This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

drive surgeon

whirlaway nozzles??
« on: May 31, 2009, 09:49:37 pm »
is the right nozzles to fit whirlaway  1502 ?

the machine is 15 litres per minute 13 hp

drivewasher

Re: whirlaway nozzles??
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 05:51:40 pm »
Yes!

15 is the fan angle IE 15degrees. 02 is the oriface size hence 1502
I'm always in the poo, it's just the depth that varies

drive surgeon

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 06:42:57 pm »
brill steve, i was going to phone you to be honest, will be in touch soon matey!!

trevor perry

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 08:11:37 pm »
i have always used 25 degree fan angle do you find 15 to be better
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

drive surgeon

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 12:24:59 pm »
jesus i put the 15 02 in and its taking off!!!  its well better, more pressure!!

dandandan

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 08:50:56 pm »
Do you have to go over your jobs with a turbo nozzle after using fsc?

surrey pressure clean

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 10:02:06 pm »
hi there i was talking to a guy that services  pressure washers your machine has to be set up to the flow rate and psi. i have a 2900psi machine flow rate is 15 litres a min that should be running on a 0.45 to 0.5 also if you are having problems with getting weeds out of jobs try this in one arm of the flatsurface cleaner put a 0 degree jet with a 15 or 25 in the other arm but you have to walk that bit slower.

chris

dandandan

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 10:33:37 pm »
I had the pressure tested and the nozzles changed.It is a 20 inch whirlaway.I honestly can`t imagine getting the pressure i get from my turbo nozzle out of any fsc.I personally don`t think they are worth the room on the van.

drive surgeon

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 05:44:51 pm »
i saw a guy the other day using a twin turbo nozzle from sweepfast.  jesus it was tearing the floor off!!!  lol      im defo getting one,  two turbos working together, twice the cleaning power. :o

the fsc are ok but no were near the pressure of a turbo. :(

trevor perry

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 05:39:08 pm »
i saw a guy the other day using a twin turbo nozzle from sweepfast.  jesus it was tearing the floor off!!!  lol      im defo getting one,  two turbos working together, twice the cleaning power. :o

the fsc are ok but no were near the pressure of a turbo. :(
i  was going to try and adapt a flat surface cleaner to fit two turbo nozzles but been too busy, it could easily be done i think when i get round to it then it will be the dogs danglies.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

mk1

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 08:16:15 pm »
does any one know if you can buy the ceramic ball type thingy thats in the end of turbo nozzles ?? instead of the hole thing.

Keith Dobson

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 08:39:10 am »
Hi

I use a turbo nozzle on my 13hp 16 litres a minute machine and it top notch at removing the dirt and weeds BUT I I'm having problems with the vibration my hands, there is a numb sensation any advice would be helpful. I have tried different anti vibration gloves but little change. What pressure are you guys running at with the turbo nozzle?
Do you have any problems with numbness in your hands?

I also have a flat surface cleaner but they are very slow and then you have to go over it again anyway, maybe I should have the jets looked at and re sized?

Keith

drive surgeon

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 08:57:55 pm »
i had same prob keith and its something wrong in your set up that causes the vibration. mine was the suction was not right so it caused the lance to vibrate more.  now i never get any vibration!  my hand used to be white and numb.

stalwart

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2009, 09:18:11 am »
heres a guide to which nozzle you should use for your spec of machine
http://www.tensid.co.uk/web-app/plugins/spaw2/uploads/files/Nozzle,litres,pressure%20chart.pdf
can i just also warn you,using the incorrect nozzle can seriously lower the life of the pump and is the cause of many of the above problems
Been there,seen it,done it,just cant remember when

drivewasher

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2009, 01:27:16 pm »
heres a guide to which nozzle you should use for your spec of machine
http://www.tensid.co.uk/web-app/plugins/spaw2/uploads/files/Nozzle,litres,pressure%20chart.pdf
can i just also warn you,using the incorrect nozzle can seriously lower the life of the pump and is the cause of many of the above problems

Yes be carefull, the machine refered to in this link is a 350 bar machine. All the pressures they use as examples are BELOW the machine rating.
If you use the underloader numpty to reduce pressure then you reduce the flow of water, if you use a BIGGER nozzle to reduce the pressure then you don't loose any flow of water!
I'm always in the poo, it's just the depth that varies

stalwart

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 05:25:25 pm »
does any one know if you can buy the ceramic ball type thingy thats in the end of turbo nozzles ?? instead of the hole thing.

Have a chat with this lot,www.powercleanengineering.co.uk,the guys name is shaun,i've dealt with him a few times,hes quite clued up and not bad priceing
Been there,seen it,done it,just cant remember when