do a suite and a carpet in just over an hour and gets about the £70.00 or at Xmas piggy backs them with a 3rd helper so dropping 1 man off at a job and then the 2 do a job together and tehn comes back to get the first cleaner.

I have often thought about it but I hate employing staff as I've had my fingers burnt before but I will again but not just yet.

Shaun

richyp

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 08:36:29 pm »
was that using 2 machines shaun?

murky

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 06:32:14 pm »
I agree with Shaun on this.

Employees only  nick your work or go off and buy a machine and van and then go off and nick your work.

A good 'water boy'  will cut a 1/3 of a job, not a 1/2, I found it just doesnt work that way.

The one good ting about another bod with you is that you can make them go and do the leaflets to the neighbours while you are loading the van, and that does work 'cos we all know how much we all hate the leaflets dont we?

Murky

robert meldrum

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 06:51:55 pm »
Done this with employees and for a few years my wife ( a lot younger than me ) .

What we found was that two people working in an organised way could consistently do the work of three working alone.

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 09:21:42 pm »
I'd agree with Robert.

Just having another body around makes you work harder as well. Imagine you're in an empty house and it's the lst job of the day and you're tired.

You may be tempted to skimp the job or you could find yourself going slower and slower.

The second person motivates you and gees you up to keep going.

By having that second person, the y can be worth their weight in gold but you are also buying time, by finishing earlier, or you can slot an extra job in at very short notice which can comfortably pay their wages for the day.
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 10:42:26 pm »
I agree Roger, you just have to keep them motivated.

Shaun

Ian Rochester

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 10:49:06 pm »
I nearly always send a team of two out on carpet cleaning jobs, one technician and one labourer.

Reduces time setting up and packing up, moving furniture, prespraying, spotting, feeding hoses up stairs, etc, etc.  I also get them to leaflet drop if they have spare time.

More than pays for itself.

Len Gribble

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 07:14:29 pm »
Richy

No longer employ once had 80 in various sites how’s the titan going?

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

richyp

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 08:09:43 pm »
len

titan has went back to base

Len Gribble

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 08:59:19 pm »
Richy

Rock on so it should! Mine has just cost me £120 for 2 x 50ft of hose what a difference in productivity and power. Can’t wait till I join the big boys in this game and buy a superior machine brand name with out any heart attack fingers crossed.

Len

Dennis

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2009, 09:40:19 pm »
Worked with my missus for around 10 years.
In my opinion on your own you are only worth 3/4 of a person but 2 of you are worth 3, if you see what I mean.

robert meldrum

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 11:07:06 pm »
Yeahhhhhh Dennis

Think I read that somewhere !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeremy

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2009, 05:58:52 am »
I would never dream of sending a bloke out by himself. My portable teams consist of 1 van, 2 machines. How do you lift machines up and down stair cases. How do you successfully move furniture etc.

Average 3 bedrooms done in 45 mins.

My truck mount team usually consists of 3 people (duel wand machine). These guys can rip through a house in minutes. They have been known to do 7 houses in one day, and ontop of this, they have never had one re-do this year.They are also my fixit team (when the porty team can't get it right)

Jeremy

Dennis

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2009, 11:17:58 am »
Yeahhhhhh Dennis

Think I read that somewhere !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yes so you did.  ;D

Don't know if your wife was like mine, used to disappear for half an hour and would be with the customer discussing one of decor/clothes/makeup or jewellery. She called it customer relations!  ;D

richyp

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2009, 07:05:34 pm »
len

havent got my full refund yet suprise suprise, if i dont get it soon i am going to slate campain them. ave wasted s much time on it

Len Gribble

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2009, 07:59:36 pm »
Richy

When you say full refund what did you get back less postage I take it?  I would give them till Monday 22nd time 1600hrs them come out all blazing. Glad I didn’t recommend them! ??? ::) :P :-X

Len