Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sapphire Window Cleaning

WFP customers!!
« on: May 22, 2009, 10:36:39 pm »
How many of you guys out there lost customers after the first cleans with WFP.
I lost 5 customers today, they all said they didn't want their windows and their house dripping wet after I clean them.
I had hand posted a letter explaining that I have changed over to WFP and what to expect i.e. wet windows, probable spotting.
I was upfront with them, but when I told them the reason I changed over was for Health and Safety reason, they didn't care about that, just "my windows and house is soaking wet"
Well I am peeved about it, but if they dont care about MY health and safety I wont care about their bloody windows.
I picked up 6 customers this week, so I am still 1 up for the week.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

peter holley

Re: WFP customers!!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 10:39:52 pm »
stick to yuor guns m8.... lol

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 10:47:28 pm »
I am doing mate. I am not making the same mistake that guy in Scotland made, and get rid of the WFP just because the odd custy moans about the system, but it still peed me off as I lost over £70 each month.

Matt

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 10:55:17 pm »
i have over 400 customers all wfp have done for 6 years and still have the same ones

tomy jackson

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 10:56:26 pm »
just as you thort youd got a ret nice custy thay never wher  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Mike 108

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 10:59:23 pm »
A few suggestions to try and improve things:

Unless your swapping everybody over at once - start with those that you know will be out at work. The windows will be dry by the time they get home.

Don't WFP the front door during the first cleans (unles it is really filthy). Clean it with a damp cloth/microfibre. Rather than leave a puddle of water outside the door, I brush most of it away with a soft sweeping brush - some surfaces hold more water than others.

Still squeegee the water off the main window (living room/kitchen) so as to 'normalise' the experience for them - until they get used to it.

Stick with it.

Mike

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 11:05:14 pm »
Thanks Mike I will try that, or just use the WFP for the upstairs.

Matt

andyjm1

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 11:22:44 pm »
I'd just ask them what they do when it rains.

Klean07

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 11:24:48 pm »
On very few houses I wfp just upstairs mainly on houses that have loads of downstairs windows. This also saves on my water supply too.
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 11:26:33 pm »
Thanks guys, Andy I will ask the next custy that, that is a great point to give them.

Matt

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 11:39:22 pm »
I lost about a dozen.  About half of those were my choice though as they were underpriced jobs involving going over a garage roof.  That wasn't so bad with ladder only but a lot of extra hassle when trying to avoid ladders.

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 11:41:38 pm »
I am doing mate. I am not making the same mistake that guy in Scotland made, and get rid of the WFP just because the odd custy moans about the system, but it still peed me off as I lost over £70 each month.

Matt

You will start picking up work because you have WFP eventually.  The work I've gained by having WFP is many times more than work lost due to it.  There can be a time lag though.  Don't let the customers decide your work method. 

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 11:45:24 pm »
Ey? Only lost one customer and that was purely my own fault. The rest were perfectly fine. Some people......

andyjm1

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2009, 11:49:50 pm »
I would focus more on the benefits wfp offers the customer rather than how it benefits you.

BETTER RESULTS- frames and sills cleaned, not just the glass.
WINDOWS STAY CLEANER FOR LONGER- no detergent redsidue
ELIMINATES RISK OF DAMAGE TO LAWNS, TILES, GUTTERING & BRICKWORK THAT LADDERS CAN CAUSE.

Good luck, I don't envy you changing work over. I started out wfp so I have not had to change my work over. You will always get the odd person who doesn't like it no matter what you do or say.

Window Washers

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2009, 11:49:56 pm »
How many of you guys out there lost customers after the first cleans with WFP.
I lost 5 customers today, they all said they didn't want their windows and their house dripping wet after I clean them.
I had hand posted a letter explaining that I have changed over to WFP and what to expect i.e. wet windows, probable spotting.
I was upfront with them, but when I told them the reason I changed over was for Health and Safety reason, they didn't care about that, just "my windows and house is soaking wet"
Well I am peeved about it, but if they dont care about MY health and safety I wont care about their bloody windows.
I picked up 6 customers this week, so I am still 1 up for the week.

Matt
Little tip, your letter is your biggest problem, dont give one, explain as an when asked, you ask for trouble otherwise  this is a fact ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 11:54:19 pm »
I would focus more on the benefits wfp offers the customer rather than how it benefits you.

BETTER RESULTS- frames and sills cleaned, not just the glass.
WINDOWS STAY CLEANER FOR LONGER- no detergent redsidue
ELIMINATES RISK OF DAMAGE TO LAWNS, TILES, GUTTERING & BRICKWORK THAT LADDERS CAN CAUSE.

Good luck, I don't envy you changing work over. I started out wfp so I have not had to change my work over. You will always get the odd person who doesn't like it no matter what you do or say.

good post, I changed every customer overnight to wfp, I had a few cancel for silly reasons, but it was their reasons for cancaling not quality of work, fair play but they will feel silly when they look back in a few years "mud getting wet was one, shamed to say I laughed at them , unpro i know but I have a limit , Have to say my rounds were established not that it means jack all. be brave do it, it worked for me and I had a lot to lose, I gained within 3 months so for me the results showed. Do not fanny around in business go for it......
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2009, 12:09:26 am »
Thanks Ian,
as far as I know I am the only regular residential WFP window cleaner in my town. So it will be strange for customers to see a guy cleaning window with a pole, brush and water. I havent had any problems with regards to spotting. and after the second cleans the windows look really good.

Matt

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2009, 01:13:49 am »

Little tip, your letter is your biggest problem, dont give one, explain as an when asked, you ask for trouble otherwise  this is a fact ;)

yea it looks like you are just giving excuses before you start.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2009, 01:35:03 am »
Milltown how would you inform the customers about the change in methods?
I am just trying to see what you guys would say to the customer.

Matt

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2009, 08:17:21 am »
In my second month now. Lost 2 customers. 1 was my own fault and the other said the windows were not clean. Funny isnt it.... i have had loads of calls from customers friends and family who want me to clean there windows because they saw how gleaming the windows i did were. 1 job i got she wanted the conservatory doing aswell - £100 off a refferal, cant knock that.

Some will drop. But you'll get more and more and more and more.
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go