Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

big J

Re: how much?
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2009, 07:50:14 pm »
For me personally it is value for money ....generally i look at the cheapest and then the most expensive and then buy something priced in the middle eg ntto cheapest M&S dearest but buy at Tesco  ;)
modern day methods ......tradtional values

vision tech

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2009, 08:24:37 pm »
can i point out to all that are talking about cons roofs
 and the price,i stated that i charged £80.00 for a complete
cons clean, ie, roof, frames, doors ,sills,and then cleaned the
windows trad, £80 was not a ripoff,
I am not a wfper. ??? ???
I started out with nothing......I still have most of it.

simon knight

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2009, 08:35:15 pm »

At the end of the day I reckon that cons roof is 30 minutes work...£20 for 30 mins work? What's wrong with that?

Well, you can get more.

I don’t think it is about personal perception at all; the work has value to you and the customer.

You have to ask your self what are your real reasons for charging a lot less if you here of other window cleaners charging more.

What are the chances of you directly competing with another window cleaner for a residential conservatory roof clean?

There nothing clever charging £20 when the customer will accept a higher price. At least charge what the customer will have to pay if they did the work them selves, after that you might want to add a bit more for the time you save them because they don’t have to do it.

I repeat: £20 for 30 minutes work...what's wrong with that?

I don't especially care what others charge (or more accurately get away with). That's my rate...I'm not greedy.

In fact I like it that there are people who charge a whole lot more. Just means that I'll get (practically) any job I quote for and always earn a living.

So cheers guys I'm in your debt.  And avoid moving to Putney SW London...with me around you'll struggle to find custies.

Oh I forgot...here it's ladders only...shock horror :o ;D

NWH

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2009, 08:40:08 pm »
It dosen`t matter if you go round there and wave a magic wand at it and get it clean charge what the jobs worth,are you telling me a load of plastic windows on a house amount to 10k,no you wouldn`t but a stupid amount of people did and still pay it.The amount of time a job takes means nothing to me,i charge what i think the job is worth not £2 cos it`s takes 5 minutes,i`ve got to get there setup and get to the next job that in itself costs me money.

Window Washers

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2009, 08:42:22 pm »

At the end of the day I reckon that cons roof is 30 minutes work...£20 for 30 mins work? What's wrong with that?

Well, you can get more.

I don’t think it is about personal perception at all; the work has value to you and the customer.

You have to ask your self what are your real reasons for charging a lot less if you here of other window cleaners charging more.

What are the chances of you directly competing with another window cleaner for a residential conservatory roof clean?

There nothing clever charging £20 when the customer will accept a higher price. At least charge what the customer will have to pay if they did the work them selves, after that you might want to add a bit more for the time you save them because they don’t have to do it.

I repeat: £20 for 30 minutes work...what's wrong with that?

I don't especially care what others charge (or more accurately get away with). That's my rate...I'm not greedy.

In fact I like it that there are people who charge a whole lot more. Just means that I'll get (practically) any job I quote for and always earn a living.

So cheers guys I'm in your debt.  And avoid moving to Putney SW London...with me around you'll struggle to find custies.

Oh I forgot...here it's ladders only...shock horror :o ;D

I would be worried if thats your attitude fella, you maybe cheap but cheap is not always good. One point I would like to make is other people quote my customers all the time and seem do to get the job, I quote and I seem to get more and more seems that not every customer is based on price alone they get a package within my prices and I guess they liek it.

As said before if you happy thats what matters, sod everyone else, but putting other down in a way because you charge less, maybe food for thought for you, as it is you that is losing out  we can all be busy fools if we wan to be ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

simon knight

« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2009, 08:59:51 pm »
NWH, Window washers, Ewan etc etc...

That cons roof is 30 minutes work. £20 with me.

I'm very sorry if that's a problem for you but don't let it worry you too much, because on a scale of 0-10 the chances of you competing for the same job as me are around minus 8.

I work on a quarterly basis, am approx a month behind, I haven't canvassed for 3 years, get around 5 calls a week from recs and turn most down unless the job really suits (eg it's in a road I do anyway).

Fool? Probably.
Busy? Oh yeah baby ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2009, 09:04:27 pm »

I'm very sorry if that's a problem for you but don't let it worry you too much, because on a scale of 0-10 the chances of you competing for the same job as me are around minus 8.

I work on a quarterly basis, am approx a month behind, I haven't canvassed for 3 years, get around 5 calls a week from recs and turn most down unless the job really suits (eg it's in a road I do anyway).

Fool? Probably.
Busy? Oh yeah baby ;D

Love it, fair play to you m8,
No problem with me at all by the way, and seems you in a nice position.

Ian
P.s I will not worry   ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

simon knight

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2009, 09:07:24 pm »

Fool? Probably.
Busy? Oh yeah baby ;D

Ian

...and Chelsea won ;D

Life gets no better :-*

Window Washers

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2009, 09:08:30 pm »

Fool? Probably.
Busy? Oh yeah baby ;D

Ian

...and Chelsea won ;D

Guess they need to pick themselves up, I say no more  :P

simon knight

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2009, 09:12:53 pm »

Fool? Probably.
Busy? Oh yeah baby ;D

Ian

...and Chelsea won ;D

Says a sulky closet Everton supporter ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2009, 09:16:11 pm »

Fool? Probably.
Busy? Oh yeah baby ;D

Ian

...and Chelsea won ;D

Everton,?????????????? I have not insulted you, so please reframe for doing it to me  :P

simon knight

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2009, 09:22:18 pm »

Fool? Probably.
Busy? Oh yeah baby ;D

Ian

...and Chelsea won ;D

Everton,?????????????? I have not insulted you, so please reframe for doing it to me  :P

Abject apologies...didn't mean to offend!

Anyway I'm logging off to see the Britains got talent result. Bonsoir mon ami.

C'mon Diversity!